Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Posted: 7/16/2021 8:16:28 PM EDT
Anyone have any suggestions on a good rig to bow hunt for alligators? We should have a tag every year for the next 3 years and am looking for something to pin a buoy to a larger alligator at the farthest distance possible. Prefer not to use my whitetail setup but am open to buying an older compound & adding components. Already have a harpoon and bang stick & have done the weighted treble hook deal, kinda wanting a little better option. Open to the possibility of a crossbow as well. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 9:09:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I would think any of the bow fishing bows could be adapted easily.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 12:02:40 PM EDT
[#2]
The Onieda Osprey is a great choice and is often the preferred option of folks hunting big fish (or in this case, gators).  The G-Rex is another similar bow.  Both are on the high end of $$$ so it depends on your budget and how often you'll be bowfishing I guess.  

Muzzy offers a more affordable bow fishing bow but the reviews are pretty mixed on quality which is a shame for a company like Muzzy.

If this is a one time use thing I'd probably just find a used bow with enough poundage to get the job done and set it up.
Page Archery » Bows
Top Top