BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/4/2024 1:23:29 PM EDT
Up-Close Look at Captured Abrams and Leopard in Moscow
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:32:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I can’t believe any American would willingly travel to Russia, especially with current world events.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:35:06 PM EDT
[#2]
didnt watch with sound, but is it one of the export versions?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:38:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:40:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Do they have an of their indigenous tanks with the turrets laying upside down next to them on display?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:41:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Square66:
I can’t believe any American would willingly travel to Russia, especially with current world events.
View Quote

Meh, I would go.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:41:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By freeride21a:
didnt watch with sound, but is it one of the export versions?
View Quote

I don’t think he explicitly mentions that, but I doubt we are exporting our best variants.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:47:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Interesting video.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:49:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
lol, so pathetic.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:50:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pallas] [#9]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That guy isn’t an American. Listen to him closely.

Originally Posted By Boomer:

Meh, I would go.

I wouldn’t… Discounting some drunken Russian deciding to fuck you up, I’d be worried about being thrown in jail on some trumped up bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:52:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Fake news, not one single NATO tank has been destroyed. This is just a Russian deep fake propaganda video.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:53:42 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Hah. Our own government is far more dangerous to us.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:56:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Pallas:

I wouldn’t… Discounting some drunken Russian deciding to fuck you up, I’d be worried about being thrown in jail on some trumped up bullshit.
View Quote

Who’s jailing who and holding kangaroo court?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:56:26 PM EDT
[#13]
LOL at the 12:26 guy saying:

“What do they (the Ukraine) have besides fertile lands?”

So why the f*** did you Russians start this show!?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:58:42 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

Meh, I would go.

Meh, Mexico is perfectly safe also...until it's not.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:00:16 PM EDT
[#15]
If you go on the offensive against a semi-competent opponent you are going to have loses.  This is where the "Sherman tanks are crap" myth comes from.  The Shermans in Europe were on the offense, against a very competent and experienced foe with pre-sighted lanes of fire, a fire support plan, and a counter-mobility plan.   Gonna take some lumps in such situations.  So of course Ukrainian tank loses go up when they go on offense.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Frens:

View Quote

The real threat of NATO expansion to their border and the fact that  this is Russia's last generation of a large quantity of fighting aged males with which to conduct a war.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:02:35 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

He asked a few old women about their thoughts and it was all about death to the crew, victory will be ours, etc. I’m curious what their thoughts are on the merits of the invasion in the first place. I’m not fan of either side of this corrupt bullshit war, but it takes a lot of head in the dirt to ignore Russia was the one who invaded.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:02:48 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

You can be throw in jail in this country for trumped up bullshit as well.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:03:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Jackslack:

The real threat of NATO expansion to their border and the fact that  this is Russia's last generation of a large quantity of fighting aged males with which to conduct a war.
View Quote

Correct - and the fact that the US Deep State has decided to take out Christian Russia rather than stand up to Communist China.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:06:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MikeJGA] [#20]
View Quote

Been there with no problems.  Just follow the local laws and you are GTG.  The average Russian in the streets is much like the average American.  Loves his country, tolerates his government.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:07:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By nvcdl:

Correct - and the fact that the US Deep State has decided to take out Christian Russia rather than stand up to Communist China.
View Quote

“Christian Russia”
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:09:24 PM EDT
[#22]
At least we didn't give them the current US armor package.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:16:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Karankawa:

View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:20:47 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

LOL...

Just curious, how do you reconcile that narrative with the fact that Russia has been attacking neighbors and annexing chunks of them for decades?

Russia's neighbors keep asking to join NATO because Russia keeps invading the ones that don't.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:46:17 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

No, it really isn't

We support missionaries in Russia. Putin is way to the left of Biden on just about everything, except LGBBQWTF.

Permits and taxes out the wazoo, a bureaucrat that needs bribing for every action you take. No court systems. Absolutely no speaking out against the government. Absolutely no firearms, and if you do somehow get one by bribing the right person, you'll never have any ammo.

Putin is very anti Christian, unless you are a member of the state church, which would be considered very theologically liberal in America.

No private property rights of any kind, essentially no legal system to speak of, unless you piss off the government. Then they go full retard on you, and you likely get disappeared, or die in an "accident"

Yeah, Putin is the leftist dictator that Joe wishes he could be.

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:51:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Between this and the reaper drone that was shot down, Biden's pretty much given the Russians everything.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Well...don't go to Washington DC either
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:07:16 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
Wrong again, Jack.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:08:08 PM EDT
[#29]

Who’s jailing who and holding kangaroo court?
View Quote

Yeah, I would feel much less in danger of legal entanglements on a tourist trip to Moscow than attending a conservative demonstration in Washington DC. Or any other leftist city in the US, for that matter.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:09:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
Wrong again, Jack.
View Quote
You're both right.

That's the problem with the real world, it doesn't fit neatly into ideological silos.   Takes two to tango.

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:31:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By FightingRooster:
Fake news, not one single NATO tank has been destroyed. This is just a Russian deep fake propaganda video.
View Quote

You may tell your handlers, that zero Americans are shocked by this.    We already knew, that no Tanks are invincible.  

While the Abrams is far superior to your shitty Russian tanks,
All tanks are susceptible to mines and top down attack.

We are at a point in history, where MBT’s are nearing obsolescence, unless and until, they can figure out a way to mount active drone and missile defense.  

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:35:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NavyDoc1] [#32]

View All Quotes

Meh, I would go.

Exactly.   You take a pic or video on your vacation and suddenly you are locked up as a spy.  In some cases I felt safer as a college student in Russia in the 1980’s than I felt in Russia after the fall of the Soviet Union.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:35:29 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

That’s just such a blindingly ignorant take on it.    Are you being sarcastic, or do you honestly think Putin is the Great Savior of Christianity?    Tell the truth.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:38:46 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:39:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UtahShotgunner] [#35]
What was it?
Five posts?
Six?

Before this thread is off the rails?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:44:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Uhh huhhh

Some rando mostly engrish speaking blogger was allowed to crawl all over the "Souvenir", while everyone else gawks from behind the barricades. Little old lady flipping off the Amercanski tank was a great ending. Lol

Not propaganda at all comrades

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:44:18 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

I was sarcastic but on a serious note that border thing is BS…

NATO will always be on the other side of their border… by this logic Russia should also invade Romania… then Hungary.. then Slovakia.. etc

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:50:54 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

If one of Putins objectives was to keep NATO off his borders he fucked that up. Finland joining NATO because of this invasion added something like 900 miles of shared border with NATO.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By PaladinM1911:
https://i.imgflip.com/79r3qq.jpg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:07:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Rick-OShay:
If you go on the offensive against a semi-competent opponent you are going to have loses.  This is where the "Sherman tanks are crap" myth comes from.  The Shermans in Europe were on the offense, against a very competent and experienced foe with pre-sighted lanes of fire, a fire support plan, and a counter-mobility plan.   Gonna take some lumps in such situations.  So of course Ukrainian tank loses go up when they go on offense.
View Quote
also if you take a single tank and drive it around in the open it greatly increases the chance you are going to lose a tank. They are not magically invincible.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:09:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Landsat8:

"Christian Russia"
View Quote
Only Putin can save the free world
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:23:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Karankawa] [#42]
Originally Posted By Sub_Arctic_Son:

No, it really isn't

We support missionaries in Russia. Putin is way to the left of Biden on just about everything, except LGBBQWTF.

Permits and taxes out the wazoo, a bureaucrat that needs bribing for every action you take. No court systems. Absolutely no speaking out against the government. Absolutely no firearms, and if you do somehow get one by bribing the right person, you'll never have any ammo.

Putin is very anti Christian, unless you are a member of the state church, which would be considered very theologically liberal in America.

No private property rights of any kind, essentially no legal system to speak of, unless you piss off the government. Then they go full retard on you, and you likely get disappeared, or die in an "accident"

Yeah, Putin is the leftist dictator that Joe wishes he could be.

View Quote

That’s just not true and any effort to research it easily disproves everything you posted. The strong anti lgbt movement was based on a court decision. (UN, gross, sorry) So yeah, they have courts. Firearms are allowed with similar restrictions to the US. Full auto and sub 20” barrel length restrictions. I wouldn’t want to try out their medical system but the same is true for ours. I’ve seen the way their citizens look at Putin. He’s held in much higher regard than most of our elected officials.

In this Reddit (sorry) post response estimated taxes at only 6-7%. Sounds too good to be true.

Reading about their Orthodox Church, it seems pretty well laid out with the decentralized power and localized chapters. Kinda wish we had the same here.

ETA  Concealed carry is allowed and the Russian government gives engraved pistols to people as a reward. Based.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:24:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#43]
I knew from day one that Abrams were going to get knocked out. IT'S WAR. And a bunch of idiots back home in the US would be butt hurt about it.

And Russians from decades of their tanks performing poorly against American crewed tanks would be using this as a great propaganda win. lol

If anything I'm more angry at ourselves for not giving these Tanks the Trophy system. Might not have stopped drones, but it'd give us great data on countering ATGM concentrated areas and such.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:37:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By governmentman:
LOL...

Just curious, how do you reconcile that narrative with the fact that Russia has been attacking neighbors and annexing chunks of them for decades centuries?

Russia's neighbors keep asking to join NATO because Russia keeps invading the ones that don't.
View Quote

Fixed.

Russia has exactly zero history of living in peace with its neighbors. The Cold War seems to have been an extreme aberration from the historical norm of invasion, plunder, genocide, conquest.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:41:43 PM EDT
[#45]
I was sarcastic but on a serious note that border thing is BS…

NATO will always be on the other side of their border… by this logic Russia should also invade Romania… then Hungary.. then Slovakia.. etc
View Quote

Not to mention that conquering Ukraine puts Russia... right on NATO's border. The new buffer states are Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, Poland, two of whom have Russia-friendly leaders now.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:46:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:
I knew from day one that Abrams were going to get knocked out. IT'S WAR. And a bunch of idiots back home in the US would be butt hurt about it.

And Russians from decades of their tanks performing poorly against American crewed tanks would be using this as a great propaganda win. lol

If anything I'm more angry at ourselves for not giving these Tanks the Trophy system. Might not have stopped drones, but it'd give us great data on countering ATGM concentrated areas and such.
View Quote

I wouldn’t want to gift the Russians that technology once it was captured.  

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:47:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Funny they are flexing about couple tank kills when we have decimated there armor head to head for years. RuSsIa StRoNg
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#48]
The M1A1 in question may be a pre-‘88 variant without DU and the latest composite armor package.  That hole in the turret was a KE penetration, not HEAT.  I doubt the Russians have anything that can penetrate the armor package in even an older M1A1.

It’s also possible that this tank was destroyed by the crew prior to being abandoned due to a mechanical failure, terrain, or lack of fuel resupply.

It did look like an actual M1A1.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:25:32 PM EDT
[#49]
"Real Reporter" is 100% Russian propaganda and about as far from being a "real reporter" as it gets.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:27:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By BB:
"Real Reporter" is 100% Russian propaganda and about as far from being a "real reporter" as it gets.
View Quote

I must admit he had some pretty amazing access compared to everyone else not only was he inside the fence he was able to jump on the tanks.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top