Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/18/2024 12:31:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TBone556]
Does anyone have that barrel or the complete rival gun? I have the SPR in my 3gun rifle and I have had that barrel since 2016 and it still shoots great but I’m just thinking of the future when I rebarrel it and wanted to know how the balance is with the 17 vs 18 and the fluting. Also if anyone has put it on a chronograph and what the velocity difference is.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 3:02:54 PM EDT
[#1]
White Oak Armament sells 3-gun barrels in three different profiles.

The truth is, there are at least a dozen companies making world class barrels, any one of them will suit your needs.

Even rack grade, chrome line barrels can flirt with 1 moa when fed premium ammo.

If you are shooting M193/M855 ball ammo in 3-gun, which most people do, a premium barrel is a waste of money. Buy a Colt, BCM, FN chrome lined barrel and shoot the living crap out of it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 6:47:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Nobody is shooting m855 because you’re going to tear up steel targets. I agree I could get away with a chrome lined barrel but considering in 3gun you’re never in a perfect shooting position I would like to have a more accurate barrel and I use a 75gr match load when I’m shooting distance at matches but anything in close I will use cheap 55gr.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top