Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/8/2024 4:18:38 AM EDT
I was issued a new ACOG with a new ARMS mount, and I have to use a lot of force to release it from the picatinny rail (I end up using a screwdriver for leverage). I have to remove the ACOG every day at dusk to put on my night vision scope, and this is a real pain. Any suggestions? Is this just something that will loosen up in time?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:42:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine have an adjustment.  They don’t need to be that tight.

See if your manual is here if you can’t figure it out.

http://armsmounts.com/manuals/
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:55:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! I couldn't find a manual there for my model. This looks like mine: https://armsmounts.com/shop/mounts/a-r-m-s-19ld-acog-low-dual-throw-lever-mount/
Do you have the MK-II? That looks like it's adjustable.
I might just tie some thin paracord with a finger loop to open the rear arm, which is what really gives me some trouble.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:09:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I don’t have that model, but I do have one of theirs on an aimpoint.

Pretty sure they design them so the arm sits close to the mount to eliminate any snagging potential.   They call them quick detach but it’s more like damn that thing is a pain detach.

Quite well made, secure and mine comes back to near zero the few times I’ve pulled it off.

If you are pulling it daily, in a combat situ, I think there will be some wear and tear on the rail/mount eventually and you’ll have to adjust it tighter at some point.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:27:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I think the correct solution is a second gun, especially in that line of work.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DVCER: If you are pulling it daily, in a combat situ, I think there will be some wear and tear on the rail/mount eventually...
View Quote

If one searches they'll find those non-adjustable levers have a reputation for loosening. Probably why they made the newer adjustable levers.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:02:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Hit it with your purse
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:06:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DevL:
Hit it with your purse
View Quote

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top