BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » New AK Products
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/31/2020 12:51:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Midwest_Ind]
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 9:37:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#1]
I'm looking forward to this. Also looks like the magpul rail covers will fit without modification.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:08:06 AM EDT
[#2]
That's a great idea. I like'em.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 6:44:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Midwest_Ind] [#3]
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow these are looking great! thanks for the ak love
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:18:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Yep , will have to get some now .
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:45:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I read a review on Midway as I was about to order indicating it is extremely difficult to install this with your railed gas tube?  Is this accurate or was this person not doing the work properly?  If you install the handguard first (and then try to install the Ultimak which I what I have) will it require modification as this review indicated?

It is meant to be paired with a drop-in, railed, gas tube, but.....to install said tube, with this handguard, is nearly impossible. The set screws, that hold it in place are angled at 45° downward, for some INSANE reason, and are UNREACHABLE, with the handguard in place, but it's impossible to install the gas tube without the handguard in place, because the gas tube blocks the handguard release latch. I had to spend hours, with a set of diamond files, carefully cutting a notch into each side of the handguard, just so I could reach the set screws with an allen key!!!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:13:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By msmalls82:
I read a review on Midway as I was about to order indicating it is extremely difficult to install this with your railed gas tube?  Is this accurate or was this person not doing the work properly?  If you install the handguard first (and then try to install the Ultimak which I what I have) will it require modification as this review indicated?

It is meant to be paired with a drop-in, railed, gas tube, but.....to install said tube, with this handguard, is nearly impossible. The set screws, that hold it in place are angled at 45° downward, for some INSANE reason, and are UNREACHABLE, with the handguard in place, but it's impossible to install the gas tube without the handguard in place, because the gas tube blocks the handguard release latch. I had to spend hours, with a set of diamond files, carefully cutting a notch into each side of the handguard, just so I could reach the set screws with an allen key!!!!
View Quote

Would depend on the railed gas tube you are using. Sounds like he was using the Midwest Industries railed gas tube, that's the only one I know of that uses those 45° set screws. Since you have an Ultimak you won't have that issue, you slide the barrel bands onto the barrel before or as you install the handguard, then you line the bands up with the mounting holes on the gas tube and screw it in.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:03:17 PM EDT
[#8]
There arent many reviews on these.

All I have to say is lock up is rock solid. Ill probably need a tools/finesse to even move my retainer lever upward.

My AK has had wobble issues with most handguards. This is super tight and I didnt even need to use the set screw on the bottom.

Ill be pairing this with a CNC Warrior optics tube.

Honestly I bet this thing could hold zero np with lasers and such and it did not require any clamping to the barrel.

As for fitting I did not have to file the tabs. I just oiled them and firmly pushed it into my receiver.

@Midwest_Ind

Thanks for turning my rattle trap Cugir into something better.

This handguard's competition is thw TDI arma handguard, and this fits much better imo.  Made in the USA is a huge plus.

Link Posted: 6/23/2021 1:36:46 AM EDT
[#9]
looks good with the UltiMAK, but how's it look with the Midwest Industries AK Railed Gas Tube.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 2:58:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Midwest_Ind:
Midwest Industries is proud to release our first ever AK drop in handguards.
These are available in an AKM stamped pattern as well as Yugo and Yugo Krink with a Bulgarian Krinkov length coming soon.

This line of handguards install very easy with only a minor amount of fitting needed.
With these drop in bottoms you can retain your factory wood handguards or use a railed gas tube for mounting of optics.
Once installed these lock up very solid and offer M-LOK slots at the 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions for mounting of many accessories.

Like everything we make these are manufactured 100% in the USA, are 922r compliant and are covered by our lifetime warranty.

Be sure to check them out in the AK products section of our website under their respective category.
https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/AK
Introductory pricing is $99.95

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/54866/akdi2-1527325.jpg

View Quote

Not seeing any cleaning rods so I take that as a 'no.'
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 3:21:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 3:37:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Midwest_Ind:

You will have to leave the cleaning rod at home or put it in your backpack.
Since you have to remove a muzzle devise for the rod to even be long enough to use I am not sure why people want to carry them so much.
View Quote

The Handguard fits tight enough without the screw imo. I was able to get a cleaning rod to fit on a WASR.

AKs just look naked without them lmao
Page AK-47 » New AK Products
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top