Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/4/2024 10:24:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: leadnbrass]
Luckily the inside intruders seem to be normal but the ones outside are everywhere.

Just came back from a walk around the neighborhood...spotted 10 of the fuckers...though there are  now 10 less.

Notice more than usual where you are?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:26:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep. Property in Centerville. Always finding the little bastards inside. They hurt like a damn wasp sting
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:31:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Please keep your death from above shit down there.

This one was cute, and dead.
On my ceiling…..

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:32:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I've killed four in the house already this year. Scorpions, fire ants, and ticks all seem to be worse than usual.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:33:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Scorpions - Rock You Like A Hurricane (Official Music Video)

Sorry - had to be done.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:35:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a young orange cat that kills and eats every bug it encounters before I see them. I just find bits and pieces.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:36:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I lived somewhere with a legitimate scorpion infestation. We’d find five or six a week stuck on the sticky traps inside the house and another one or two inside the house each week as I hunted with a blacklight before bed. We had professional pest control and I sprayed inside also. Those fuckers drove me crazy and I was also hyper vigilant because they were the Arizona Bark Scorpion.

We moved as quick as we were able but it wasn’t soon enough. I still have nightmares about finding scorpions in my bed, shoes, and towels.

If I remember right, @couch-commando lived in Arizona his whole life and never got stung. The week he was packing up to move, he got stung. Fuckers.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:48:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Never seen one at my home, probably because it used to be cotton fields, lots of pesticides were used in the past I am sure.
Did have a quite a few Black Widows though, mud wasps took care of them.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:55:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 80085:
I lived somewhere with a legitimate scorpion infestation. We'd find five or six a week stuck on the sticky traps inside the house and another one or two inside the house each week as I hunted with a blacklight before bed. We had professional pest control and I sprayed inside also. Those fuckers drove me crazy and I was also hyper vigilant because they were the Arizona Bark Scorpion.

We moved as quick as we were able but it wasn't soon enough. I still have nightmares about finding scorpions in my bed, shoes, and towels.

If I remember right, @couch-commando lived in Arizona his whole life and never got stung. The week he was packing up to move, he got stung. Fuckers.
View Quote
That is correct. Hurt about three times as bad as a bee sting for 20 minutes and then I lost all feeling in my hand and forearm. Didn't fully return for a week.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:57:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 80085:
I lived somewhere with a legitimate scorpion infestation. We’d find five or six a week stuck on the sticky traps inside the house and another one or two inside the house each week as I hunted with a blacklight before bed. We had professional pest control and I sprayed inside also. Those fuckers drove me crazy and I was also hyper vigilant because they were the Arizona Bark Scorpion.

We moved as quick as we were able but it wasn’t soon enough. I still have nightmares about finding scorpions in my bed, shoes, and towels.

View Quote

Lived in east Texas. Some nights, early in my stay there, we'd find 15-20 in traps, running, or dead on the floor. Orkin guy said he'd never seen so many before

5 years in that miserable fucking house and I had to have killed 2000 on that property. No one was ever stung, thank God
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:05:53 PM EDT
[#10]
LOL

And.. Demon WP is your friend.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:06:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I remember seeing scorpions when I was a kid, but haven't seen one in a very long time.  My problem is Brown Recluse spiders.  I either need to find something I can use or hire an exterminator.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:06:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm starting to get annoyed.  I bought some Onslaught Fastcap I need to get around to spraying.  I have a pair of test subjects on hand to see if it's legit or not.

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:08:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Scorpions!

Scorpions - "Loving You Sunday Morning"
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:10:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Only found a few in the last couple decades here in west TX. Almost stepped on an albino looking one in a new house/ development area. Dude was just lurking in the hallway at night. Used to see them a lot more as a kid. Guy I knew was real good at picking them up by the stinger.

Haven’t had a car covered in splattered insects in quite a while either. Short trips out of town used to cover my bumper and windshield. Took a trip to FL to rack up the same bug body count.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:16:05 PM EDT
[#15]
People make fun of Cleveland but we don't have scorpions
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:18:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By centex_SR-15:
I'm starting to get annoyed.  I bought some Onslaught Fastcap I need to get around to spraying.  I have a pair of test subjects on hand to see if it's legit or not.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/260794/IMG_1907-3205834.jpg
View Quote

Throw one into the container with the other and post the result.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:19:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Ohio_Bill:
View Quote

Toledo doesn't either.  There is a reason I like to live where the air hurts my face.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:25:01 PM EDT
[#18]
The widow is pretty fast, I think she'd be on the scorpion, envenomate it and be off to wait for the venom to take effect before he knew what was happening.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:25:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Had a weird dream about scorpions last night but have never actually encountered one.  

None here in N. ID and was very vigilant to shake my boots out during my times in the box at Ft Irwin.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:32:45 PM EDT
[#20]
I haven't seen any recently.  They like crickets.  Get rid of the crickets and they will look elsewhere for food.  Of course, there will be a few scorpions that didn't get the memo.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:36:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Kills AZ Scorpions, safe for Alice Cooper.

It should work on TX Scorpions.

Buy online at doityourselfpestcontrol.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:37:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By terrafirma:
Had a weird dream about scorpions last night but have never actually encountered one.  

None here in N. ID and was very vigilant to shake my boots out during my times in the box at Ft Irwin.
View Quote
They're all over probably just a bit south and west of you.  Lots around Spokane.  They're harmless though.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:40:22 PM EDT
[#23]
We supposedly have them here. In 25 years of living here, have not seen one outside of petco!
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:47:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By DKUltra:
We supposedly have them here. In 25 years of living here, have not seen one outside of petco!
View Quote
You're mostly not going to see them unless you go out looking under rocks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:54:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By engineer1371:

Toledo doesn't either.  There is a reason I like to live where the air hurts my face.
View Quote

That’s the refinery
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:59:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OscarD] [#26]
Originally Posted By Spleenless-Dave:
I remember seeing scorpions when I was a kid, but haven't seen one in a very long time.  My problem is Brown Recluse spiders.  I either need to find something I can use or hire an exterminator.
View Quote

Killed one in my bathroom last year. Little brown fucker about 1.5” long. Was sitting on the commode growing a monkey tail and it came around the corner from behind the vanity and casually crawled its way close enough to stomp on.

Brown recluse infestations are best resolved by fire and an up to date home insurance policy.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:00:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By centex_SR-15:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/260794/IMG_1907-3205834.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:01:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Windustsearch:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Windustsearch:
Originally Posted By DKUltra:

Or using a black light to find the glowies
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:30:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By leadnbrass:
Luckily the inside intruders seem to be normal but the ones outside are everywhere.

Just came back from a walk around the neighborhood...spotted 10 of the fuckers...though there are  now 10 less.

Notice more than usual where you are?
View Quote
I am in Converse (San Antonio) and I have had 4 in our house in the past week and a half. One stung my 4yrd daughter on her toe when she walked outside the door 2 days ago. I just ordered a UV flash light that I plan to use to begin my war against the evil bastards. I have only ever encountered 1 before this year in the entire 19 yrs I have lived in and around San Antonio.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:41:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: USMC7382] [#30]
College Station, TX area (generally speaking).  Last year wasn’t bad and this year only four so far with one outside.

Some years we kill them by the dozens.  Red wasps are also a thing.  Only one coral snake this year, last year had three around the house.

I’ll take all of that plus more to live out in the country.  We live way out here to enjoy God’s creation.  I can take the kids outside at night and we can see the stars.

ETA: That was post 556.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:44:31 AM EDT
[#31]
We had scorpions when I lived in Oklahoma. Could always count on 2 or 3 running out when we opened the hangar door. Hated those little bastards.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:49:25 AM EDT
[#32]
MAP gas plumbing torch and a Black light make hunting fun

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:57:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By DMG-LDS:
MAP gas plumbing torch and a Black light make hunting fun

View Quote

I’d sump the plane’s tanks and pour it on them before lighting it. They positively hated that.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:01:46 AM EDT
[#34]
What part of Texas? I've lived in Denton County for 18 years and have only seen 1, and that was 17 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:53:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Spray this inside and out every 3 months and you'll never see another one again. I'm not kidding.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0093NBOBE?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:58:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Freaking stepped on one barefoot when I was 14.

Hurt like a MFer…
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:02:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Arizona really was a gas
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:17:14 AM EDT
[#38]
My chickens have kept them culled.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:26:33 AM EDT
[#39]
So far caught three mice, killed a scorpion in the tub, and almost stepped on a night snake.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:28:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:46:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Threefingers:
So far caught three mice, killed a scorpion in the tub, and almost stepped on a night snake.
View Quote
WTF is a night snake? We don't have any of that stuff here. We have rain, lots of rain. But we plan to move in the next couple of years.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:56:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By TimeIsMoney:
WTF is a night snake? We don't have any of that stuff here. We have rain, lots of rain. But we plan to move in the next couple of years.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TimeIsMoney:
Originally Posted By Threefingers:

Night snakes are harmless little dudes. They eat lizards. I also have tarantulas that get caught in the pool skimmer. I try not to kill them.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:00:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Rat_Patrol:
Fuck scorpions, rattle snakes, and giant spiders.

This is why I live where the air hurts my face. Those bastards can't survive it.
View Quote

Yup.

This is why I prefer to live in a northern state. When it’s bitter fucking cold outside I smile knowing all that shit is dying.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:00:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Rat_Patrol:
Fuck scorpions, rattle snakes, and giant spiders.

This is why I live where the air hurts my face. Those bastards can't survive it.
View Quote

Yup.

This is why I prefer to live in a northern state. When it’s bitter fucking cold outside I smile knowing all that shit is dying.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:21:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By ToledoXJ:

That’s the refinery
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ToledoXJ:
Originally Posted By engineer1371:

That’s the refinery

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:32:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By redseven11b:

Lived in east Texas. Some nights, early in my stay there, we'd find 15-20 in traps, running, or dead on the floor. Orkin guy said he'd never seen so many before

5 years in that miserable fucking house and I had to have killed 2000 on that property. No one was ever stung, thank God
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:44:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By motoguzzi:
Never seen one at my home, probably because it used to be cotton fields, lots of pesticides were used in the past I am sure.
Did have a quite a few Black Widows though, mud wasps took care of them.
View Quote

In all my years in AZ (40), I've probably seen less than 10, and that's with hiking around the Phoenix area, Flagstaff, Sedona, and the rim.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:33:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pale_pony] [#48]
Our cabin in tge woods at Tenkiller was that way. Get a cat

Get several cats

Cats can see scorpions as if they glow in the dark

The black light thing with scorpions comes built-in to a cat, and their fur is too deep for a scorpions stinger to penetrate to contact flesh
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:43:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Ohio_Bill:
View Quote

Yeah but it is Cleveland.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:46:41 AM EDT
[#50]
I've had years where I killed a couple every week inside the house.

I got one inside on a sticky trap last week and I've seen a bunch outside this year. Hopefully they'll stay outside.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top