Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/22/2023 8:19:44 PM EDT
What does everyone use for ultrasonic solution, is it worth buying specialized cleaners like the ones hornady sells?   I just bought a huge ultrasonic cleaner so I'll need a lot of solution which cannget expensive even when diluted
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 8:28:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I use Krud-Kutter very dilute with water.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 9:58:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it safe for aluminum
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 10:49:24 PM EDT
[#3]
A lot of peeps use 50/50 purple power and water.
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 1:55:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Slip 725 weapon cleaner. You can order the concentrate from them which saves a lot. Works great.
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 10:26:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: awd_xtc] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By colt-fan:
Slip 725 weapon cleaner. You can order the concentrate from them which saves a lot. Works great.
View Quote

I see they have a formula specifically for ultrasonic cleaners and its a concentrate.   1 gallon makes 5 gallons of cleaner.  I went ahead and ordered 2 gallons.  I dont know why i didnt think of slip, ive used their stuff for a long time and have been happy with everything I've tried from them.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 3:40:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: colt-fan] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By awd_xtc:

I see they have a formula specifically for ultrasonic cleaners and its a concentrate.   1 gallon makes 5 gallons of cleaner.  I went ahead and ordered 2 gallons.  I dont know why i didnt think of slip, ive used their stuff for a long time and have been happy with everything I've tried from them.
View Quote

Glad it helped. It's my go to cleaner as well.  I believe it's all 725 just concentrate is a lot cheaper.  The concentrate has worked great for me and can mix up a spray bottle for spot cleaning
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 4:53:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I use slip 725 when I clean whole gun(s) or lots of parts. It can be saved and used again. Most just settles to the bottom.

If I'm cleaning a small batch of parts I'll fill the unit up with water and put the parts in a sealed container with cleaning solution.
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 2:34:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I fill the tank with water, then put parts in baggies with hopps. it works great
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I've heard the Simple Green Aviation and their (purple) Pro HD work well. I've used the purple HD to clean with for several years now but only as a spray solution. Both are safe for aluminum as regular simple green is not.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 3:04:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I also fill my ultrasonic cleaner up with water.  Then I put my parts in old peanut butter jars with whatever solvent I think will work best for the application as I use it for carb cleaning, reloading and general mechanical work.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top