Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/16/2024 9:10:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scalped]
Did anything like this officially exist during or slightly after the Vietnam War era?

ETA: or unofficially (i.e. MACV-SOG)
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:43:37 PM EDT
[#1]
No.

18Z50
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:00:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tiger222] [#2]
Not officially then, there was an American merc in Rhodesia who modded his AR15. And there is an African military doing this to their M16A1’s now, they started  just a few years ago and they are still in service afaik. Oh and I’m fairly certain there was an Aussie in Nam who had a telestock, singlepoint & XM148 on his. These is a photo somewhere out there. Well a head of the game!
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:09:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tiger222:
Not officially then, there was an American merc in Rhodesia who modded his AR15. And there is an African military doing this to their M16A1’s now, they started  just a few years ago and they are still in service afaik. Oh and I’m fairly certain there was an Aussie in Nam who had a telestock, singlepoint & XM148 on his. These is a photo somewhere out there. Well a head of the game!
View Quote

Ah, gotcha.

Guess I'll start looking for A1 stock now
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:19:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Go A2 w/ collapsible stock, official US Army mod.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:55:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I just built a C7A2 ish build along these lines.

I liked the Canadian C7A2 but also like the M16A2 modded with CAR buttstock. I have a couple pics saved of a guy in Desert Storm chocolate chip camo with an A2 with collapsible CAR stock.

I got a C7A2 lower from Bad Attitude Dept and was going to build that first but real Diemaco parts are hard to come by, and pricey whem you do find them.

I ended up building a hybrid to try out the general pattern. Not a clone of anything, but I like the layout.

BA C7A2 lower, C7 upper, A2 rear peep and square fron post. 4 position buffer and CAR stock, A2 grip and handguards. 20 inch 1-7 pencil barrel with A2 flash hider.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:23:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By backbencher:
Go A2 w/ collapsible stock, official US Army mod.
View Quote

Nah. Trying to put together for my old man a similar build from his time in South Vietnam 1967. Was hoping that slapping an H&R A1 upper onto a milspec lower w/ an XM177 stock had historical precedent. Would've been cheaper and faster. But mainly cheaper.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top