Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/22/2024 7:11:43 PM EDT
Hello all:
Yea, I know it's 24 years since I registered.......

I'm an old guy, been loading since '73, shooting since I was a pup. From the wheat country of eastern Colo. I've accumulated several rifles and handguns.  I load for 'em all. There's a couple 223's in the bunch, one std, and one AI. Almost all have heavy barrels.  I developed this disease in the '90's, I blame it on my kid, he got me enthralled with the old Rem Senderos.

I've ordered a 24-inch heavy bbl AR from CBC Industries. No particular reason, 'cept I just like the long heavy barrels, and I liked their assy arrangement. And it'll be handy in the prairie dog fields. That, combined with Colorado's upcoming ban on ARs, I decided to enter the fray. All that, and it'll be one more gun my kids will have to dispose of when I check out. I've never been particularly enthused with ARs but decided it's time to try one out.  I'll be assembling this gun from their rifle kit. I'm not a 'mag dump' guy, so I'll be handloading for this rig. I'll use some factory Black Hills stuff to break it in.

I'm gonna peruse as many 'build' posts I can, and learn what I need to get this toy built and shooting.

Thanks for reading, -West out
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:33:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:39:32 PM EDT
[#2]
2007 and this is your first post?! Welcome again!
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:17:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OTDR] [#3]
Originally Posted By WestDivide:
Hello all:
Yea, I know it's 24 years since I registered.......

I'm an old guy, been loading since '73, shooting since I was a pup. From the wheat country of eastern Colo. I've accumulated several rifles and handguns.  I load for 'em all. There's a couple 223's in the bunch, one std, and one AI. Almost all have heavy barrels.  I developed this disease in the '90's, I blame it on my kid, he got me enthralled with the old Rem Senderos.

I've ordered a 24-inch heavy bbl AR from CBC Industries. No particular reason, 'cept I just like the long heavy barrels, and I liked their assy arrangement. And it'll be handy in the prairie dog fields. That, combined with Colorado's upcoming ban on ARs, I decided to enter the fray. All that, and it'll be one more gun my kids will have to dispose of when I check out. I've never been particularly enthused with ARs but decided it's time to try one out.  I'll be assembling this gun from their rifle kit. I'm not a 'mag dump' guy, so I'll be handloading for this rig. I'll use some factory Black Hills stuff to break it in.

I'm gonna peruse as many 'build' posts I can, and learn what I need to get this toy built and shooting.

Thanks for reading, -West out
View Quote

Registered in 2007? 24 years? Fuzzy math. Welcome to the madness.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:59:07 PM EDT
[#4]
OP, prepare yourself for the onset of BRD…Black Rifle Disorder…where you build a collection of them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#5]
"Registered in 2007? 24 years? Fuzzy math. Welcome to the madness."

I can't find it to quote it, but somewhere there's a statement telling me I last visited in 2000.  So not fuzzy math (lots of other things are fuzzy, tho'). While I read the site posts occasionally, never been inclined to get involved in AR discussions. Now I have a reason.

And on "BRD - black rifle disease, is that a subset or precursor of heavy barrel disease? I confess to the latter.....

I'll see ya around the board, after my parts arrive.

-West out
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:42:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WestDivide:
"Registered in 2007? 24 years? Fuzzy math. Welcome to the madness."

I can't find it to quote it, but somewhere there's a statement telling me I last visited in 2000.  So not fuzzy math (lots of other things are fuzzy, tho'). While I read the site posts occasionally, never been inclined to get involved in AR discussions. Now I have a reason.

-West out
View Quote

It's a site glitch.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:27:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome 2007 !!!
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top