Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/15/2023 2:49:21 PM EDT
What's the general consensus on these PSA 5.56 AR mag AKs?  I heard they only function well with G2 Pmags?  G3 won't work?  tan / magpul follower USGI mags won't work?

How do they compare in quality and reliability to say a Zastava 5.56 AK?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 5:57:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a PSA AK 556 and it functioned well with my p-mags, the ones with the gray followers but I don't know what gen they were. I never had an issue with it and it ran well, my son has it now and like's it a lot. I also had a Zastava M90 556 for about a year but sold it off, it was a very beautiful well functioning rifle. 2 reasons why I sold it are, I tried 4 different types of brass ammo through it and couldn't get it to group good. It averaged 6" at 100 yards with everything I put through it, and I lose interest real quick in a rifle like that. The 2nd reason was the M90 was heavy with a 1.5mm receiver, I like my AK's light weight, but that's just my personal choice. I recently picked up a PSA 101 and a 102 in 556 and I have been impressed with their function and accuracy and build quality. Lots of options out there for finicky shoppers like me.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 2:46:53 PM EDT
[#2]
No one knows, huh?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:50:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

I like mine so far...got about 300rds through it without any issues using different pmags and GI mags.  I would like to change the muzzlebreak to an A2 flashhider.
Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top