Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Golf
Posted: 5/14/2024 5:13:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ButchA61]
I have a small, modest, collection from each decade.  That's all.  Nothing too fancy.  Scroll down....

L-R in the image above:
1965 Wilson 8802 (verified by Ebay seller.  Some jackwad used a portable sandblaster on the putter head, darn near destroying its history.  It looks brand new, but it's 1965.)
1973 Ping Pal (Cleaned up & restored by myself and Golf Galaxy.  Incredible 50 year old putter, that to my surprise, still sinks putts! It's my #2 putter (backup) ).
1983 Ping B60 (New Ping grip by Golf Galaxy).  Nice putter, but way too light for my taste.
1996 Odyssey DF550 (100% original, with original slim Odyssey grip.  At 34" it's just a hair too short me, so I gave it to my wife to use playing putt-putt).
2000 "Clone" ((knock-off of an Odyssey Rossie II), and even has my name on the backplate!  Built for me, by a buddy of a nextdoor neighbor who assembled clubs in his basement!)
2010 Odyssey White Hot XG 2.0 #1 (My main putter of all time.  I love this thing!  This putter stays in my bag at all times!  I sank a breaking 28' putt with it!  THAT is why I love it!

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:20:42 PM EDT
[#1]
That's pretty cool.
I collect wood drivers.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Bettinardi BB26

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:11:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sean124] [#3]
I only own 2 putters. A near mint 2000-2001 Pro Platinum Newport 2 and a LAB DF3. The Scotty is my favorite and I’ll never get rid of it, but I putt better with the LAB.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:39:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Logcutter] [#4]
I got fit for my Odyssey Versa 3T at ECPC and it was built by the pro staff club makers.  It's my favorite, but I also have a Triple Track 11 DB and a Stroke Lab 2-ball DB.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:49:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JDennis] [#5]
Part of my Collection...

Attachment Attached File

My favorite is my gamer.

Attachment Attached File

Esthetically it would be one if my Betti's. The black/purple finish is on point...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Last year I also bought one of the limited Odyssey Jailbird arm lock's after Rickie and Wyndham won a few rounds with them. But never rolled it.

Also have a Taylormade Spider S tour issue with the Taylormade hot rod 69 Mustang head cover. Only bought it because I have a 69 Mustang.

I have a Putter fetish...

Honestly one of my favorite putters is a old Yes! Penny.  I hate looking at it as I don't like mid round back mallets. But it is second to my gamer for performance. It rarely let's me down and will throw it in the bag every now and then.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:34:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Are these really putter collections or you just keep buying new putters in hopes of finding one that makes you not suck quite so bad. Thats what my "collection" is. Right now my favorite is my Odyssey white hot RX7. The rest of my collection are just because I never throw anything away. I am still contemplating an Odyssey AI Armlock, but I havent talked myself into it completely yet. Had it in my cart a couple times and then tell myself I dont need it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:37:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I like your collection.

For myself I have 13 putters.  I am not a collector.  I buy them in desperation that ONE will actually make putts.  

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:39:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:57:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: optimator] [#9]
Up until this year I had 10-12. Not really a collector, I just think putters are cool. All I have now is a Scotty Phantom 7.5, Odyssey Protype 5, Odyssey Protype 5c, Seemore FGP & a Titleist Scotty Bullseye (one of the old ones with the SC on the sole). I used to love center shafted putters, mostly because I used a Bullseye most of my life. I've since moved away from them. I'll end up selling the Seemore & the 5c eventually.

Edit: I missed the favorite part. My 7.5 for sure. After using center shafts & face balanced for years it was a game changer when I went to one with a little bit of toe hang.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:17:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ButchA61] [#10]
Excellent putters, guys!  I don't know if mine (OP) would be considered a collection, as it's only 6, and represents one from each decade.  Ebay, 2nd Swing, garage sales, etc... and I found each one that I was looking for.  Someone mentioned the Odyssey White Hot.  Yup....  My White Hot XG 2.0 will be buried with me! LOL.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:31:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ICU] [#11]
Whatever makes your putter flutter…
Page General » Golf
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top