BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:24:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nick_Adams:
This isn’t hard.

If there’s anything resembling a live “bear,” then something in 10mm is indicated.  

Shoot to slide-lock, reload, and repeat.
View Quote

I think BES might not be amused.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:26:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Naamah:

If the bear threatens me, I can just shoot it. I don’t have to worry about its family seeking out mine for revenge, or burning my house down, or a riot in my city, or a long, drawn out trial a la Kyle Rittenhouse.

The bear is a safer choice.
View Quote

All sarcasm aside...

You're also not the typical woman.    You're reasonable, surround yourself with the thoughts of men accepting the good and the bad - even when you disagree.   You're also vested in taking care of yourself (being armed in the woods) and have some sense of personal accountability.

In other words, you're really not like most of the modern social media-fixated "women" that respond to this meme.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:27:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By xd341:
You should stop posting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Most bears will run when confronted. They really aren't interested in fighting you and for the most part aren't interested in eating you.

If a bear does decide to attack me, I can just shoot it. At most, I'm looking at a $10k fine for hunting out of season.

Some random dude may be friendly, or he may not be. I don't know enough at first encounter to know which. But if I shoot him, there's a shit ton of paperwork and legal nonsense.
You should stop posting.

Humans are by far the most dangerous predators.

The logical choice is the bear.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:29:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Moleonlobby] [#4]
Originally Posted By RRA_223:

All sarcasm aside...

You're also not the typical woman.    You're reasonable, surround yourself with the thoughts of men accepting the good and the bad - even when you disagree.   You're also vested in taking care of yourself (being armed in the woods) and have some sense of personal accountability.

In other words, you're really not like most of the modern social media-fixated "women" that respond to this meme.
View Quote

This is true. In order for her to understand the woman's perspective she's going to have to stop being the woman she is and think like a typical woman.

I see her point of view and understand it. Logically it's wrong , but most assuredly wrong coming from a typical woman who at best would have a can of pepper spray in their bag
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:29:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By CastleBravo91:

I gotta hand it to whoever is propagating this stuff, they're fucking awesome at destabilization. Mission complete.
View Quote
That was my second thought.  What a way to crash a population.  It's pretty effective.  I've been married for 19 years and raised a daughter and this bullshit is enough to make me question my life choices.

Then I realizes that this is probably enemy action and I got a different kind of angry.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:29:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, like I said, I think I was more disappointed than angry.
View All Quotes

How the fuck can a guy have any sort of relationship with a female if she's afraid of you because you're a guy? As a single dude that's a depressing thought. Makes me think "why bother?"
Yeah, like I said, I think I was more disappointed than angry.

Then they'll call you "fragile" for being disappointed, despite the fact they intentionally made you so. Like I'm supposed to just take a bunch of judgment and insults and be cool about it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:31:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Reminds me of this... "I might."

Family Guy - Rape 'I Might'
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:32:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Like I'm supposed to just take a bunch of judgment and insults and be cool about it.
View Quote

That does seem to be the most common desired response to a whole lot of things regarding gender, race, ideology, religion, and on and on.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:33:31 PM EDT
[#9]

I chose the bear. It's the safer choice.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CouncilOfDave:
If they choose the bear, I hope their wish comes true.

I chose the bear. It's the safer choice.
As you wish.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:33:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey now...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gearjammer351:

I'm glad someone got it. That's why I like you. You're even better now that you're not a New Yorker anymore.
Hey now...

I'm sure you're ok. Just don't tell me how y'all do it up north, and just get on with it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:36:47 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
No..they fucking aren't.

If you leave your cat ranch with any regularity you are surrounded by men you don't know constantly.  How many bears have you confronted?  Statistically men are much safer.  This is like airline travel.  The common conception is that you are safer driving, or biking or walking but the reality is airline travel is the safest per mile form of transportation in history.

I genuinely hope your bias isn't the result of a personal experience, there is no worse crime in my opinion, but the reality is if your were surrounded my as many wild bears as strange men in daily life you'd be bear shit by now.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Moleonlobby:

This is true. In order for her to understand the woman's perspective she's going to have to stop being the woman she is and think like a typical woman.

I see her point of view and understand it. Logically it's wrong , but most assuredly wrong coming from a typical woman who at best would have a can of pepper spray in their bag
View All Quotes

All sarcasm aside...

What’s funny is, my husband says the same as I do. He’s vastly prefer to stumble across a bear in the woods than run up on some random man.

And he spends a ton of time in the woods.

It’s a straight logical, informed threat assessment.

The reaction a lot of men are having to it is wildly emotional.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:38:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HecklerKac] [#13]

All sarcasm aside...

View All Quotes

If the bear threatens me, I can just shoot it. I don’t have to worry about its family seeking out mine for revenge, or burning my house down, or a riot in my city, or a long, drawn out trial a la Kyle Rittenhouse.

The bear is a safer choice.

All sarcasm aside...

She's the opposite of reasonable and disagrees most of the time. Constantly argues in bad faith.

If one regularly disagrees with conservatives in a conservative space  90% of the time what does that make them?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:39:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By JackRebney:
Retarded feminist/leftist shit, near as I can gather. Something about women would rather be alone in the woods with a bear than a man, I think is what I've gathered without really looking into it.
View Quote

Yep. Retardation.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:39:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xd341] [#15]

I'm sure you're ok. Just don't tell me how y'all do it up north, and just get on with it.
View Quote
I'll take that criticism because it's real and I've seen it.  I fucking hate how we do things so if I move I'm going to celebrate how you do things.

BTW...you're from fucking michigan...what's this "up north" horseshit?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#16]
No..they fucking aren't.

If you leave your cat ranch with any regularity you are surrounded by men you don't know constantly.  How many bears have you confronted?  Statistically men are much safer.  This is like airline travel.  The common conception is that you are safer driving, or biking or walking but the reality is airline travel is the safest per mile form of transportation in history.

I genuinely hope your bias isn't the result of a personal experience, there is no worse crime in my opinion, but the reality is if your were surrounded my as many wild bears as strange men in daily life you'd be bear shit by now.
View Quote

My bias absolutely is the result of personal experience, both with bears and with men. I’ve never had to draw down on a bear. The same can’t be said for men.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:40:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, it had to be a bear. Something extremely exaggerated. They definitely couldn’t ask, would you rather spend the rest of your life with a man or a bunch of cats, because that would hit way too close to home for a whole lot of women,  and they don’t have much say in that choice.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:42:14 PM EDT
[#18]

My bias absolutely is the result of personal experience, both with bears and with men. I’ve never had to draw down on a bear. The same can’t be said for men.
View Quote

I've never drawn down on a bear but my ftf with them (that I'm aware of) could be counted on one hand.

I've literally been in the room, across the street, in the same building, with psychopaths, killers, and just general bad people. I have drawn on people. I'd still take randomly selected dude over bear.

The math just doesn't support choosing the bear.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:43:29 PM EDT
[#19]

I've never drawn down on a bear but my ftf with them (that I'm aware of) could be counted on one hand.

I've literally been in the room, across the street, in the same building, with psychopaths, killers, and just general bad people. I have drawn on people. I'd still take randomly selected dude over bear.

View All Quotes

My bias absolutely is the result of personal experience, both with bears and with men. I've never had to draw down on a bear. The same can't be said for men.

That's because it's anecdotal, not statistical.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

We regularly have to run bears off our deer feeders. When confronted, they run away.

And like I said, the paperwork and legal nonsense associated with shooting them is a lot less.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:45:24 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

Most bears will run when confronted. They really aren't interested in fighting you and for the most part aren't interested in eating you.

If a bear does decide to attack me, I can just shoot it. At most, I'm looking at a $10k fine for hunting out of season.

Some random dude may be friendly, or he may not be. I don't know enough at first encounter to know which. But if I shoot him, there's a shit ton of paperwork and legal nonsense.
You should stop posting.

I agree. I am a dude and would rather encounter a bear in the woods than anything that constantly walks on 2 legs. Even if people aren't a threat they're more likely to be annoying or whatever than a bear. I haven't encountered a bear with a bluetooth speaker blaring yet.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:45:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: XDONX3] [#22]

View Quote

If you encountered 100 men while traveling through the woods alone, what’s your estimate on how many would attack you? Also 100 bears, what’s your estimates on both?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:46:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Timothy Treadwell literally chose bears over people.

But as a counterpoint no man can handle this kind of hysteria:

Bear Attacks Girl’s Kayak (Full Video)

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:48:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xd341] [#24]
Originally Posted By ch1966:
Timothy Treadwell literally chose bears over people.

But as a counterpoint no man can handle this kind of hysteria:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3qhEIZBlX8
View Quote
Both Timmy and his girlfriend are bear poo now, being stupid is often fatal. Still was hard to listen to them die.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:49:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By XDONX3:

If you encountered 100 men while traveling through the woods alone, what’s your estimate on how many would attack you? Also 100 bears, what’s your estimates on both?
View All Quotes

Based on personal experience, n the woods I frequent, 3 out of 4 of the men wandering those woods have been criminals running from the police. We’re batting a 75% average.

Contrariwise, not one of the bears we’ve encountered posed any threat whatsoever. They all ran away most rickytick.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:49:33 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

I think the difficulty is with some women understanding that the woods are different than the park downtown and there's actual dangerous animals in the woods.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:51:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Based on personal experience, n the woods I frequent, 3 out of 4 of the men wandering those woods have been criminals running from the police. We're batting a 75% average.

Contrariwise, not one of the bears we've encountered posed any threat whatsoever. They all ran away most rickytick.
View Quote
Fucking move!  75% of men you've encountered were criminals?

That's not normal.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

I think the difficulty is with some women understanding that the woods are different than the park downtown and there's actual dangerous animals in the woods.
View All Quotes

I’ll also take the woods over the park downtown.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:53:37 PM EDT
[#29]
I'll take that criticism because it's real and I've seen it.  I fucking hate how we do things so if I move I'm going to celebrate how you do things.

View All Quotes

I live in Michigan now, because I moved here for my wife, and I've only lived here a short while. I'm from Texas, and that's where I lived for most of my life.

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:54:16 PM EDT
[#30]

I live in Michigan now, because I moved here for my wife, and I've only lived here a short while. I'm from Texas, and that's where I lived for most of my life.

View Quote
Ahh...ok. you get a pass.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:55:46 PM EDT
[#31]

That's not normal.
View All Quotes

Based on personal experience, n the woods I frequent, 3 out of 4 of the men wandering those woods have been criminals running from the police. We're batting a 75% average.

Contrariwise, not one of the bears we've encountered posed any threat whatsoever. They all ran away most rickytick.

That's not normal.

Not 75% of the total men I’ve encountered, but 75% of the men in the woods, yep. One in a car wreck and ran from the cops through our woods, one escaped convict from a prison work detail nearby, and one that got pulled over and ran. He was considered armed and dangerous and was in the area for 4 days before they caught him.

The men are by far more dangerous than the bears.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:55:50 PM EDT
[#32]

The bear will most likely run away. And if it doesn't I can shoot it. The same can't be said for the man, and if I shoot him, there's a lot of paperwork and legal nonsense at a minimum.
View All Quotes

Can you tell me why the bear is the worse choice?

A randomly selected man will, with high probability, say "Hi, how's it going?"

The bear will most likely try to eat you, or at least maul you.

This was hard?

The bear will most likely run away. And if it doesn't I can shoot it. The same can't be said for the man, and if I shoot him, there's a lot of paperwork and legal nonsense at a minimum.
So you would shoot a random man in the woods even if they don't present themselves as a threat?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:57:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Naamah] [#33]
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:
So you would shoot a random man in the woods even if they don't present themselves as a threat?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:

Can you tell me why the bear is the worse choice?

A randomly selected man will, with high probability, say "Hi, how's it going?"

The bear will most likely try to eat you, or at least maul you.

This was hard?

No, but I wouldn’t shoot a random bear either unless it was a threat.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:58:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Idk....

One of my favorite YouTubers, natalielawyerchick, brought it up as the ice breaker for one of her streams...

I vote man cuz if he attacks me, I can defend myself and eliminate the threat over dealing with a fucking bear.

Betcha the dumb broads that voted for bear never saw this:

The Revenant Bear Attack Scene - Leonardo DiCaprio
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#35]

Not 75% of the total men I’ve encountered, but 75% of the men in the woods, yep. One in a car wreck and ran from the cops through our woods, one escaped convict from a prison work detail nearby, and one that got pulled over and ran. He was considered armed and dangerous and was in the area for 4 days before they caught him.

View Quote

There's probably been more than 4 men in those woods.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#36]

Not 75% of the total men I've encountered, but 75% of the men in the woods, yep. One in a car wreck and ran from the cops through our woods, one escaped convict from a prison work detail nearby, and one that got pulled over and ran. He was considered armed and dangerous and was in the area for 4 days before they caught him.

View Quote
Yet you're married?  First guy you dated?

How'd you pull that off and not get murdered?  You won the lottery!

Is this a bit you're doing? Or do you genuinely believe wild bears are per capita safer than men?

I think we should all know so we can treat you appropriately.

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:01:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By StraightShootinGal:
Idk....

One of my favorite YouTubers, natalielawyerchick, brought it up as the ice breaker for one of her streams...

I vote man cuz if he attacks me, I can defend myself and eliminate the threat over dealing with a fucking bear.

Betcha the dumb broads that voted for bear never saw this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgdsZJTf9dw
View Quote

I honestly think its fashionable and trendy to hate men currently and most women are just falling into line with herd mentality. They always all post the same shit at the same time on social media.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#38]

Is this a bit you're doing? Or do you genuinely believe wild bears are per capita safer than men?

View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/research-warns-IQ-is-falling-for-first-time-EVER-/5-2723104/
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:02:06 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote
It sounds like that area is a geographical oddity.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:02:46 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

It is Georgia.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:03:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Maybe these ladies need to rewatch the film about the grizzly man.
Grizzly Man (2005) Official Trailer - Werner Herzog Documentary HD
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:06:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C3H5N3O9] [#42]
Originally Posted By Torqued:
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/man-or-bear-in-the-woods-question

Man or Bear in the Woods Question or Would You Rather Be Stuck in the Woods With a Man or a Bear? refers to a hypothetical question offering a choice between being stuck in the woods with a random man or a bear. Stemming from a viral TikTok by user @callmebkbk, the question was further promoted by a street interview video by @screenshothq in April 2024. With an apparent majority of women responding that they would choose a bear in the hypothetical situation, the question spawned viral reactions and debates on social media, with users arguing over the validity of both options and about gender relations.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/103248/IMG_2047-3205359.jpg

View Quote

I don’t for one second think any of that “viral” shit is actually viral.  Companies doing network analytics have found way too many instances of astroturf hype generated by bots and AI futzing with the algorithms.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:06:50 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

None that we’ve seen.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:07:36 PM EDT
[#44]

It is Georgia.
View All Quotes

It is Georgia.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:07:43 PM EDT
[#45]
It's real simple.

Question:  which would you rather encounter while alone in the woods...a man or a bear?

Women:  I choose bear. Statistically men are more likely to rape me....blah blah blah.

Men:  See...now you understand why we don't want biological males using girls' bathrooms.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:08:52 PM EDT
[#46]

None that we’ve seen.
View Quote

Schroedinger's Male Forest Population
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:08:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spidey07] [#47]

What’s funny is, my husband says the same as I do. He’s vastly prefer to stumble across a bear in the woods than run up on some random man.

View All Quotes

All sarcasm aside...

I get that. We’re on a gun board. We all should know by now how to deal and dispatch a bear if need be.

But I propose your position as a highly armed female is not the norm.   Very far from it. Doesn’t make you wrong in you abilities or assessment.

I’ve always respected your wisdom. But put your mind into an unarmed women. You can handle it. Vast majority of women and men will get eaten.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:09:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Naamah] [#48]

View All Quotes

Not 75% of the total men I've encountered, but 75% of the men in the woods, yep. One in a car wreck and ran from the cops through our woods, one escaped convict from a prison work detail nearby, and one that got pulled over and ran. He was considered armed and dangerous and was in the area for 4 days before they caught him.

I am married, and not even to the first guy I dated. I got that way by being smart and making wise decisions.

And yes, bears are far less likely to pose a threat than men, plus that whole paperwork and legal issue.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:11:49 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

None that we’ve seen.

Private property with cameras.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By doc_Zox:

Wait,https://www.gaytravel4u.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Bearracuda-Party-at-Gay-Pride-San-Francisco-1.jpg

i thought a "Bear" was a bearded leather wearing gay guy from San Francisco

View Quote

That’s probably the only type of bear these hens interact with.
Page / 15
Top Top