Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2024 4:55:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:09:20 PM EDT
[#1]

Interesting… I will reserve judgement until I get one in my hands….but it looks frumpy
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:10:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#2]
I hate to be negative but what exactly is special about this? It looks like a clone of the default module that most people hate. I guess I don’t see anything innovative or different really outside of a Magpul logo. I’d have liked to see something like with their MAID AR grips with removable back straps and front straps. I’m still waiting for a company to make a module that works like the HK P30 grip and lets us change the front and side panels to fit. I guess I just expected more innovation from a company like Magpul.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:42:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3ACR_Scout] [#3]
It looks to me like it’s a little straighter / flatter on the sides and less “bulbous” than the standard factory grip. Funny how it has the same outline for the manual safety cutout that almost every other grip module has. They mention they’ll be offering both versions.

I’m mostly wondering why there’s no OD Green! But I don’t feel any strong desire to try these. Mildly curious, maybe.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:17:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

Interesting… I will reserve judgement until I get one in my hands….but it looks frumpy
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

Not ditching my X Series.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:24:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow it looks like they increased the height of the bore axis vs a X-Carry grip.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:38:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I think it's an improved version of the standard frame, but short of the x-frames for me. The internal beveled magwell looks like a nice feature, and I appreciate the slab sides of the grip don't look as rounded as the standard frame.

I'll reserve complete judgement until I feel one in my hands. Maybe it feels awesome.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:34:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MK318:
I hate to be negative but what exactly is special about this? It looks like a clone of the default module that most people hate. I guess I don’t see anything innovative or different really outside of a Magpul logo. I’d have liked to see something like with their MAID AR grips with removable back straps and front straps. I’m still waiting for a company to make a module that works like the HK P30 grip and lets us change the front and side panels to fit. I guess I just expected more innovation from a company like Magpul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN5NqAry_PU
View Quote

@MK318

Maybe Magpul should hire you.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 12:05:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By sierra-def:

@MK318

View All Quotes

@MK318

Maybe some of us don’t want to just maintain the status quo, eat plain oatmeal for breakfast and never expect innovation. The entire point of the 320 is to custom tailor it for the end user. A module that is essentially the same as the default module with some different texturing and a Magpul logo isn’t exactly ground breaking. Sorry I didn’t wet myself with excitement.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 12:46:51 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Winner, winner chicken dinner!!!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 3:15:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Maybe some of us don’t want to just maintain the status quo, eat plain oatmeal for breakfast and never expect innovation. The entire point of the 320 is to custom tailor it for the end user. A module that is essentially the same as the default module with some different texturing and a Magpul logo isn’t exactly ground breaking. Sorry I didn’t wet myself with excitement.
View All Quotes

@MK318

I was being serious..

Send them an email with your MIAD grip module idea along with your post.

Still being serious.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 6:07:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I didn’t see anything about grip size. I wonder if they’ll offer it in small, medium, large. I feel like it needs to be stippled as well.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 6:38:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Does anyone make a Glock frame?
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:00:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Cooper1:
View Quote

1. This is the SIG forum.
2. Surely you're not serious...
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:17:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#15]

I was being serious..

Still being serious.
View All Quotes

@MK318

I was being serious..

Still being serious.

I apologize, I thought you were being a smart ass. They have plenty of smarter guys than me making stuff there. I doubt I could contribute much of anything. I do wonder why nobody has used a magwell to make the grip area fully modular. Allowing the user to replace front, back and side panels, all held in place with a low profile magwell that screws into an area on the backstrap to hold everything in place. On the HK P30 and VP9, the side plates and rear backstrap are held in place with a single roll pin. It is a very solid design that is simple. Having a magwell would allow you to also have a modular front strap as well. Not just to change the sizes of the panels and shapes but textures as well. G10, aggressive polymer, smooth aluminum. Maybe some 30 LPI on the front and back strap and G10 on the sides.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:24:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By lueds24:
II feel like it needs to be stippled as well.
View Quote

If it’s like the Magpul 1911 grip panels, definitely.  I find those way too slick.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:24:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cooper1] [#17]
Originally Posted By LeadBreakfast:

View All Quotes

Sorry.  My phone doesn't show the forum
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:11:04 AM EDT
[#18]

I apologize, I thought you were being a smart ass. They have plenty of smarter guys than me making stuff there. I doubt I could contribute much of anything. I do wonder why nobody has used a magwell to make the grip area fully modular. Allowing the user to replace front, back and side panels, all held in place with a low profile magwell that screws into an area on the backstrap to hold everything in place. On the HK P30 and VP9, the side plates and rear backstrap are held in place with a single roll pin. It is a very solid design that is simple. Having a magwell would allow you to also have a modular front strap as well. Not just to change the sizes of the panels and shapes but textures as well. G10, aggressive polymer, smooth aluminum. Maybe some 30 LPI on the front and back strap and G10 on the sides.
View All Quotes

@MK318

I was being serious..

Still being serious.

Smart guys over there that couldn't figure out what you suggested though. Just say'n.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 11:13:59 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 2:55:26 PM EDT
[#20]
The Magpul ergos are probably superior.  But they missed a huge opportunity to extend the grip texturing up to where it'd actually be useful and (a big thing for me) to fence around the underside of the slide stop lever.  

I love my 320s, but damn if that lever isn't in a really bad place for a someone with large hands and a stupid high grip.  I'm still using the stock gen 2 grip module with the fence because the X grips and aftermarkets without it don't reliably keep me from either locking the slide back during a string of fire or not locking back when the mag is dry.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 2:57:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 3:54:06 PM EDT
[#22]
I have come full circle and prefer the stock grip module after using the X grip, Wilson and AXG.  The X grip is my least favorite and I believe was brought out with the purpose of converting Glock guys to the platform.  I enjoy the Glock grip angle on a Glock as it works well with the lower bore axis.  If you want swappable grip panels, then it might be worth trying out the AXG because you can get flat panels, palmswell and even blanks ready to be customized.

I am going to try the new module out because, you know, why not.  The pictures on their website show better perspective of the recontouring of the grip ergonomics, so while it doesn’t look like anything special, it might feel great.  Someone else on another forum suggested that the rubber over moulding like on their K2 would be a great match and I agree.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#23]
I mean, it would match a Magpul hat if you're into that sort of thing.

Otherwise-meh.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 12:37:21 AM EDT
[#24]
You could save the cost of buying this grip by etching a Magpul logo on a factory Sig grip, because it looks like that’s exactly what they did.

I don’t think they could make something more underwhelming if they were trying.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 4:45:09 AM EDT
[#25]
I’m not sure which AR grip of theirs it is but a rifle I bought a year or two back came with a Magpul grip that felt like it had a rubber coating. I changed it out because I didn’t like the angle but the thing did stick to my hand very well. That kind of texturing would be nice on a module. It seemed like it would be great if your hands are sweaty or wet. If they could have integrated that texture into their module and ran that texture all the way up into the thumb pad area, it would be a big improvement. For some reason a lot of companies seem to like to leave that thumb pad area smooth and it makes the gun, even with a decent lower texture, feel slick. Mirzon offers a rubberized grip but theirs doesn’t extend up very far and they are out of their mind wanting $120 for it in its current state IMO. https://mirzon.com/products/mirzon-p320-grip-module

Magpul has room to make gains here, hopefully this product isn’t stuff like their 1911 grips where they make a mediocre product then never improve on it because the mediocre product didn’t make enough sales so they think there isn’t any interest in modules. There is a lot of interest in improved modules outside of the ones Sig offers and even if they are priced a little high, people still buy them. Look at the Brouwer 1811 module. It is really expensive for a polymer module but it offers a 1911 style grip, a magwell, and it looks great. The WC modules are excellent and aren’t that expensive. They offer exceptional texturing, ergot, and an integrated magwell, WC can’t make them fast enough. There is a market here. I’m not sure what is going on over at Magpul but all their new stuff seems to look kind of dopey. Like the new stocks they just announced. They look like they hired a designer from Little Tikes to start designing parts for them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 2:50:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11b4v] [#26]
I'm definitely going to try one, and have high hopes.  

As mentioned by others, I'm seeing a different back strap angle and less bulbous on the sides, similar to the grip on the B&T ASW P320 Chassis.  

I love the WC grips, but something angle wise with the back strap angle doesn't agree with me, same with the  Brower, plus being too round/bulbous.

My AXG grip frame is my favorite thus far.  

I think this new MagPul it will be nice option to have around.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 2:53:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11b4v] [#27]

View All Quotes

Glock frame you ask?  Yes, they do. P80 has you a Glock frame for your P320 FCU.  
Where have you been lately? Under a rock or something?

PF320PTEX

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 5:31:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#28]
Magpul's NEW Lever Action & SIG P320 Furniture

Some video that shows off the angles better. The angle looks improved but it still doesn’t look like much was done.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:16:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Believe it or not, I actually like the stock P320 grip module.  I don't mind that the Magpul grip takes a lot of ques from it (though I don't like how the little side cutouts aren't there for the older gen mags), however, at twice the price there has to be some noticeable benefit.  Either in egronomics (slight differences you could only notice by feel, even texture), durability (the stock grip feels pretty flimsy on its own), etc.  

At $60 MSRP, if the street price is closer to $40, it may be interesting.  Again, my biggest gripe with it is the lack of bottom grip side cut outs for older gen mags, it makes no sense for them to not do that so you can't use the old gen mags.  I still have a bunch of them, and they work fine.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:28:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By 11b4v:

Glock frame you ask?  Yes, they do. P80 has you a Glock frame for your P320 FCU.  
Where have you been lately? Under a rock or something?

PF320PTEX

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/778/Polymer80_Sig_Glock_Frame_jpg-3220787.JPG
View Quote

I have one.

I like it.
Top Top