Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nolan7120:
C'mon, where's the pre-click context?

Eta: the title is not enough
View Quote
Get woke.. go broke.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:41:14 PM EDT
[#4]
All at the altar of St fentanyl floyd.  Brilliant.

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:43:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By IDidThat:
A happy story.
View Quote

Not for the people who worked there.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:44:12 PM EDT
[#6]
it was always meant to shut down.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:44:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By OverScoped:
Get woke.. go broke.
View Quote

Beat.

GrumpyCatGood.jpg
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:44:28 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

you didn't really expect anything substantive from realdupe, did you?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:50:00 PM EDT
[#9]
It's some beer I've never heard of.

Thought it would be about Dixie paper cups, but looks like they're not changing their name (yet, anyway).

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:50:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Dixie Beer rebrands to something unrecognizable because of feelz and goes our of business.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:51:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pallas] [#11]

View Quote

Dixie beer, which has been in NOLA for over 100yrs decided to ditch the name because of Floyd and picked some fucked up name. They shortly went out of business lol.

I was born in NOLA and a majority of my family lived there and I swear, I don’t ever recall seeing any of them drink a Dixie beer, I don’t recall ever having one, not that that means much. I liked Abita pretty okay though.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:58:40 PM EDT
[#12]
A company I never heard of went out of business. Huh. Ok then
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:13:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Look away, look away….
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:20:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Is "Dixie" offensive now?

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:24:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 77Bronc] [#15]
As a Louisiana man, sorry to see the name go, especially on the fraudulent conditions....but for those of you who never tasted Dixie beer, it is basically fermented horse piss, it is disgustingly bad.  In high school Dixie was 75 cents a six pack, a dollar over priced.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:26:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:27:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Fuck em

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:29:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Paul:

View Quote

I don't know. Let's ask some Chicks.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:30:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Oh, I thought this was about the collapse of the country and OP got his maffs wrong.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:30:39 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

ask "the chicks"

fuckem
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:30:44 AM EDT
[#21]
I doubt that's why they went under. Seemed more stuntish to try and get attention to the brand. You've got to have some seriously shitty beer not to be making money these days.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:35:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Aspida1776:
I doubt that's why they went under. Seemed more stuntish to try and get attention to the brand. You've got to have some seriously shitty beer not to be making money these days.
View Quote

It's commonly thought that it's go woke, go broke. But a lot of the time it's actually, go broke, go woke, still croak.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:38:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By 77Bronc:
As a Louisiana man, sorry to see the name go, especially on the fraudulent conditions....but for those of you who never tasted Dixie beer, it is basically fermented horse piss, it is disgustingly bad.  In high school Dixie was 75 cents a six pack, a dollar over priced.

View Quote

So your saying it’s on par with Coors?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:41:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pale_pony] [#24]

View Quote

Just like "Johnny Carson"

oh well, it was nice knowing y'all
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:41:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Pallas:

Dixie beer, which has been in NOLA for over 100yrs decided to ditch the name because of Floyd and picked some fucked up name. They shortly went out of business lol.

I was born in NOLA and a majority of my family lived there and I swear, I don't ever recall seeing any of them drink a Dixie beer, I don't recall ever having one, not that that means much. I liked Abita pretty okay though.
View Quote
I remember Dixie beer being popular with older boomers way back in the day. I don't recall it having much of a presence after I reached drinking age. The cheap beer in my day was Schaefer.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:41:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Aspida1776:
View Quote

The video says they sold off their equipment.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:43:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:

View Quote

Those chicks are offensive, please don't.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:45:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By 13Joker:

Those chicks are offensive, please don't.
View Quote

Ditzie ?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:51:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Ignoring the small issue that started right after the name change and drove a lot of businesses to close.

COVID

Also any name change to a totally unrecognizable name would definitely cause problems with a small fan base.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:56:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Y'all are crazy. Dixie is top shelf.

It's on the top shelf in my shop being stored for safekeeping.

I don't remember for a fact but I'm pretty sure I tasted a Dixie beer one time and that was enough for me. But I did think it was worthy enough to preserve the label in my new shop. I bought a six pack and placed it on my "top shelf" as a memento of the better times in the past.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:00:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Robulur2022] [#31]
I hope they got boycotted. Fuck them.WTF does Dixie even have to do with George Floyd's death. Nothing. This outfit was looking for a way to display their wokeness. How irresponsible can a company be to its employees yep fuck Dixie beers managment
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:03:11 AM EDT
[#32]
same should happen to Buttweiper
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:07:41 AM EDT
[#33]
I've never even heard of that beer and A) I hang out predominately at specialty craft beer bars/stores that get lots of local and regional beers and B) I've been to NOLA and surrounding areas multiple times and never recall seeing it anywhere.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:08:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Wildfowler] [#34]
I just scrolled through their website. I think these gay looking beers are for sale in my local grocery store right now?

https://faubourgbrewery.com/our-beers/flagship-beers

https://faubourgbrewery.com/our-beers/flagship-beers
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:20:51 AM EDT
[#35]
On the glass half full side- the equipment will likely go to smaller independent breweries popping up everywhere. To make real beer.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:24:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Bought my first car (truck, actually) from Dixie Nissan in Bessemer, AL. They changed the name, but it was because someone bought the business and then moved it.

I honestly wish I had the old (smaller) DIXIE NISSAN sign that was on the front of the building. I also wish I still had that truck. That thing just wouldn't die.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:33:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Brewed with water from New Orleans.

Ooooof.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:47:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:
Brewed with water from New Orleans.

Ooooof.
View Quote
Yeah. When I lived in NO back in the day, I didn't even want to shower with that water. Needless to say, I did not drink it or cook with it. I had gallon jugs of water I kept in the closet for that.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:16:05 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Not unless you’re gay and retarded.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:24:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Robulur2022:
I hope they got boycotted. Fuck them.WTF does Dixie even have to do with George Floyd's death. Nothing. This outfit was looking for a way to display their wokeness. How irresponsible can a company be to its employees yep fuck Dixie beers managment
View Quote

Anhieser Busch to the white courtesy phone, please.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:26:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Why fuck with a business that just prints money..

You think by alienating your current base you will pick up enough new customers? Unlikely.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:14:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Murky Waters: Distilling truth from fiction in the Faubourg Brewing debacle

It's a long read for most here, but it explains why the name change had no play in the brewery closing.
It was bad management of the new owners, Made By The Water, and its CEO, Alexi Sekmakas.

Made By The Water and Sekmakas have been buying up, and closing breweries all over the South, and Dixie Beer / Faubourg were just one of the victims.

Sekmakas didn't want to install power serge equipment at the New Orleans operations that would prevent power shutdowns, which then shut down production when their building lost power, which costs them product to sell, and it was happening a lot.

The water/sewage company in New Orleans charges a premium for waste water that doesn’t meet certain environmental standards, and the brewery's waste water under Made By The Water's management didn't, which led to higher charges.

Made By The Water could have installed the proper equipment to resolve that, but refused.

He also cited New Orleans crime, but the workers who worked at the Brewery have said it was a non issue.

Jay
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:23:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By SlimBlundt:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SlimBlundt:

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:06:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:10:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Golden-Arm:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Golden-Arm:

He’s not the real dupe.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:10:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:19:39 PM EDT
[#47]
I watched management destroy Butler Manufacturing out of stupidity.  That company started to go downhill when they decided to hire ex-military officers as managers.  Those people have no fucking clue how to run a company or how to treat employees.  They took the #1 company in metal buildings and pushed it to the brink of bankruptcy.  In the end they were bought out by a 3 yo company out of Australia.  

They ran the company like the federal government is run.  Customers were pissed off that they could not just call and order a 20' long 8" Z purlin without having to use a special code and order process.  I'm going through the same shit now that I work for the Corps of Engineers. There are a bunch of us from the private sector working there.  We could easily improve design quality and production speed if it wasn't for the fucked up regulations and regulation brainwashed government employees.  It is impossible for these people to think outside the box at all.  After a while you just stop caring.  That is the only way to survive.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:23:33 PM EDT
[#48]
I’d be willing to bet sales were sagging a bit and they decided to hire themselves a new (woke) marketing executive to do a brand “refresh” and the first action was to lose the old name. I’m also willing to bet that marketing exec was a female of about 25-35 years of age who attended a very liberal university.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:28:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Do you think we could pull out an uno reverse card and open a brewery named by the internet (so something ridiculous would win like Adolf Hitler brewery of friendship) and then just name all the beers offensive slurs?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:30:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:
Do you think we could pull out an uno reverse card and open a brewery named by the internet (so something ridiculous would win like Adolf Hitler brewery of friendship) and then just name all the beers offensive slurs?
View Quote
Brewery McBrewface
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top