Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/31/2021 1:43:04 AM EDT
Are the Hungarian AKM over-gassed? Why do they have the gas venting holes on both block and tube?
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 7:51:30 AM EDT
[#1]
typically dont have both... either it was over gassed and sombody tried to fix it or swapped out the part... dont thing i have seen them with both other then some home budget builds...
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 8:58:34 AM EDT
[#2]
The vent holes don't regulate gas pressure. I'd guess that someone just used a type 3 gas tube on an AKM.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 12:40:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Deep_Purp1e] [#3]
It's large scale. In fact, all factory Hungarian AK's sold in the US including Kassner pre-ban and K.B.I. post-ban had the vent holes on the gas block and the gas tube. It's almost like a Hungarian AK trademark. Had me puzzled. I'm still looking for a reasonable explanation.

I know AK's are very forgiving. Is there a problem with such setup?
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 2:54:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Deep_Purp1e:
Is there a problem with such setup?
View Quote

No. You could remove the gas tube entirely and it would still cycle.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 1:23:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Its true all the old original Kasner and immediate post-94 imports had this.  I swap for a russian gas tube when I am swapping out the furniture anyway.  Great rifles and until recently, a great deal could be had on the pre-94 Kasner imports these because it seemed that most people just didn't appreciate what it really was.   Full factory / milspec AKM manufactured in a communist country before the fall of the Berlin Wall - complete with F/A bolt carrier serial numbered to the gun.  I have a fixed and an underfolder.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 1:10:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Deep_Purp1e] [#7]
I have the underfolder. It's a very nice representative piece of the Russian AKM. And, it's a factory built gun. I don't care for the funky factory stock set either. Swapped them out as soon as I received the traditional looking parts. (I still keep the original factory set for the future.) I've had two post-ban (the blonde thumbholes) and two pre-ban. I'll hang-on to the last one I have. If I let it go, I won't be able to find a fifth Hungarian. I may find one, but a huge price tag for sure that is out of my reach.
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top