Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/16/2024 7:46:16 PM EDT
Anyone got a new PSA with the A1 trapdoor stock?  Says it is foam filled and solid.  Opinions?
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:07:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#1]
Stock body itself is okay, though the hole for the sling swivel screw might need drilled out so the screw actually fits and you can tighten down the sling swivel. The foam fill is the soft modern type and not the hard stuff of the older GI type stocks.

All hardware that comes with the stock is junk except for maybe the sling swivel and the sling swivel screw, but they aren't the real thing. Trap door is junk and the butt plate is only really compatible with the junk trap door.

Same stock as was being sold through Linemount.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:57:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't built it onto a lower yet but so far I'm pretty happy with mine.

Compared to my real A1 stock, the foam inside feels just as firm. No problems with the sling swivel being loose. I guess it could theoretically work loose while shooting slung but that's just a hypothetical, and certainly nothing like what Cliff is describing.

The trapdoor definitely feels cheaper and less solid than the real thing but I wouldn't say it's junk. It's definitely much easier to open but that's not a big deal to me. It does have real checkering unlike another one that I have.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top