Originally Posted By hockeysew:

That’s not Patrick
View Quote

And this ain't Hellebuyck either.

Goodbye Jets.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:21:56 AM EDT
[#2]
VGK not looking like a team that wants to win. Two losses at home being dominated is embarrassing. WTF boys?

Toronto is in real trouble without Matthews. I can't imagine they'll make it out of that series.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:41:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That’s not Patrick
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That’s not Patrick

Any time I can see Patty Roy bum out, even in meme form, it’s a good day.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:43:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By _Nataraja_:
VGK not looking like a team that wants to win. Two losses at home being dominated is embarrassing. WTF boys?

Toronto is in real trouble without Matthews. I can't imagine they'll make it out of that series.
View Quote

I agree it doesn't look good for toronto , but they did pull one out last night so as slim as it is I still have hope they can get past bahstin.

I don't like the leafs, I just hate them less.  and if they can do it without that retard matthews, that's even better.

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:57:54 PM EDT
[#5]
This is shaping up to be an epic Stars vs Golden Knights Game.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:10:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Stars will take that W thank you!
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:55:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:25:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Wolfpack:

Now finish them off please....no game 7.
View Quote

We hope so too.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:26:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Goodbye Kings.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:21:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Toronto called up some players for depth , and although seeing ice time is literally zero , its pretty cool to see my nephew is one of them
GO LEAFS
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:03:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By creeper45:
Toronto called up some players for depth , and although seeing ice time is literally zero , its pretty cool to see my nephew is one of them
GO LEAFS
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:16:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:54:11 AM EDT
[#14]
GO LEAFS
View Quote

that's pretty awesome
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:09:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By HamonRye:

I agree it doesn't look good for toronto , but they did pull one out last night so as slim as it is I still have hope they can get past bahstin.

I don't like the leafs, I just hate them less.  and if they can do it without that retard matthews, that's even better.

View Quote

Why no love for Matthews? I have to say, as one of the relatively few players for my generation who made it decently far in the hockey world from the SW US back when Gretz came along and put hockey on the map, he holds a special place in my heart to see how far the sport has come in that geographic region. We had to fight like hell just to get a look or a tryout, now the NHL's leading scorer is from AZ. (He was born in CA and grew up in Phoenix).
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:13:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By W202fan90:

There’s a seat on the ‘Canes bandwagon for you……
View Quote

Canes are gonna slap the Rags.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By H1Mech:

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:17:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By _Nataraja_:

Why no love for Matthews? I have to say, as one of the relatively few players for my generation who made it decently far in the hockey world from the SW US back when Gretz came along and put hockey on the map, he holds a special place in my heart to see how far the sport has come in that geographic region. We had to fight like hell just to get a look or a tryout, now the NHL's leading scorer is from AZ. (He was born in CA and grew up in Phoenix).
View Quote

I certainly respect his talent and tip my hat to that, especially coming from a place with no natural ice for backyard or pond hockey. But something about him just rubs me wrong.  The Toronto -Vancouver games this year and last year were pretty chippy by todays standards with multiple scrums and roughings and a few fights so that is likely part of it. Like old time Norris and Smythe hockey.

If he should ever find himself in a Canucks jersey my opinion may change.. but it didn't with Messier, so i can't guarantee it.

I do still hope they can stun Boston.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Matthews is obviously an amazing talent, I just can't stand him and his new wave hockey bois in Toronto. Their schtick is so tiresome. Their greediness isn't helping the team either.  You've gotta go with a hometown discount if you think your team is going to thrive and go anywhere when it counts.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:56:31 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

I too hope for this
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 4:46:12 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

Kuzy is going to have the series winning goal
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:10:59 PM EDT
[#22]
GO LEAFS
View Quote

Very cool for sure.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Leafs showing sone life , need to score on the PP
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:53:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Av's destroy the best defensive team, going to be hard to stop them.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:19:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Is the NHL pussifying? No open ice hits or big glass hits almost all playoffs so far... Fucking open ice drop a man every once in a while.. damn....
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:39:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:01:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Wolfpack:
Game 7 Bos vs Tor.

I hate that one Original 6 team has to go but I kinda want Toronto to win since everyone predicted they would tank in the first round.
View Quote

Should be a great game. But i'm going to miss it since i just got tickets to our local ECHL Team-  Adirondack Thunder game 2 of the 2nd round tomorrow night.  

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 2:50:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By dirtyboy:
Av's destroy the best defensive team, going to be hard to stop them.
View Quote

They are not the best defensive team. The Avs are beatable.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:59:09 PM EDT
[#30]
This canucks game is tough to watch.... they picked it up a little in the 2nd, but still don't look anything like the club that won 50 games and were one of the top scoring teams this year.  This whole series has been a struggle to get going.  
Nothing but praise for the 3rd string goalie though... this kid has stepped up bigly, at the end of the season and now.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#31]
This canucks game is tough to watch.... they picked it up a little in the 2nd, but still don't look anything like the club that won 50 games and were one of the top scoring teams this year.  This whole series has been a struggle to get going.  
Nothing but praise for the 3rd string goalie though... this kid has stepped up bigly, at the end of the season and now.
View Quote

Yeah super streaky. 4 min PP for Nash and then nothing, Van gets a boost from the kill and then doesn’t capitalize on it.

It’s a plodding game, not a lot of flow.

Side note, what’s really fun to watch is the ex-Red Wings who couldn’t cut it on the worst/one of the worst teams in the League now in the playoffs and doing well. Just this game: Jarnkrok, Hronek, Nyquist, Suter.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:49:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Goodbye Predators.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:52:20 PM EDT
[#33]
The catfish nonsense in Nashville is equally as retarded as the Storm Surge in Carolina.

Make it stop.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:27:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By macman37:

Yeah super streaky. 4 min PP for Nash and then nothing, Van gets a boost from the kill and then doesn’t capitalize on it.

Side note, what’s really fun to watch is the ex-Red Wings who couldn’t cut it on the worst/one of the worst teams in the League now in the playoffs and doing well. Just this game: Jarnkrok, Hronek, Nyquist, Suter.
View All Quotes

Yeah Hronek has been one of the best moves canucks have made in a while.. he and Hughes made the best offensive /defensive pair in the league I think . And Suter just justified his existence too.  

Now they get rewarded with the oilers.  

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:38:35 PM EDT
[#35]
This DAL/VGK game is wild. No scoring yet, but constant action.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:37:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Back to Dallas for game 7
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:30:20 AM EDT
[#37]
NOT OVER YET
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:33:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:54:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 8:13:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:

I really don't want either team to win. Can that be an option?
View All Quotes

Boston should lose G7 and then the leafs should get swept in the 2nd round so both curses can continue with a added Toronto twist of not winning a game in the 2nd round?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:09:49 AM EDT
[#41]
This DAL/VGK game is wild. No scoring yet, but constant action.
View Quote

Yeah I lost count of the number of odd man rushes and outright breakaways for both sides, but in both cases the goaltenders stood on their heads (or the players straight up missed the net…)
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:56:39 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

No, but the one that does win is likely to be eliminated for the 2nd year in a row by the Panthers.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 8:09:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Matthews will play but still not 100%.
Woll got injured and won't be playing... starting Samsonov.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 8:59:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Just stepping in to say the hell with the lafs... And I hate hate Boston... But god I hope the bruins make that insufferable fan base cry again.....
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:22:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Nothing like a game 7
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:36:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: macman37] [#46]

View All Quotes

Whoops. I thought I heard Jarnkrok’s name last night but it was this series - the sentiment stands, though.

I’m happy they’re doing well.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:44:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Game on
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:46:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Holy crap!

I love playoff hockey!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:51:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LordEC911] [#49]
Was that Boston goal after the same possession that started with the high dump in off the glass?
That might have been offsides and I'm guessing if it was close Toronto had no interest in challenging it due to special teams.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:04:14 PM EDT
[#50]
OVERTIME!!!!!
Page / 28
Top Top