User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/1/2024 6:58:17 PM EDT
I can't keep up.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:36:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rauchman] [#1]
Wonder how this differs from the current SLX Nova?

Edited to add:  I think the new one has drop markers for 5.56/.308, while the old has mil based drops.  I'd think for the it's typical usage, the 5.56/.308 drops would be more optimal?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Gawd, I wish they would put that reticle in their prisms
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:26:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Isn't this the scope they released last year?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:15:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ll get one in tanodize for my 308. About damn time.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:20:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PacNW5:
Isn't this the scope they released last year?
View Quote

The new SLx version has BDC subtensions for 5.56 and .308. Last year's SLx version's BDC subtensions are based in mils.

It looks like the new PLXc 1-8 Nova Fiber will be based in mils, like last year's SLx version.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:23:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By s4s4u:
Gawd, I wish they would put that reticle in their prisms
View Quote

Would buy
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:28:09 PM EDT
[#7]
How many Oz?

The PLx 1-8 SFP is under 20 oz, by a decent amount, making it very remarkable.  But at $1500-$2k, a bit premium.

If this unit is under 20 Oz, I'm interested.  Understood the glass won't be quite as clear as  PLx, but at 6x, you don't need $1500 glass.

Personally, I would much prefer a 2-8 than a 1-6, but everyone wants to go all they way down to 1 these days (I don't)
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:36:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:
How many Oz?

The PLx 1-8 SFP is under 20 oz, by a decent amount, making it very remarkable.  But at $1500-$2k, a bit premium.

If this unit is under 20 Oz, I'm interested.  Understood the glass won't be quite as clear as  PLx, but at 6x, you don't need $1500 glass.

Personally, I would much prefer a 2-8 than a 1-6, but everyone wants to go all they way down to 1 these days (I don't)
View Quote

PA specs page has the new SLx Nova Fiber at the same weight as other SLx 1-6's, which is 17.9oz.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:42:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ODGreenFan:

PA specs page has the new SLx Nova Fiber at the same weight as other SLx 1-6's, which is 17.9oz.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
How many Oz?

Yea I just looked.  Man, I could have SWORN when I last looked a year ago, they were running much heavier at 25 oz.  ...

Ahhh,  here it is, right, these are SFP, as noted.  Right.  SFP is kind of dead to me now, in the age of ballistics apps and drop compensators.  But the problem with FFP is they tend to be a lot heavier, and I guess those where the 20+ oz units I was looking at.  OK.  (well, that and most FFP reticles disappear at low power)
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 4:04:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Yea I just looked.  Man, I could have SWORN when I last looked a year ago, they were running much heavier at 25 oz.  ...

Ahhh,  here it is, right, these are SFP, as noted.  Right.  SFP is kind of dead to me now, in the age of ballistics apps and drop compensators.  But the problem with FFP is they tend to be a lot heavier, and I guess those where the 20+ oz units I was looking at.  OK.  (well, that and most FFP reticles disappear at low power)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
How many Oz?

Not dead to Luddites (like me) that don't use ballistic apps and do want a bright 1x SFP.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 4:14:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Strela:

Not dead to Luddites (like me) that don't use ballistic apps and do want a bright 1x SFP.
View Quote

Ditto!  And to be honest, if we need to think about holdover the target is well beyond 200 yards and most of us are going to be on 6x anyway so I fail to see the advantage of FFP in an LPVO.  Hell, I can't even read the FFP reticle information until beyond 4x, and then you still have a shitty 1x reticle.  Having a consistently sized reticle means more to me than BDC values at intermediate magnifications, and if I don't have a piggyback reflex on top I want a center dot reticle that is on fire!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top