BCM
User Panel

Page / 28
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:38:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FDC:

Charged with a fucking felony.

fuck off with your faggotry of oh the charges may be dropped.
View Quote
Dropped by Tuesday; Friday at the latest.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:40:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Surprised they didn't add on a charge of too many clubs in the bag
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:41:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Just like the fucktard cop who kicked the moving car and broke his leg or something.
Who’s got that gif? It would be perfect here
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:53:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:
Does anyone think those charges are actually going to be around inside of a week?  All of that is probably already being dismissed like most DA's offices do with the other cases that come across their desks.
View Quote

THIS.. is the problem.
right there.

I have sat in a Duck Blind with a TPD officer talking about something that would get me arrested. when I told him that about how getting arrested would severely effect my life, he looked at me like I was crazy.

he state " Its just an arrest, not a conviction". he was stunned that I would or could think that. it was benign to him.

when I replied that I would probably be fired damn near immediately and probably not be able to be employed in healthcare, he could not wrap his head around that fact.

in most LEO's mind- arresting people is what they are expected to do every day, no different than putting paper in a printer. the arrest, the jail, the mugshot is just part of the job.

the legal issues, the confinement, the aftermath is never thought of as being their job or the ramifications.

honestly it was very eye opening that officers don't see the big picture of dealing with normal people that aren't the dregs of society.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:53:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DmacRTCo:
Bystanders reported hearing screams of witness me before he tried to ride all shiny and chrome into Valhalla.
View Quote
Dashcam footage of his interaction with the cop

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:06:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ExFed1811:

Could have been worse.  When I was in Maryland, the FBI stopped two teen aged Boy Scouts who were driving the same car as a bank robber.

When the agent on the driver's side told the passenger to get out of the car, he reached down to unhook his seatbelt to comply, at which point the agent next to him shot him, because he thought he was reaching for a weapon.
View Quote

There was a thread on here about that.
The FBI agents should have been charged. Have a 20 yr LEO and a fresh recruit describe a felony stop to the jury and that would just about guarantee a guilty verdict.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:10:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JAD762:
Attach himself to the car?
View Quote

With 3M tape!
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:15:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ExFed1811:
Having been a law enforcement boss, I know one thing is true for sure.   Whatever public statement the Police Department is putting out, backing the officer, the officer that arrested Scheffler has already been in the chief's office where the conversation went something like this.

"How the fuck do you fuck up directing traffic to the point you end up arresting the top player in the tournament driving a fucking marked PGA tournament car? I got the Mayor and every big dick swinging mother fucker in this state coming down on my ass telling me to unfuck your fuck up.   Now get out of my fucking sight."
View Quote

Now terrible.

The officer probably feels really bad.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:16:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ZuoZongtang:
The officer could likely list his pants on Ebay right now and get 10 grand.
View Quote

After he gets them out of the evidence locker.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:17:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By cccpNyC:

With 3M tape!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cccpNyC:
Originally Posted By JAD762:
Attach himself to the car?

With 3M tape!

I saw a video of a guy attaching himself to a gas pump nozzle earlier this week so anything is possible now.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:22:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By OKnativeson:

THIS.. is the problem.
right there.

I have sat in a Duck Blind with a TPD officer talking about something that would get me arrested. when I told him that about how getting arrested would severely effect my life, he looked at me like I was crazy.

he state " Its just an arrest, not a conviction". he was stunned that I would or could think that. it was benign to him.

when I replied that I would probably be fired damn near immediately and probably not be able to be employed in healthcare, he could not wrap his head around that fact.

in most LEO's mind- arresting people is what they are expected to do every day, no different than putting paper in a printer. the arrest, the jail, the mugshot is just part of the job.

the legal issues, the confinement, the aftermath is never thought of as being their job or the ramifications.

honestly it was very eye opening that officers don't see the big picture of dealing with normal people that aren't the dregs of society.
View All Quotes
Does anyone think those charges are actually going to be around inside of a week?  All of that is probably already being dismissed like most DA's offices do with the other cases that come across their desks.

THIS.. is the problem.
right there.

Fucking this.

A felony arrest would end my career, without question.

Nobody would care that the charges were dropped.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:26:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Mr_Nasty99:

He was in a marked car for players, the other officers on scene knew they were players, and people recording from the sidewalk are saying “it’s Scotty Scheffler.”
View Quote

When will we see the video?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:35:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By gotigers:
Another hot head that was picked on in high school with a badge.
View Quote
Nailed it.

All charges will be dismissed.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:54:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By -Abyss-:

Fucking this.

View Quote
Serious question... How would your employer even know?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:12:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Call2Arms:
View All Quotes

Fucking this.

For those of us with clearances, an arrest is a mandatory reportable incident that will follow us around for our entire career, and will have to be explained away each and every time our clearance is due for reinvestigation, and that will weigh against us in the adjudication process.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:14:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Fucking this.

View Quote

exactly.
I would not even get to explain or show the fact that the charges were dropped.
"Hand in your Name Badge, please"
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:15:12 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

I'm required to report an arrest to HR immediately.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:48:58 AM EDT
[#18]
The cop was probably part of the accident team and was unaware that the golfers had marked vehicles that had the right of way.  In the dark and in the rain, Scottie probably did not understand what was going with the accident.  From the video the cops clothing may not have looked like cops.  Add shining lights and the general confusion and you get a snafu.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 1:04:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Yet the number one golfer in the world has a felony charge on his record. Well played officer fuck head and the rest of the Louisville department.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 2:02:43 AM EDT
[#20]
So, what time do the protests and looting start?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:19:02 AM EDT
[#21]

THIS.. is the problem.
right there.

View All Quotes

THIS.. is the problem.
right there.

Your LE buddy doesn't see the consequences because LE really don't have to deal with them.  Just look at how many keep their job or just bounce to another department when anyone else would lose a job and a career.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:31:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By fortydelta:

Probably the reason he was on parking lot duty in the first place.
View Quote

It's probably an overtime job..jokes on him, the 70$ an hour job is the reward
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:52:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By grinning_bob:

Like I said earlier, I pray this country doesn't go COC.  It used to just be people of color who feared the cops.  Now, everyone one of us are one encounter away from this shit.  All in the name of officer safety of course.  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By grinning_bob:
Originally Posted By VeryAverage:

And our resident TBLs just see that as another day at the office. Oh well. Fucked up but the DA will dismiss it… dental plan intact, and that guy gets off with only paying out $20k for failing to suck the cop cock.

Like I said earlier, I pray this country doesn't go COC.  It used to just be people of color who feared the cops.  Now, everyone one of us are one encounter away from this shit.  All in the name of officer safety of course.  

Many of us resemble the high school bullies more than minorities. It was inevitable.
Scottie is young, tall, rich, talented and white. And ON HIS WAY TO WORK. We have to get those people under control or unauthorized turns could happen within areas loosely defined by orange cones.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:58:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Kygentleman:

I believe the accident was a mile away and he was like 100 yards from the turn-in. But nice try...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4Teen_R:
He drove down a median around backed up traffic, and thru an accident scene where a pedestrian was hit and killed by a bus. Sounds like a swell guy.

I believe the accident was a mile away and he was like 100 yards from the turn-in. But nice try...

What IS true is that Traffic Waingro was a grunt who went straight to LEO.

Maybe converting infantry to traffic cops in CONUS is a bad idea at the end of the day. Maybe we should also teach them a non-combat skill to fall back on. Like animal husbandry. Or floral arranging. Something where they don't wear armor, carry guns and perpetrate violence on innocent constructive people.
The easy ability to dehumanize is not helpful in a sworn CIVILIAN role.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 5:00:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By juan223:

When you're facing a felony,  famous or not, the outcome is uncertain.  If you can make it all go away with a 'group hug' he'd be wise to do so,  this isn't a question of either paying a BS speeding ticket or fighting it on principle... There are serious potential consequences.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By juan223:
Originally Posted By VeryAverage:

That’s my fear. This shouldn’t blow over.

Officer Dipshit either went pit bull rage mode and just had to get it on with the nearest victim, or he thought he was getting a chance to massage his ego and exercise his authoritae over a perceived inconsequential dis… anyone else he would have gotten away with it.

He needs to be hit with lawsuits for as long as it is possible. Make the process the crime. Ruin his life forever.

When you're facing a felony,  famous or not, the outcome is uncertain.  If you can make it all go away with a 'group hug' he'd be wise to do so,  this isn't a question of either paying a BS speeding ticket or fighting it on principle... There are serious potential consequences.

I think you are right about serious consequences.

The odds of this being the first and only time this cop abused his authority is zero.

When other innocent people he abused start to surface, that worrisome felony will disappear faster than the new Titleist you sliced into the woods.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 5:51:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Homernomer:

Maybe converting infantry to traffic cops in CONUS is a bad idea at the end of the day. Maybe we should also teach them a non-combat skill to fall back on. Like animal husbandry. Or floral arranging. Something where they don't wear armor, carry guns and perpetrate violence on innocent constructive people.
View All Quotes
He drove down a median around backed up traffic, and thru an accident scene where a pedestrian was hit and killed by a bus. Sounds like a swell guy.

I'd say it's mostly personality and IQ related.

I was infantry, and I'm all for committing war crimes against the foreign enemies of freedom that hate us, our way of life, our religion, etc.

I'd make a terrible cop though. I don't give a fuck about most of the governments laws. I believe in strongly adhering to Constitutional protections and personal liberties. I think the government and its agents should have the absolute bare minimum (or NONE in most cases) of intrusion into Americans lives.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 6:01:11 AM EDT
[#27]

THIS.. is the problem.
right there.

View Quote

From a jaded perspective, everyone is the dregs.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 6:09:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By BamaMarine:

I was infantry, and I'm all for committing war crimes against the foreign enemies of freedom that hate us, our way of life, our religion, etc.

I'd make a terrible cop though. I don't give a fuck about most of the governments laws. I believe in strongly adhering to Constitutional protections and personal liberties. I think the government and its agents should have the absolute bare minimum (or NONE in most cases) of intrusion into Americans lives.
View All Quotes

Thanks for not taking that the wrong way.
My dad was infantry in Korea. That's before war was a lot like urban policing. He would have still made a bad cop. Was offered a sheriff job and turned it down.
He made an outstanding man and father, however.

I support grunts. That's not what this is about.
I would have also made a terrible cop. I can't stand stupid people, and I think we can all agree cops see a lot of stupid people. More than their share. If that's a factor in this, then it goes on the table.

Being forced to see people at their worst every day would have frustrated him too much.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:35:18 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote
You just don't get it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:43:09 AM EDT
[#30]
It's been a rough few years for LMPD.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:48:44 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

I guess discriminating against veterans is back in vogue now.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:50:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

From a jaded perspective, everyone is the dregs.
View Quote

oh yeah
every contact they have usually 1 of the party is a dreg. jadedness to the max.

he is not the first that I have encountered with that mindset.

"Its just an arrest"

bond out.. an deal with it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:55:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Tiger Woods would NOT have been arrested.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:55:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JBecker_72] [#34]
View All Quotes

Fucking this.

Clearance. I am required to report any arrest or charge against me to my employer. And most likely I will not be allowed on site until that is cleared up.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:00:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fortydelta:

Probably the reason he was on parking lot duty in the first place.

Thanks for wrecking the "We just need to pay them more and they won't shit their pants." theory.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:02:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:13:51 AM EDT
[#37]
The fact that Scotty went out and had a good round tells me he did nothing wrong.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:15:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Homernomer] [#38]

View All Quotes

Telling the truth is in vogue in a post-truth America. Hard truths. Men truths.
Truths like PTSD direct to street cop might be an awkward transition for some.

I suggested something might be a bad idea. Your disagreement is noted.
ETA: Perhaps another way to view this is that veterans shouldn't have to serve overseas in combat AND on our mean streets. They did they part already. They should get to do something less stressful, and have other options if they would like. Too few options push LEO forward for some.

The discrimination card is most often played when the player needs protection from the truth.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:17:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:15:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By UsernameUnknown:
Maybe he’ll investigate himself
View Quote

Apparently so good at the accident stuff they had him go be a traffic bitch instead.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:17:47 AM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes

Through their clever investigative skill, they’ve helped countless companies protect their business interests and defend the rights of their clients.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:22:35 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

My man.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:22:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Some funny fucking memes here.  Can someone please make one with Scottie wearing an ankle bracelet?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:30:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By lockinload:
Some funny fucking memes here.  Can someone please make one with Scottie wearing an ankle bracelet?
View Quote

I saw that one early in the thread. He's putting with one on.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:36:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MannyRibera] [#46]
Originally Posted By TLD05:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TLD05:

Originally Posted By Chokey:

On Page 2. Courtesy of Chokey

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:39:06 AM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

There will always be a joke something like this:
Win the Masters: Green Jacket
Win the RBC Heritage: Plaid Jacket
Win the PGA Championship: Orange jumpsuit.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:52:26 AM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

I've seen where they couldn't make bail in time and missed work.
Someone sees them on the weekly mugshots posted on the sheriff website.
One friend was arrested for murder. Picture in the news the next day and fired that afternoon. The company said they can't have someone accused of murder dealing with customers. It was a self defense shooting, should have been tossed on stand your ground but I guess the DA and judge likes seeing their names in the news. Found not guilty.

Two weeks ago my bosses name was reported as being charged with triple murder. It took about 20 hours for the news to correct the name on the article but the little news blurbs on the radio kept repeating the wrong name. Thing is his last name is unique and was nothing close to the actual name of the murder subject.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:54:59 AM EDT
[#49]
I have worked with detail cops for over 20 years in a lot of different towns.  MA doesnt have flag men unless a detail cant be filled.  If there is any work at all involved, they will be out screaming at people.  Some of them are downright embarrassing to everyone on the job site.

I saw a doctor who claimed he was going to an emergency at the hospital get pulled out and hand cuffed because he didn't understand the cop's traffic directions.  He turned out to be telling the truth about the emergency.  They asked us to testify in a lawsuit, but it ended up being settled.

The last detail I had, we ended up shutting the road down because the detail(corrections officer) was throwing a fit and every single car he encountered.  It's impossible to work on live electricity when you have a guy screaming at the top of his lungs at every car he sees.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:
We have to change criminal golf culture.
View Quote

I’ll bet he had 14 burglary tools in his trunk.
Page / 28
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top