Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Not a LawyerUp video (Page 1 of 3)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/4/2024 12:39:58 PM EDT
Felony charges dropped after a constable kicks a car and injures himself.  A third party recording the encounter shares the video and the DA dismissed the charges.

Dashcam footage clears man of felony charge after showing constable injuring himself
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:47:29 PM EDT
[#1]
And yet no mention of charges of filing a false police report or perjury
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:48:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JosephTurrisi:
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:52:36 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote
Yea.... not to mention a 10x sentence for trying to frame someone.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:55:16 PM EDT
[#4]
lol what a moron. He should be in jail
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:59:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Back the blue!
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:00:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Cop should serve the maximum sentence that the driver would have received if convicted.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:02:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Fire him, then jail him.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:06:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Made up charge to cover his dumb ass decision. I’ve worked traffic control in those situations and there are plenty of dumb drivers that don’t listen.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:24:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PepePewPew] [#10]
Originally Posted By gillplate:
Cop should serve the maximum sentence that the driver would have received if convicted.
View Quote

When I lived in Michigan, if a store scanner overcharged you and you caught it after paying, they had to refund the difference plus a 10x penalty ($5 cap on the penalty though). They redid the law and I believe the penalty is gone now.

The 10x was to help make up for all the times they did it and got away with it.
Like cops lying in court and the court believing them over the victim every time until given video proof.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:27:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kc-coyote] [#11]
Absolutely ZERO excuses for that liar.  He flat out lied in his report and should be charged.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:36:42 PM EDT
[#12]
LoL what a fucktard.

View Quote

And this. Obviously a more equal.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:58:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Wants to ring up dude on a felony.. Nice. Wonder what penalty would have been? Jail time or big fines, plus maybe loss of gun rights?

At least the office is investigating the wannabe framer who is clearly captured on video and trying to ruin someone's life
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:58:25 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:00:23 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

He'll be allowed to "resign" and show up working in a nearby town. SOP.

Fucking mutt.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:04:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By USCG_CPO:
Back the blue!
View Quote

It's only a small percentage that are bad.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#17]
yet.....
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:13:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:
yet.....
View Quote

Nice.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:18:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

When I lived in Michigan, if a store scanner overcharged you and you caught it after paying, they had to refund the difference plus a 10x penalty ($5 cap on the penalty though). They redid the law and I believe the penalty is gone now.

The 10x was to help make up for all the times they did it and got away with it.
Like cops lying in court and the court believing them over the victim every time until given video proof.
View Quote

Michigan still has the bounty.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:20:04 PM EDT
[#20]
One lies, the rest cover it up.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:20:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LawyerUp] [#21]
This reminds me of the other day I had to explain to my wife why kids at a HS basketball game kept flying backwards and landing on their back. I had to explain the theatrics of trying to draw a foul. This guy was basically doing that.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:24:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Haha!  My county.   Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#23]
According to the paperwork shown in the video he was charged with failure to stop and render aid a third degree felony. No mention is made of vehicular assault or assault on an LEO. Unless there is something unexpected in that law it is a valid charge even with the cop's poor decision and should not have been dropped. Plus the ticket for ignoring the traffic control directions of course.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:31:03 PM EDT
[#24]
When you have a god complex and attempt to damage the belongings of a peasant, but then some nub with a potato for a cam catches you and releases the video exposing you and blasts your evil ass back to reality.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#25]
how many people are in jail because cops lie all the time?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:23:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Hilarious, they are still investigsting the driver but not the idiot who kicked the car
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:29:42 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Yup. That cop needs to be held accountable. A more important issue is, are there bikini pics of Corley on the net?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:32:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Francisco_dAnconia:
According to the paperwork shown in the video he was charged with failure to stop and render aid a third degree felony. No mention is made of vehicular assault or assault on an LEO. Unless there is something unexpected in that law it is a valid charge even with the cop's poor decision and should not have been dropped. Plus the ticket for ignoring the traffic control directions of course.
View Quote

I would say that I didn't stop because the cop was obviously a pissed off idiot and thought he might shoot me.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:35:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Another one of the extremely few bad apples, guys. Cut him some slack
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:38:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By raygixxer89:

I would say that I didn't stop because the cop was obviously a pissed off idiot and thought he might shoot me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

And there were trained law enforcement officers on scene who were better equipped to render aid.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:39:46 PM EDT
[#31]
This reminds me of the other day I had to explain to my wife why kids at a HS basketball game kept flying backwards and landing on their back. I had to explain the theatrics of trying to draw a foul. This guy was basically doing that.
View Quote

Basketball would be a lot more watchable if folks were breaking their own legs to draw fouls.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:42:55 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

So do I need to stop and render aid after someone assaults me and damages my private property? I should have to stick around to allow them to continue the assault. Should I get out of my car when someone begins kicking it. I would also state that I saw no evidence of him breaking traffic control directions and since the cop has already impugned himself once especially while he is it while committing a crime that I find his testimony on it less than credible. That is pretty much how that would be summed up by most defense attorneys I would imagine. I think I would drop it if I were the DA as well.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:49:57 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

much like soccer players, even professionals, do the same. roll around on the ground when they’re not truly injured, in hopes the ref gives a PK or card.
can’t tell you how many times i’ve seen that in MLS games, it got to where i gave up watching.

hockey isn’t like that.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:53:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

And there were trained law enforcement officers on scene who were better equipped to render aid.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 8:00:54 PM EDT
[#35]
yet.....
View Quote

Looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 8:18:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Video says the driver still faces a misdemeanor charge for the original traffic infraction.

Legal experts: Wouldn't this be a case where the charges should be dismissed because of the double jeopardy concept.  The driver was already punsihed for the alleged traffic infraction by the kick to the car.  The damage to the car was probably more than the fine would have been.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 8:28:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By MeInMediocrity:
Video says the driver still faces a misdemeanor charge for the original traffic infraction.

Legal experts: Wouldn't this be a case where the charges should be dismissed because of the double jeopardy concept.  The driver was already punsihed for the alleged traffic infraction by the kick to the car.  The damage to the car was probably more than the fine would have been.
View Quote

I think it will be seen the other way where the cop will get off without punishment because he has suffered enough from the broken leg.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:03:00 PM EDT
[#38]

Yup. That cop needs to be held accountable. A more important issue is, are there bikini pics of Corley on the net?
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:19:09 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Pull off 100 yards down the road and call 911.  Making them track you down at home, as indicated in the paperwork shown, is just stupid and stupid should hurt.

I shouldn't be calling it "paperwork".  It's a Facebook post by the PR folks not any official report or documentation.

Originally Posted By FFmedicAdam:
So do I need to stop and render aid after someone assaults me and damages my private property? I should have to stick around to allow them to continue the assault. Should I get out of my car when someone begins kicking it. I would also state that I saw no evidence of him breaking traffic control directions and since the cop has already impugned himself once especially while he is it while committing a crime that I find his testimony on it less than credible. That is pretty much how that would be summed up by most defense attorneys I would imagine. I think I would drop it if I were the DA as well.
Don't be daft.  See above.

The media cut it to hype the story?  The car in the right lane slowing for a stop while the white car continues through the intersection and changes lanes implies that he did violate the officer's directions.

If you drive past a traffic control officer that ordered you to stop and he whacks your car you don't get to accuse him of assault.

Without knowing exactly he wrote in the actual police report I cannot say whether his testimony about the incident is credible.

Why?  That cop definitely wasn't committing a hit-and-run.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:29:24 PM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TGE:

https://media1.tenor.com/m/Kq9a0vc8XJcAAAAC/that-is-the-question-that-is-the-right-question.gif

I haven't looked yet but I don't do any social media besides here.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:42:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Hope it hurt and always hurts.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:43:43 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:53:32 PM EDT
[#43]
This is why when someone posts videos of bad shit happening to cops, I just don't give a fuck.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:59:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Lug1:
Fire him, then jail him.
View Quote

We all know nothing serious will happen.  Just an inaccurate report, not really lying

Just different when you are the Kings Man.

Certainly not another case of believing an eye witness over your own lying eyes.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:03:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Pull off 100 yards down the road and call 911.  Making them track you down at home, as indicated in the paperwork shown, is just stupid and stupid should hurt.

I shouldn't be calling it "paperwork".  It's a Facebook post by the PR folks not any official report or documentation.

The media cut it to hype the story?  The car in the right lane slowing for a stop while the white car continues through the intersection and changes lanes implies that he did violate the officer's directions.

If you drive past a traffic control officer that ordered you to stop and he whacks your car you don't get to accuse him of assault.

Without knowing exactly he wrote in the actual police report I cannot say whether his testimony about the incident is credible.

View Quote

Is it really a traffic accident though?  The officer purposely kicked the car.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:03:27 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Mostly because the cop kicked a moving car and then lied about it to fuck over the driver.  Why should he not face consequences ten times what the driver was facing?

Oh, wait, it's because he's immune to questioning, because he's a government agent?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:05:32 AM EDT
[#47]
If a cop is directing traffic and you ignore him, and he strikes your car...

Yeah, he struck your car because you ignored his traffic directions...

You are they bad guy not the cop.

YMMV
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:07:37 AM EDT
[#48]
I feel like we need to see more Corely Peel.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:07:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By BURN:
If a cop is directing traffic and you ignore him, and he strikes your car...

Yeah, he struck your car because you ignored his traffic directions...

You are they bad guy not the cop.

YMMV
View Quote

"I kicked the car" vs "he hit me"

Kinda different, ehh?

And if he's playing that loose with the truth...
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:09:46 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

These comments are just asinine. First, if the police officer is engaged in illegal conduct (kicking a car), then there is no duty to either stop, render aid, or in any way do anything other than leave the area to prevent further illegal acts from being perpetrated. Second, the officer then compounds the illegal acts by what appear from the reporting to be filing false charges. Finally, the video seems to indicate that the only person who engaged in illegal activity appears to be the police officer.

The cop should be put in jail for perjury and filing a false police report if the reporting is accurate. Further, if that is the case, the officer should be forced to pay for the repair of the motorist's vehicle personally since his actions were outside the purview of his job (and unlawful).
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Not a LawyerUp video (Page 1 of 3)
Top Top