User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/5/2024 9:40:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HardTymeZZZ]
How do you like it? Are they durable?
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 12:48:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kilroymcb] [#1]
I've had one on my VZ-58 for over a year. It's nice, IMO. It hasn't broken yet. Eye relief is short, though.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 9:45:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one on my PSA 102 and it works well, I bought the optic combo and rear based mount from AK operators union store. It took me a bit to get it set up because I didn't realize about the eye relief. But once I got it positioned correctly it works very well, I like it a lot and will keep using it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 11:30:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Eye relief is SHORT with those things (I have 2 of them). Also, a good cheek weld is necessary meaning for best accuracy you’ll need a cheek riser. I have found the prisms to be just as sensitive to parallax as any other magnified optic, maybe even more so.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:14:12 PM EDT
[#4]
The inside of my safe hasn’t killed it yet. I like it a lot though. Got the master mount, which I may like better than the rs regulate since it has the pic rail and acog mount integrated.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:58:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Good shooting with. Steel at 100 is a breeze. Eye relief isn’t as bad as a lot of other prism sights.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 3:15:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: country_boy87] [#6]
I have one mounted on my saiga 223, easily can hit a steel plate @ 100 without trying.
Love it!
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 1:49:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Lightweight and does not require batteries, it's a keeper.  Eye relief is not as bad as I imagined...helps to have an adjustable stock FYI.
Also, I have bad astigmatism that would make shots out to 300Y very difficult with a red dot.  Was able to accomplish that with the 3X reliably (man sized steel).

As far as durability I believe as long as you have it on a stout mounting platform, you should be good to go.  Am willing to try a few drops into dirt/grass/sand next time out.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:19:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I just picked one up when PA had the open-box sale this past weekend.
I'll have to mount it up and see what I think.
It was too good a deal to pass up at $223 plus free shipping.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top