Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/27/2015 6:38:02 PM EDT
Does anyone sell a heat shield to fit inside the pap
Handguard ?

I can't even imagine a metal railed handguard dealing with the pap heat.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 8:28:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: corpseknight] [#1]
I use stacked up sheets of up aluminum flashing from the roofing dept at the hardware store. Learned that trick back when I bought an HK-G3 pattern rifle with the skinny wood handguards. Beats shooting with oven mitts on.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 9:18:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Ideas?
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 4:42:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By corpseknight:
I use stacked up sheets of up aluminum flashing from the roofing dept at the hardware store. Learned that trick back when I bought an HK-G3 pattern rifle with the skinny wood handguards. Beats shooting with oven mitts on.
View Quote

This right here. When I assembled my FrankenFAL, it had sheet metal handguards. I cut some aluminum flashing and bent and flexed it so that it touched at the front and rear but not in the middle. While not a perfect solution, I was at least able to make it through more than one magazine without breaking out the ChickenMitt.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 3:59:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I dont think anyone does, as others have suggested its a matter of making it on your own.  I had not tried flashing, will give that a shot myself.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 4:11:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DOG556:
Does anyone sell a heat shield to fit inside the pap
Handguard ?

I can't even imagine a metal railed handguard dealing with the pap heat.
View Quote

Manta covers for aluminum handguards. They stay nice and cool. Available for Picatinny and M-Lok.
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top