BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:34:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By perfectsilence:
No, but apparently I need to get one.

What is considered to be appropriate footwear with such a suit? Would oxfords be gauche?
View Quote

Oxfords are appropriate. White or dirty bucks are as well.

Of course, we all know that seersucker is only traditionally worn between Memorial Day and Labor Day. One wouldn’t want to be seen as gauche. 😁 Although I have seen them before and after in the Low Country and other spots in the Deep South when it is hot. 🥵 Best jacket fabric when it’s hot.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:46:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By PlaneJane:
I’m amazed at the things the men here are proud of having or not having, or doing or not doing.
View Quote

One must be proud (or not) of something.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:48:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
I don't own a suit
View Quote
That's actually pretty funny. I mean, I don't either, but we're certainly not the same lol
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:50:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't own a suit
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:50:43 AM EDT
[#5]
True gentlemen wear a Palm Beach suit made of linen. Seersucker is popular because it doesn’t have to be ironed. In other words, it’s the polyester leisure suit of summer
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:51:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I have 1 suit, 2 dress shirts and 1 tie.

I haven't worn any of it in over 10 years.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:24:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: housewolf] [#7]
Seersucker sport coat. Primarily for summer weddings. I don't "dress up" often. I think a suit would be overkill
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:29:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TheRealBluedog:
True gentlemen wear a Palm Beach suit made of linen. Seersucker is popular because it doesn’t have to be ironed. In other words, it’s the polyester leisure suit of summer
View Quote

We got married in Lake Como last summer. In case someone reading this does not know, that’s quite close to Milan. I tried for nearly a year to get a Milanese tailor to work with me to produce a linen suit. I couldn’t find one to perform this service for me. I know nearly nothing about men’s fashion.  Apparently these new super lightweight wools are what’s up nowadays. I wound up in a very nice wool suit which was quite comfortable on a hot July 4th afternoon.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:41:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Have yet to find one that looks right, and I frankly din't understand it. I very much prefer good linen or a tropical wool weave.

Shirts. Definitely. But what's the point of puckering on a suit jacket with a liner?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:59:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Low_Country:
Or at least a sportcoat?

For only the classiest of gentlemen.

@WhiskersTheCat

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/430926/B55FBB99-8E14-40EF-AD85-A5005B48CCDA-1971783.jpg
View Quote

I declare, that flower is positively wilted.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:07:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I don’t own a suit of any kind. I was going through some boxes a couple of weeks ago and found the one I got married to my ex wife in. I promptly tossed that fucker in the dumpster.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:08:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Ruin:
Shave your chest, bro.

View Quote

Sorry about your testosterone levels.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:09:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm a linen guy, no seersucker.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:09:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Palm] [#14]
The only suit I have is my Banker/Lawyer suit I wear for formal court appearances, funerals and weddings.

The seersucker suit thing stops at the Texas border.  Boots, starched jeans, Ranger belt, cowboy hat, and a starched shirt are appropriate for most all occasions in my part of the country (BBQ gun for special functions out on a ranch). Folks thought George Strait set that fashion trend; but he wears what is typical attire for dress up occasions in the Texas Hill country.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:14:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GomerPyle] [#15]
Yes, I have a seersucker sports jacket. A must have down here. Everyone loves to throw an outdoor wedding in the summer.

ETA: Wear it with a white shirt and light khaki colored trousers. For shoes, slip on loafers or bucks in tan (but darker than the trousers) and a matching belt.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:14:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Eagle46:

Of course, we all know that seersucker is only traditionally worn between Memorial Day and Labor Day. One wouldn’t want to be seen as gauche. 😁 Although I have seen them before and after in the Low Country and other spots in the Deep South when it is hot. 🥵 Best jacket fabric when it’s hot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By perfectsilence:
No, but apparently I need to get one.

What is considered to be appropriate footwear with such a suit? Would oxfords be gauche?

The idea that dates on a calendar, not weather conditions, dictate appropriate dress is... retarded.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By CouncilOfDave:
That's actually pretty funny. I mean, I don't either, but we're certainly not the same lol
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CouncilOfDave:
I don't own a suit

You're talking to the man who has a story about being mistaken for a homeless guy.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:34:45 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

South of Mason Dixon the rule is Easter to Labor day. Applies to white shoes and seersucker and probably other stuff.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:36:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By texashark:
Yes, bought it at Cox’s dept store.
Didn’t buy the other type at Sears.
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:02:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Well, I don't yet own a seersucker suit.  I do own a white linen 3-piece suit I bought from Brooks Brothers probably 6 years ago.

But, this thread convinced me to buy a seersucker suit jacket/pants from Brooks Brothers, and then I had to buy a pair of Carmina double monk straps shoes.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:13:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Of course. As I assume all the southern gentleman in this thread do. The pretty lady I’m with loves to go out when wear it and it pays off. Worth it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:29:17 AM EDT
[#22]
None of my suits suck anything
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:46:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Or at least a sportcoat?

For only the classiest of gentlemen.

@WhiskersTheCat

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/430926/B55FBB99-8E14-40EF-AD85-A5005B48CCDA-1Truly shocked and the lack of gold chains.  
971783.jpg
View Quote
Truly shocked and the lack of gold chains.  

We cant see if there is a pinky ring....

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:31:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Suit? No. Shorts? Yes.

They are awesome in the summer heat.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:30:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By johnspark:
Excellent random response to put the quoted on edge...

let's see how this turns out.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/272379/Screenshot_2024-05-03_214801_png-3204834.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By johnspark:
Originally Posted By raygixxer89:

This! You look like a monkey in a jacket.
I don;t have a jacket, but I do have a pair of badass seersucker shorts.

Don't gamble on a questionable fart.

Been there done that.
Excellent random response to put the quoted on edge...

let's see how this turns out.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/272379/Screenshot_2024-05-03_214801_png-3204834.JPG

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:17:32 AM EDT
[#26]
No, all my suits are Italian wool.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:41:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By astrocreep96:
Well, I don't yet own a seersucker suit.  I do own a white linen 3-piece suit I bought from Brooks Brothers probably 6 years ago.

But, this thread convinced me to buy a seersucker suit jacket/pants from Brooks Brothers, and then I had to buy a pair of Carmina double monk straps shoes.
View Quote

That's like buying a used Yugo and putting top of the line Michelin tires on it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:02:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By BigFatDog:

I own one black suit that isn’t a Tuxedo. I wear it when asked to be a Paul bearer.

Autocorrect hates me.
View Quote

Sorry to hear about Paul.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:40:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Yes.

I have a seersucker suit (light blue stripe) and two seersucker sport coats (one red stripe, one green stripe).
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:43:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By treelow:
Yes.

I have a seersucker suit (light blue stripe) and two seersucker sport coats (one red stripe, one green stripe).
View Quote

A man of taste and distinction.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:49:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:

That's like buying a used Yugo and putting top of the line Michelin tires on it.
View All Quotes

Haha, yeah probably.  I shouldn't shop on my phone after a couple of drinks.

Whi makes a good seer sucker suit?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:55:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Timely subject, who makes a solid seersucker suit ? I need one
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:58:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:

I can pair ropers and cowboy cuts with a seersucker jacket and a bowtie and still be at +1000 rizz in either of those places. Must be a skill issue.
View Quote

Hahahahah ropers.  You’d get laughed out of the state
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:59:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cincinnatus] [#34]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:08:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bohr_Adam] [#35]

View All Quotes

I'm hardly the expert, just not a fan of what Brooks Brothers has become any more than I am a seersucker suit. Huge fan of Carmina shoes, however.

Were I looking, I'd take a look at Proper Cloth. Their seersucker shirts are great.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#36]

I'm hardly the expert, just not a fan of what Brooks Brothers has become any more than I am a seersucker suit. Huge fan of Carmina shoes, however.

Were I looking, I'd take a look at Proper Cloth. Their seersucker shirts are great.
View Quote

What Brooks Brothers do?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#37]
The Under Assistant West Coast Promo Man
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:04:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: baitdragger] [#38]
I have pink seersucker shorts with green whales on them in my closet….it may have gotten me some ass at a wedding, with a former WAG of the Washington Nats….because she liked my shorts

A few years earlier I was able to pull some trim from a div 1 cheerleader at her sorority party based on what she said was because I had a coral colored brooks brothers shirt on.

I have had both of them and others say they find dudes who wear pastel colors a turn on

I just enjoyed wearing the fabric as it is nice in the southern humidity.  And it certainly is a good fuck you to Anyone who gives as shit about attire, or what they think someone else should wear
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#39]

What Brooks Brothers do?
View All Quotes

What Brooks Brothers do?

I have limits to my tolerance for shit service, inconsistent fit, and increasingly poor quality.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:40:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: astrocreep96] [#40]

I have limits to my tolerance for shit service, inconsistent fit, and increasingly poor quality.
View All Quotes

What Brooks Brothers do?

They also declared bankruptcy like 3 or 4 years ago, and their quality has probably suffered further.

I haven't ever been burned by them, but they aren't the quality they once were.

I have a proper cloth shirt hanging in my closet, but I wanted to have a few adjustments made to it and haven't gotten around to it.  Maybe I will have to give their sport coats a look as well.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#41]
I don't own a suit
View Quote

I don't own a suit that fits me.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:49:57 PM EDT
[#42]
No but I keep considering having one made because ai always wanted one. I have a linen suit I tend to wear in warmer weather or for things like Kentucky Derby day at the racetrack, but is still nice enough to wear to the office. I'm just not sure how often I would wear a seersucker, especially in todays super casual world where I mostly wear suits to work, when I'm not wearing scrubs, but rarely wear them otherwise.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:53:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cincinnatus] [#43]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:53:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By carnagey:

Spectator shoes
View Quote

This 100% is the answer
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#45]
There was once an Aggie that instructed his wife to go to the Cox’s store and buy him a Seersucker suit.

She got confused and went to Sears.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:07:27 PM EDT
[#46]
I sure do.

Got it for a wedding I was in. Haven’t worn it since though.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:20:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Pretty classy hotel room there, sport.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:20:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Haspel was the traditional purveyor of seersucker. Brooks Brothers is a Johnny-come-lately.

You can still buy from their website..https://www.haspel.com/
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:45:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Willmar:
Haspel was the traditional purveyor of seersucker. Brooks Brothers is a Johnny-come-lately.

https://i.postimg.cc/05cTY0wK/IMG-3393.jpg

You can still buy from their website..https://www.haspel.com/
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Just ordered a tux from them.
Page / 4
Top Top