Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2021 12:27:39 PM EDT
Was a couple miles up a creek, which was pretty far up a tidal river.
Usually catch blue, channel and white cats, plus bullheads, LMB, perch, snakeheads, etc
Dry years  catch puppy drum early fall.
But fresh enough I still catch crappie and sunfish there.

Thought I had a 35lb plus cat.
Nope.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 1:13:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 1:56:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 2:45:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By osprey21:
Clear nose skate?
View Quote

That's what my tentative ID is.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Lucky (or unlucky depending on your fishing preferences) it wasn't a Bull Shark.

Nat Geo says they found Bull Sharks alive and swimming waaay up freshwater rivers.

While bull sharks are commonly found along coastlines, bays, and harbors, they also frequent a most uncommon shark habitat—freshwater rivers.

The species has been spotted 2,500 miles (4,000 kilometers) up the Amazon River in South America and dwell in Lake Nicaragua, a freshwater lake in Central America. Bull sharks have traveled up the Mississippi River as far north as Illinois and are regularly spotted in India's Ganges.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/article/shark-attack-threats-bull-sharks-location
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:12:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dave15] [#5]
Originally Posted By _DR:
Lucky (or unlucky depending on your fishing preferences) it wasn't a Bull Shark.

Nat Geo says they found Bull Sharks alive and swimming waaay up freshwater rivers.

While bull sharks are commonly found along coastlines, bays, and harbors, they also frequent a most uncommon shark habitat—freshwater rivers.

The species has been spotted 2,500 miles (4,000 kilometers) up the Amazon River in South America and dwell in Lake Nicaragua, a freshwater lake in Central America. Bull sharks have traveled up the Mississippi River as far north as Illinois and are regularly spotted in India's Ganges.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/article/shark-attack-threats-bull-sharks-location
View Quote

We have at least one over 8' caught every year at our swimming hole, typically in pound nets.

This one was a few years back, but one was landed same spots few weeks ago.

Attachment Attached File

Hell, had a gator killed a few months back next county over, and one photographed a few times close by me in the last couple weeks.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:31:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Dave15:
Was a couple miles up a creek, which was pretty far up a tidal river.
Usually catch blue, channel and white cats, plus bullheads, LMB, perch, snakeheads, etc
Dry years  catch puppy drum early fall.
But fresh enough I still catch crappie and sunfish there.

Thought I had a 35lb plus cat.
Nope.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/71410/IMG_20210903_110417789_jpg-2079041.JPG
View Quote

Ok what the hell am I looking at?
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 8:56:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ark-and-spark:

View Quote

appears to be a skate
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 5:05:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By livefreeordieNH:

appears to be a skate
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By livefreeordieNH:
Originally Posted By ark-and-spark:

appears to be a skate

Most likely a clearnose skate.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top