Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/29/2024 11:32:59 PM EDT
My first AR-style suppressor (Huxwrx Vent 762--HUB compatible) and I need a mounting system. I am down to Griffin Armament Dual-Lok, and Dead Air's Xeno, and lastly Dead Air's Keymo.

The Xeno offers an attractive package: nice-looking and small muzzle devices, a very light mount, and a simple system.

Griffin also offers nice-looking muzzle devices and what seems to be a solid mount. A lock is a plus. What I find troubling about this system is that I am failing to find videos and reviews about it as a whole.

Keymo is a heavy system. Its racketing system, while simple, will wear in time and perhaps not always produce repeatable POI shift.

Keep in mind these are all points I have gathered from searching; I have not seen, touched, or used any of these products.

Are there any pros or cons I am missing?

Who has experience with these?

Is there a recommendation?

Any guidance is appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:41:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ilovebullets] [#1]
I'm not a pro but I do have some experience with different mounts. I have buddies with cans and I just purchased my first one and have been shooting with it for a month.

I personally wanted a locking mount (for piece of mind) but didn't want a lot of weight so I went with the Rugged R.U.M. mount. It's made out of titanium and I like their brakes. I put the 3 port brake on my 7mm PRC and a 2 port brake on my 5.56 AR. I am using a Liberty Precision Machine Mach-S .30 cal can. I have been very pleased with the performance of both. The R.U.M. is pricey but I didn't mind and feel it's money well spent.

It boils down to what you want. Lightest possible? Inexpensive? Locking collar or not? Not many people on here speak about the Rugged mount but I figured I would give my .02. The Xeno has been popular and a nice lightweight system. The Keymo is great if you want to have the can under a handguard and want the ratcheting lock.

ETA: I have no experience with the Griffin mount.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:48:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Griffin Dual Lok HRT-556 and I really enjoy the system, I am currently in the process of converting my Turbo K on my other rifle to Dual Lok.

It's simple to use, and rugged imo.

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:28:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Awesome! Thanks for the information.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:29:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Great! Which comp are you using? From the Griffin lineup, I was mainly looking at their Tactical Comp, then their Flash Comp, then lastly their Brake.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:35:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SuperheroSmith:
Great! Which comp are you using? From the Griffin lineup, I was mainly looking at their Tactical Comp, then their Flash Comp, then lastly their Brake.
View Quote

I have the flash hider on both my guns, granted I probably should of used one of their comps on my 12.5 to act as a sacrificial baffle.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:22:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I would vote Plan A. Cheaper, very simple, and unless you’re using a belt fed, more than enough. Most I’ve done in a single session is 450rds with zero loosening.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:49:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I run Griffin EZ lok on my pistols and their mount & titanium muzzle devices on rifles without issu
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:05:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RangeToy] [#9]
dp...
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I use the Griffin Dual-Lok on my 11.3" 300BO and I love it.  It can be a pain to compress the collar spring to unlock it sometime, especially if it is really close to the handguard leaving you minimal room to work, but its a very positive lock-up and once locked in, there is no way its coming loose.  Probably one of the most positive lockup systems Ive seen yet actually.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 6:33:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Griffin Plan A.

Cheaper, lighter, simpler.  I've been using it on all of my centerfire cans for quite a while and have never had an issue with it walking.  The Dual Lok is great, but unnecessary for most.

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top