Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/16/2023 2:19:12 PM EDT
I just got a m&p 15-22 and as embarrassing as it is to say I didn't realize that you could not put it in safety mode without the charging handle being cocked. The selector was already a little bit stiff so I thought that was the only issue, and then i did get it to go forward into safe mode but immediately took it out as I then thought this was a no no, it was tough to move into safe mode but it also seemed like it could have been just needing to be worked. Now that I know it needs to be charged it works as normal but my question is, is there anything I should be concerned about replacing? I did order a new safety selector as I figured maybe it had been compromised and I dug into the switch when forcing it to move? Or could it be fine? Is the factory selector all one piece?

I am going to schedule an appointment with a local smith to put on my volquartsen firing pin, extractor & tk plunger as well as the safety selector.

Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 5:47:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Hard to tell without pictures.

The parts you list are easily replaced at home if you have basic tools and skills.

RCA
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 5:54:45 PM EDT
[#2]
The normal AR-15 selector won’t work, the 22 receiver is a little wider. You have to order a 15-22 specific safety.

The rest of the trigger group is the same.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 9:23:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Another thing to consider is that the S&W MP 15 22 has a polymer receiver.
Bad things can happen when you try to force a selector installed in a polymer receiver.

RCA
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#4]
The safety is made of polymer so you probably just gouged it up forcing it like you did. Yes, the receiver is polymer also, but I have a hard time seeing damaging it.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top