Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:29:32 PM EDT
[#1]
My faith and trust in law enforcement died long ago.  Cameras or it never happened and end qualified immunity.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:31:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Cobra-Commander:
Shitbag cops aside, how much does that dude pay you to shill his videos on here OP?
View Quote

Probably far less than you pay the local .gov to pay for the lawsuits.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 86Tiger:

I been looking lot of es vids last couple days.  Sickening what some of these guys pull.  

Protect & serve my ass.
View Quote
Some of those are edited to give exactly that impression...

Most of the rest don't need editing to be deeply troubling...
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:48:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:49:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By klinc:
City Ordinance since 1981.

(Code 1981, § 22-30)

State Law reference— Unattended motor vehicle, RSMo 304.150; disposition of vehicles left unattended on highways, RSMo 304.155.

  304.150.  (Repealed L. 1996 H.B. 1047 § C)
­­--------

---- end of effective  28 Aug 1996 ----

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By klinc:
City Ordinance since 1981.

(Code 1981, § 22-30)

State Law reference— Unattended motor vehicle, RSMo 304.150; disposition of vehicles left unattended on highways, RSMo 304.155.

  304.150.  (Repealed L. 1996 H.B. 1047 § C)
­­--------

---- end of effective  28 Aug 1996 ----

And if it were still in effect, the part about "on highways" might be important if you read the entire code section.

Originally Posted By criley:
From a very, very brief search I have found no restrictions on idling on private property with permission from the owner of the property.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By nomondaydreams:

If you read any of my comments above, I 100% agree. However, this lawyer in the video is also factually incorrect in his statements of the officers did not have a reason to be there. Lawyers can be idiots too
View Quote

If the unattended idling vehicle is an infraction, I'd think they can be on the property long enough to write the plate and VIN on the ticket and stuff the ticket under the wiper.

But @LawyerUp is correct in any jurisdiction that cuffing/detaining or arresting somebody in the curtilage is going to require a warrant or exigency.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:11:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Packin:

Spfd is about an hr away from me.  Anyways found this from 2017:

Leaving unattended car running could bring fine in Springfield
By edited news release from Springfield Police Department
Published: Feb. 28, 2017 at 10:08 AM CST

Due to the number of cars being stolen while unattended and running, the Springfield Police Department will start enforcing municipal ordinance 106-33.

“No person driving or in charge of a motor vehicle shall permit it to stand unattended without first stopping the engine, locking the ignition and removing the key," the ordinance says.

Enforcement of this ordinance involves a municipal ticket with up to a $1,000 fine.

In 40 percent of the reported vehicle thefts in the city in 2016, car keys were left in the vehicle, or the car was left running and unattended.

"We want to encourage all citizens to be mindful of the security of their automobiles. Please lock your cars, roll up your windows and do not leave valuable items in view, and especially, please do not leave vehicles running and unattended," said Springfield Police Lt. Grant Dorrell in a news release.

News Article
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Packin:
Missouri and many other states have no idling laws. Therefore the officers do have probable cause that a traffic or criminal violation occurred ( depending on how the state codes it)

So were the officers legally there? Yes.

However the level of detainment and force used are completely unacceptable.

For example she self-identified as the owner/operator of the vehicle. She is the only ”suspect”.  The man is no longer a suspect and cannot be detained. Further, officers cannot force him to leave.

He is unlawfully detained and unlawful force used upon him. ($$)

She could be detained at a level equivalent to a traffic stop. (Again depending on state traffic vs criminal penalty for idling a vehicle)

Either way the legal and best practice way to handle this would have been to run the plate, confirm the owners picture with the lady and either leave a ticket on the car or issue a traffic warrant. There was zero reason the physically engage with either the female or the male.

The only thing I can think of as to why they wanted to detain the male was the argument could be construed as an active DV incident. The officers are clearly focused on that line of investigation when they ask her what is going on and explained to her that they heard arguing. However, that line of inquiry ends when she claims that there’s no issues and closes the door behind her. This leaves, no other avenues of investigation for the officers, and ultimately they must return to the original purpose of contact, the idling vehicle.
There’s also a possibility that they had information regarding a party at the location however it however, that information is not readily available at this time

Ultimately somebody is going to get paid

Spfd is about an hr away from me.  Anyways found this from 2017:

Leaving unattended car running could bring fine in Springfield
By edited news release from Springfield Police Department
Published: Feb. 28, 2017 at 10:08 AM CST

Due to the number of cars being stolen while unattended and running, the Springfield Police Department will start enforcing municipal ordinance 106-33.

“No person driving or in charge of a motor vehicle shall permit it to stand unattended without first stopping the engine, locking the ignition and removing the key," the ordinance says.

Enforcement of this ordinance involves a municipal ticket with up to a $1,000 fine.

In 40 percent of the reported vehicle thefts in the city in 2016, car keys were left in the vehicle, or the car was left running and unattended.

"We want to encourage all citizens to be mindful of the security of their automobiles. Please lock your cars, roll up your windows and do not leave valuable items in view, and especially, please do not leave vehicles running and unattended," said Springfield Police Lt. Grant Dorrell in a news release.

News Article

That doesn't apply to remote start.  How do you know by looking that a car on private property has remote start or not?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:11:44 PM EDT
[#8]
It's pretty bad when ghetto trash makes you look stupid. Trash they may be but they have rights just like anyone.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:16:45 PM EDT
[#9]
watched this one last night and another whole LOTTA WTF from the cops.

cant wait to hear the residents back this one up!
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:22:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Another user above already posted it.
View Quote

Wrong.  They posted an article about the ordinance, which did not include the entirety of the ordinance.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:24:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By swolliepop:
watched this one last night and another whole LOTTA WTF from the cops.

cant wait to hear the residents back this one up!
View Quote

Too late. The car was idling, the cops had to get it on.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:48:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By clutchsmoke:
It's pretty bad when ghetto trash makes you look stupid. Trash they may be but they have rights just like anyone.
View Quote

That makes it even better.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By silver_back110:

I dunno, maybe. I’m not familiar with that state’s statutes, so I’ll hold on to my judgment. What I do know is that the homeowner was spun up from the start. Due to his performance he further invited the Man into his life.
View Quote

Just so I'm aware, what part of saying GTFO my property violates the first amendment?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:00:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By SuperHeavy:

Probably far less than you pay the local .gov to pay for the lawsuits.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:00:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By intheburbs:

So, not wanting to talk to cops and telling them to fuck off makes someone a retard?  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By intheburbs:
Originally Posted By The_Like_Button:
Power tripping cops and retards always make for interesting interactions and lawsuits.

So, not wanting to talk to cops and telling them to fuck off makes someone a retard?  

No. Questioning it makes someone a retard.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:02:29 PM EDT
[#17]
The call was probably to investigate a domestic incident. The door was open, potential yelling, and the dude was keyed up from the start. Nobody will know until the CAD history is released.
View Quote

Found the cop.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:03:05 PM EDT
[#18]

I dunno, maybe. I’m not familiar with that state’s statutes, so I’ll hold on to my judgment. What I do know is that the homeowner was spun up from the start. Due to his performance he further invited the Man into his life.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Imzadi:
The call was probably to investigate a domestic incident. The door was open, potential yelling, and the dude was keyed up from the start. Nobody will know until the CAD history is released.

And they just lied saying it was about an idling car?
And a possible domestic allows the cops to shove people and go hands on?

Sure you are.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:06:24 PM EDT
[#19]
I']m glad I live out in the woods WAY behind an automatic gate.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:07:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Homernomer] [#20]
Originally Posted By ACEB36TC:
I']m glad I live out in the woods WAY behind an automatic gate.
View Quote

Fact.

Lowers the number of encounters with low IQ city workers on power trips.
And also, LEOs.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:13:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DB0351] [#21]
So, there's 330,000,000 people in this country (give or take) and about 750,000 cops. There are millions and millions of non-issue interactions with cops every year. I'm not a cop, never been a cop, I have no dog in this fight. I didn't watch the OP's video, and I don't really care to.

At what point do we say hey, maybe whipping the country into an anti-cop frenzy could be a bad idea? Are these just for clicks videos on social media doing anything positive, at all? What possible good could come of amplifying a shitbag cop's actions to an audience 2,000 miles away?

It seems to me that between BLM, all the DEI horseshit, the Audit assholes, and the Social media lawyers whipping up frenzy for clicks; that anyone smart enough to be a good cop is smart enough to not bother now. And this is a huge problem that likely has become self propagating.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 9mmprn:
My faith and trust in law enforcement died long ago.  Cameras or it never happened and end qualified immunity.
View Quote

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter, sir.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:18:38 PM EDT
[#23]
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized unless there's a Jeep idling in the front drive.

Good lord are those specific cops completely retarded.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:19:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By DB0351:
So, there's 330,000,000 people in this country (give or take) and about 750,000 cops. There are millions and millions of non-issue interactions with cops every year. I'm not a cop, never been a cop, I have no dog in this fight. I didn't watch the OP's video, and I don't really care to.

At what point do we say hey, maybe whipping the country into an anti-cop frenzy could be a bad idea? Are these just for clicks videos on social media doing anything positive, at all? What possible good could come of amplifying a shitbag cop's actions to an audience 2,000 miles away?

It seems to me that between BLM, all the DEI horseshit, the Audit assholes, and the Social media lawyers whipping up frenzy for clicks; that anyone smart enough to be a good cop is smart enough to not bother now. And this is a huge problem that likely has become self propagating.
View Quote

Police agencies always aggressively went after the smartest 5% of society and paid them accordingly, hence the new problem.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:25:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Homernomer:

Police agencies always aggressively went after the smartest 5% of society and paid them accordingly, hence the new problem.
View Quote

I'm not saying they did, the opposite is true I'd imagine.

What I'm trying to get at is these sorts of videos and social media posts are making the problem worse.

I'm sure the OP is a great guy, but he is literally farming us for clicks that he makes money off of. And before we get all crazy, that's not a personal attack, its a statement of fact. Crowder used to do the same thing.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:26:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By nomondaydreams:So were the officers legally there? Yes.
View Quote
Under what theory of law?

When you're told to leave with a trespass what right does the government still have to occupy your home barring a search warrant or urgent conditions ... like an idling car!

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

maybe watch the video, it’ll probably take less time than it spent you to type out your response (not that i disagree).

everyone wants to back TBL with plates, stickers, etc., yet this sort of shit still happens almost daily.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:29:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Missouri and many other states have no idling laws. Therefore the officers do have probable cause that a traffic or criminal violation occurred ( depending on how the state codes it)

For example she self-identified as the owner/operator of the vehicle. She is the only ”suspect”.  The man is no longer a suspect and cannot be detained. Further, officers cannot force him to leave.

She could be detained at a level equivalent to a traffic stop. (Again depending on state traffic vs criminal penalty for idling a vehicle)

Either way the legal and best practice way to handle this would have been to run the plate, confirm the owners picture with the lady and either leave a ticket on the car or issue a traffic warrant. There was zero reason the physically engage with either the female or the male.

The only thing I can think of as to why they wanted to detain the male was the argument could be construed as an active DV incident. The officers are clearly focused on that line of investigation when they ask her what is going on and explained to her that they heard arguing. However, that line of inquiry ends when she claims that there’s no issues and closes the door behind her. This leaves, no other avenues of investigation for the officers, and ultimately they must return to the original purpose of contact, the idling vehicle.
There’s also a possibility that they had information regarding a party at the location however it however, that information is not readily available at this time

View All Quotes

These include California, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Utah, and Vermont. Another four states limit idling time to 14 to 15 minutes. These are: Illinois, South Carolina, Nevada, and West Virginia.

Cops were assholes in video and said they were there for an idling jeep. Not a domestic disturbance call that they later changed it to. Also is it legal for the cop to stick his foot inside of home to keep door from closing. Would cop charge homeowner for assault on a Leo if they closed door and it touched his foot that was placed inside of home. I hope they get paid.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:29:27 PM EDT
[#29]
At what point do we say hey, maybe whipping the country into an anti-cop frenzy could be a bad idea?
View Quote

Holding armed agents of the state who abuse their power and violate people's civil rights accountable is never a bad idea.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

How dare people shine a light on tyrannical, government, shit bags who are abusing their power....

I mean fuck the 1st amendment auditors, how dare they go into government buildings and actually hold government agents accountable, I mean how dare they make government workers actually do their jobs....

How dare the people actually get together and decide enough is enough with these sheriffs and cops who think they are above the law... Fuck all that... Just let them abuse the people they took an oath to protect because... Well ... This guy thinks they deserve a free pass....
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:29:47 PM EDT
[#31]

What I'm trying to get at is these sorts of videos and social media posts are making the problem worse.

I'm sure the OP is a great guy, but he is literally farming us for clicks that he makes money off of. And before we get all crazy, that's not a personal attack, its a statement of fact. Crowder used to do the same thing.
View Quote

I agree! If no one knows there is a problem there is no problem! Damn civil rights fanatics posting all these videos and social media posts.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:31:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By StarJumper:

How dare people shine a light on tyrannical, government, shit bags who are abusing their power....

I mean fuck the 1st amendment auditors, how dare they go into government buildings and actually hold government agents accountable, I mean how dare they make government workers actually do their jobs....

How dare the people actually get together and decide enough is enough with these sheriffs and cops who think they are above the law... Fuck all that... Just let them abuse the people they took an oath to protect because... Well ... This guy thinks they deserve a free pass....
View Quote

Well said!
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By sitkashooter:

So no warming up your car in winter?

You must be a cop.
View Quote

No the law doesn't apply to the government, or at least it won't be enforced against any city owned cars.

They're the only ones professional enough to warm their cars before driving them.

Rules for thee but not for me.

We're so fucked as the government isn't going to stop or get disciplined but keep on writing laws and destroying lives enforcing them.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#34]
I see we're not in the mood for thoughtful discussion. Just in for the edgelord circlejerk. Message received.

In the meantime, think what your outrage is worth. Because whoever makes videos like this, sure does. Your outrage is being farmed for money, and it is hurting society as a whole.

https://socialblade.com/youtube/c/thecivilrightslawyer
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:37:45 PM EDT
[#35]

No idling laws on private property?
View All Quotes
Missouri and many other states have no idling laws.

No idling laws on private property?

Yep. Be careful what municipality you warm your car up in during winter. In some you will be ticketed. They're trying to prevent car thefts.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#36]

You must be a cop.
View All Quotes

😭 some of those laws have been on the books as long as cars have existed. The fact that they persist proves you wrong.

I suppose that you would say the same about any law that applies on private property.
🤣

I agree there is to much government and far to many laws but anarchy is also not a thing in our constitution

You must be a cop.

In some jurisdictions that will get you a ticket.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:39:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gatetraveller] [#37]

View All Quotes

It's NOT a statement of fact because OP is not the poster on YouTube.

LawyerUp is the poster on YouTube.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:43:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By gatetraveller:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gatetraveller:

My mistake.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#39]
I have been critical of cops on this site at times but I will have to go against the grain in this case. Both Black males were acting aggressive and confrontational and it appeared as though the female could have been under duress and exigent circumstances warranted detaining the males. The sovereign citizen/Australian baldy routine wasn't called for here and they had no reason to act this way as it only served to arouse suspicion. Was anyone actually arrested and charged ?

I side with the cops here. Trash residents and I don't care if they were manhandled while being detained because they were asking for it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:57:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Your outrage is being farmed for money, and it is hurting society as a whole.
View Quote

Holding armed agents of the state who exceed their authority and violate people's civil rights is never hurting our society as a whole.

Failing to hold them accountable certainly is, though.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:00:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By TheFringe:
I have been critical of cops on this site at times but I will have to go against the grain in this case. Both Black males were acting aggressive and confrontational and it appeared as though the female could have been under duress and exigent circumstances warranted detaining the males.
View Quote

The cops were there because somebody called in about a jeep running.

They witnessed no violence. They received no complaint of violence.

You don't want to stretch exigent circumstances that far.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#42]
I see we're not in the mood for thoughtful discussion. Just in for the edgelord circlejerk. Message received.

In the meantime, think what your outrage is worth. Because whoever makes videos like this, sure does. Your outrage is being farmed for money, and it is hurting society as a whole.

View Quote

Good for him @LawyerUp
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:07:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By TheFringe:
I have been critical of cops on this site at times but I will have to go against the grain in this case. Both Black males were acting aggressive and confrontational and it appeared as though the female could have been under duress and exigent circumstances warranted detaining the males. The sovereign citizen/Australian baldy routine wasn't called for here and they had no reason to act this way as it only served to arouse suspicion. Was anyone actually arrested and charged ?

I side with the cops here. Trash residents and I don't care if they were manhandled while being detained because they were asking for it.
View Quote

So you are a sovereign citizen if you don't wants cops to tresspass?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:07:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Law abiding folks still open their doors to cops? Weird.

I spoke with them through the window screen the one time they showed up on my porch asking about “rapid gunfire fire”.

“Can I help you?”

“Got a call about rapid gunshots….”

“Yea? Sounds like someone had some fun!  Ya’ll have a good day now.”
-closes window and goes back to organizing ammo crates-

“……..”
-walks back to cruiser and leaves-

I have no doubts that put me a list lol.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:10:55 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Nearly four decades of back benchers without a date sitting at home for evenings on end drooling into a bag of chips while getting endorphin bumps
from cheering on take downs seen during extended power sessions of watching Cops reruns has certainly made us a better society.

I am sure the producers of that soul bending dreck did it all out of charity, without any ulterior motives, financial or otherwise.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:11:16 PM EDT
[#46]
if this goes to court we could hear the rest of the evidence, the complaint, etc.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:11:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:

Holding armed agents of the state who exceed their authority and violate people's civil rights is never hurting our society as a whole.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:
Your outrage is being farmed for money, and it is hurting society as a whole.

Please explain to me how am I supposed to hold a shitbag cop accountable from a state across the country? I live in Michigan, you live in Virginia, what possible benefit would there be if I posted a video that gets you all pissed off? Lets say I do it lots and lots of times, over a period of years. Now you HATE cops (hypothetically) that did nothing to piss you off, but because you see demons behind every badge, instead of individuals making individual choices.

Video creators like this farm us for clicks, make money off our outrage (it is a huge industry too) to make us mad about things that happen in places we have no control over in places we may have never even been. Meanwhile all the cops I personally know are decent family guys, but if I were to believe the internet, all cops are bastards right?

This is the same problems we faced with the advent of the 24 hour news cycle and CNN blasting stay at home moms with non stop news about shootings. Now kids are scared of school shootings, even though they are statistically irrelevant.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:13:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Ibn_Huq:

Nearly four decades of back benchers without a date sitting at home for evenings on end drooling into a bag of chips while getting endorphin bumps
from cheering on take downs seen during extended power sessions of watching Cops reruns has certainly made us a better society.

I am sure the producers of that soul bending dreck did it all out of charity, without any ulterior motives, financial or otherwise.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ibn_Huq:

I wholeheartedly agree with you.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:16:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperHeavy] [#49]

View Quote

LOL

I used to make $$$ on YouTube. Years ago 50% of views were not monitizable (ad block) these days I bet it spushing 75%.

If socialblade estimated I would make $300-$6,000 a day, I was actually getting $200-500. Nowhere near the median they estimated.

Now you have a lawyer spending how many hours to watch and rewatch this video, spend hours researching laws, then hours in front of a camera and then editing it.

I guarantee you YouTube funds his cigars and whiskey and that's about it.

He isn't getting even close to his hourly rate.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:19:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kc-coyote] [#50]
Who has time to take a call like that?  Seriously.  Their MDT has no other pending calls?  Even if it didn't, an empty car idling on someone's property is not a police issue.  The only exception would be if it appeared someone was slumped over inside the vehicle (i.e. possible medical emergency or drunk person).  But that was not the case.  The car was empty and on private property.  They should have told dispatch to advise whoever called that is not a police issue and that be the end of it.
Page / 10
Top Top