Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/28/2024 8:41:59 PM EDT
Reference: Nightforce NXS 2.5-10 x 24 - epay #1

Nightforce NXS Rifle Scope 2.5-10x24 - epay #2

Neither of these are mine. If I remember correctly they were around $1000 new back in the day. Are these Gen 1 USA made NF scopes really rare and valuable? If so why?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#1]
They don’t make them anymore. So they are more valuable.
I purchased one recently that was a remake of the original run. $1800 and worth every penny.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:59:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: outlaw222] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ark-and-spark:
They don’t make them anymore. So they are more valuable.
I purchased one recently that was a remake of the original run. $1800 and worth every penny.
View Quote

What would be a fair price for an original first run?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:59:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I sold one for approximately 3x what I paid for it new after lightly using it for years. Was in excellent+ shape with all box and papers.  My sale was a year or two before the re-release.

The cloners still go bonkers for them.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:08:22 PM EDT
[#4]
ARFCOM injects the aids into links so I didn't click on yours.

A NXS 2.5-10x24 with zero stop ran about $1360 new.

They are wonderfully compact and light scopes.  You could use one and have a MRDS on it for about the same weight as a Elcan Specter DR.
Very tight and unforgiving eye box, but if you are used to a 4x ACOG, you can handle this scope.

Because they were used by various military units, most notably the SEALs, on a variety of guns they are also desired by collectors.  There are also ARMY, RECON, and NAV-SPEC contact overrun models out there that will also demand a premium.

I don't really think they are rare, if you want one, there are plenty to be found.  But you are going to pay a premium because there is more demand that supply.

I've seen them sell for up to $3000.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Market price seems to range from $2k-$3k for most.  If they are a MILSPEC or rarer clone config, they can be listed for more.  

The second listing with the FC-2 is pretty rare, and good for an M14 EBR clone.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top