Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/10/2024 6:19:38 PM EDT
Anybody have any experience with this scope?  Built a  6.8 spc mostly from parts had accumulated and don't want to put a lot in a scope.  These are on sale for 199.00 this weekend.  Did a search not a lot of information on them.  Some say Six with Glx glass. Seems to be made in Philippines.  
AHA
Rad
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:20:33 PM EDT
[#1]
What reticle?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Illuminated ACSS Aurora 5.56 Yard M6 S Reticle - SFP
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:49:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mogunr1:
View Quote

I don't love the ^ for precision applications.
I do want to pick up another Nova reticle
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:04:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought one last weekend, they had it for the same price. It arrived today and hopefully will get to shoot it tomorrow. I have an SLx gen 4 to compare it to.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:17:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: s4s4u] [#5]
Originally Posted By mogunr1:
View Quote

Bummer
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:24:38 PM EDT
[#6]
It's made in the Philippine's.

It is saying it is the mix up of the GLX glass but using the SLX series components..so it's a Japanese Philippines mix I guess. But it is certainly a step up from the China made version.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:13:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I resisted it last week, but will probably cave this week.  I have a few ACSS scopes, don’t mind the ^ and have learned to use it.

Not a popular opinion, I know.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:49:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I agree the reticle is not my favorite but it is going on my 6.8 or maybe my 458 socom so not really a target rifle.  Actually spoke to cs at PA today and he said it was basically a SFP GLX.  If thats true not a bad deal for 200.00.  The cs guy said each special purchase is different but this one was made in the Philippines and "basically a Glx". Still would like to hear from someone that has gotten their hands on this "batch". Not that it matters now already pulled the trigger.  Will let you know what I think when it gets here.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:26:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:27:14 AM EDT
[#10]
As above it’s basically GLX glass in the body of an SLX. I have a few. They’re a steal for what they cost.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:02:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By doty_soty:
As above it’s basically GLX glass in the body of an SLX. I have a few. They’re a steal for what they cost.
View Quote

Yep, especially since they’re over $100 cheaper than a regular SLX!
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:07:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

It is saying it is the mix up of the GLX glass but using the SLX series components..so it's a Japanese Philippines mix I guess. But it is certainly a step up from the China made version.
View Quote

SLX = China
GLX = PI
PLX = Japan

There is nothing Japanese about this optic.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:22:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

View Quote

No Japan involved. You may be thinking of the GLx 1-10. That is another scope that blends between their lines. It uses Japanese glass and final assembly with Philippines providing “less critical” parts.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:34:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I got in on the nova fiber wire special purchase they had awhile back and it’s very nice for 200 bucks. I wouldn’t hesitate if I needed another 1-6
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:21:53 AM EDT
[#15]
I saw the 1-6x was on sale this weekend for $199.  I couldn't pass on this deal.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:46:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Moondog:
I saw the 1-6x was on sale this weekend for $199.  I couldn't pass on this deal.
View Quote

I bought two of their 300 Blk version of this SP optic last year when they blew them out the first time like this.  At 1x, these are miles better than the several SLX 1-X optics I own.  It's not close.  The 6x clarity and resolution is also way, way better than the SLX LPVOs, particularly in low light.  The turret design/mechanicals is vastly superior with these (identical to my GLX 1-10s that I love so much).  How these are even still in stock boggles my mind.  I bought three last week before they closed the sale and then put them back up with a max 2 per household.  These are an unholy steal at this price, and honestly would still be a good deal at double or triple.  If you are in the market for a 1-6 with a good reticle, buy this scope.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:20:56 PM EDT
[#17]
A few weeks back I bought a Sig Tango MSR on sale at PSA.  I'm looking forward to comparing it to the PA optic.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:41:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Toddles] [#18]
I bought one back around thanksgiving. As stated above, the glass, turrets, and illuminator knob are much nicer than the SLX line. Other than the illumination being pretty useless in daylight, they’re a steal at 200 bucks.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:24:08 PM EDT
[#19]

That is my post and I bought the PA Special Purchase 1-5 with the Aura reticle. I love the optic and reticle. I have not had it to the range yet (taking care of my father and not sure when I’ll get to the range). I do dry fire practice with it and my eye picks it up well.

@PrimaryArms talks about the optic in the thread and I think there might be links to other threads about it too. Great optic and if I needed another one and it was available, I wouldn’t hesitate buying another one. I came close to buying the Sig Tango MSR 1-6 and I have no regrets buying the PA 1-6.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:03:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Ok first haven't had a chance to shoot it yet so let's start there.  Got the scope in and compared it to my Swampfox 1-6 Arrowhead.  Glass appears better at all magnifications.  Reticle is ok.  Not my favorite.  Illumination is like any other etched reticle ok.  Turrets are nice.  Mag rotation is smooth.  Overall compared to the 395.00 retail Swampfox 1-6 they are very close.  I think the glass is better in the PA.  The reticle is better in the SF.  Illumination in SF is better but mine is green so not a fair comparison. Turrets are a wash. I like the exposed turrets on the SF better but that is personal preference.  Already changed the elevation turret to exposed on the PA very easy and I think an improvement.  I shoot mostly long-range so turret turning is second nature.  Not necessary at ranges this scope is built for but still my preference.
Overall for the same price they are very close.  I think it is far better than the SLXs I have looked through (But don't own).  For the sale price I wish I had bought 2.  All of this can change with use but overall I am very happy with my purchase and if they go on sale again I would buy another one in a heart beat.
As an aside one thing I don't like is the lack of information from PA.  Not saying they are not being forthcoming.  They answered all of my questions and were great.  Just kind of concerns me that the answer from CS was "This one is like a SLX with GLX glass."  So what is the next one going to be like?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:36:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone recommend scope covers/ lens caps for this optic?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:58:05 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Butler Creek if you want cheap, One Hundred Concepts if you want bougie
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 2:01:50 PM EDT
[#23]
I was hoping for a more precise answer, as in specific cover sizes.  Thanks anyways.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:28:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Toddles:
Other than the illumination being pretty useless in daylight
View Quote

Now the pricing makes sense to me
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 10:36:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Received mine today. Overall I'd say a very good value. Glass is clear with crisp edges at 6x. Much nicer than the gen II PA 1-6x I had. Fit and finish is nice.

Magnification is a bit tight, but hopefully it'll loosen up with some use.

1x is more like .8 or .9. 1.25 is closer to 1x.

I've had a P4Xi, PST gen II, Delta Stryker, and currently have a Trijicon Accupoint 1-8x to compare to. I wasn't looking for daylight bright and I know it can't be. However, the illumination should have been left out. My gen I and gen II from PA were brighter.

100% worth the $200 though.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 6:47:33 PM EDT
[#26]
This deal is back on for the holiday weekend
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#27]
I got the one with the Aurora reticle last year during the black Friday sale with the free mount. I'm not a huge fan of the Cheveron, but at least it doesn't have the horseshoe. It has a bit of fisheye at 1x too. Illumination isn't daylight bright but I couldn't care less about that. Even if I did care about the illumination, the reticle being SFP works well at 1x since the chevron is plenty big and easy to pickup.

Banger of a deal though, I've been really pleased with mine. If the Nova reticle one comes back into stock then I'll pickup one of those too.

View Quote

I've read that the Butler Creek 20 and 02A work.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 4:22:13 PM EDT
[#28]
I had some PA Bucks laying around and decided to pick one up.  The GX glass alone pushed me over the edge on the impulse purchase. Interested in trying the ACSS reticle - it might be good for my wife's rifle to keep things simple at range.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:42:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:
Received mine today. Overall I'd say a very good value. Glass is clear with crisp edges at 6x. Much nicer than the gen II PA 1-6x I had. Fit and finish is nice.

Magnification is a bit tight, but hopefully it'll loosen up with some use.

1x is more like .8 or .9. 1.25 is closer to 1x.

I've had a P4Xi, PST gen II, Delta Stryker, and currently have a Trijicon Accupoint 1-8x to compare to. I wasn't looking for daylight bright and I know it can't be. However, the illumination should have been left out. My gen I and gen II from PA were brighter.

100% worth the $200 though.
View Quote

Adjust your diopter.

Link Posted: Yesterday 9:37:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:13:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By PrimaryArms:

What he said^
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SpacemanSpiff:

Adjust your diopter.

What he said^
To solve what? The magnification? The image and reticle are crisp, but I will try it.
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:15:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#32]
To solve what? The magnification? The image and reticle are crisp, but I will try it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SpacemanSpiff:

Adjust your diopter.

What he said^

If you have good eyes you can get a clear reticle even at a less than optimal diopter setting.
Play with it while focusing on a distant background.
Link Posted: Yesterday 1:55:51 PM EDT
[#33]
The only negative I see with this is the insufficient illumination.  I don't do sporting competition so this matters little to me since dim illumination is what I want for low light shooting.

Maybe not my favorite reticle but useful.  Good compact size/weight.  Very good glass, decent eye box.  I haven't even mounted it let alone shot with it so I can't make a final judgement.  Upon initial inspection, this isn't my favorite but is the best quality/$ I've ever gotten on an lpvo and I've gotten in on some pretty good deals ($600 Bushnell  1-6.5 pro, used $350 viper pst2, $400 1-5 weaver tac, $500 swfa 1-6HD).

I would have gotten 2 but I really didn't even need this which is why it's still not mounted to anything.  I thought about replacing my first lpvo, the original Burris xtr14, on my stg58 but I don't find that lacking on that gun.  I'll probably just put it in a qd to use as daytime for my thermal AR.
Link Posted: Today 12:09:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By RDTCU:

If you have good eyes you can get a clear reticle even at a less than optimal diopter setting.
Play with it while focusing on a distant background.
View Quote
That did help fix the magnification at 1x.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top