Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2020 11:32:34 PM EDT
Been close to 20 years since I regularly shot and hunted with a compound bow. I was in high school still. Bought my wife a Diamond Edge 320 in the kryptek pattern with the basic RAK package last month. She has expressed interest for about a year that she wanted to get a bow, so we finally did it. She has been shooting 30-40 arrows every other night and displaying a promising foundation. I have an old family friend that works out at the bowtech pro shop. I know bowtech’s aren’t necessarily the best bows, but they seem a decent value and I know enough guys that work out there I know they’ll always take care of us.

I dug out my old PSE Carroll Dominator and it’s so out dated I don’t even want to spend the money to buy new arrows, let alone replace the string. I decided it’s time to upgrade. Probably going to get a Bowtech Convergent with the basic package for an extra $75 that includes some basic FO sights(big improvement from my old bow), stabilizer, wrist strap, quiver and arrow rest.

So here’s the question. Funds are limited, I won’t be hunting this season with it, but probably next season. Should I spring for an improved arrow rest first or a better sight set up with slider? Seems a drop away arrow rest offers a lot more consistency and maybe a little speed.

My brother of course thinks I should buy a bare bow and add the accessories I want, but just getting back into it, there seems to be to much to learn to make good decisions right away. Arrow rests and spendy, but so is a Spot Hogg at $275.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 4:56:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have any experience with the Convergent but it seems like a decent bow at that price point. Personally, I wouldn't be afraid to check out used stuff on ebay. You can get a pretty good fully loaded used Hoyt, Mathews, PSE, Bowtech, ect. from the last few years for a similar price to what your paying for the Convergent.

As to what to upgrade first on the Convergent, I'd say the rest. I think a good drop away helps a lot with consistency of the arrow flight. When you get to hunting next year you can spring for a decent sight.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 3:33:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Bought a Revolt X, added a Hamskea Hunter Hybrid rest, a Spott Hogg Fast Eddie and a Predator stabilizer. Just need to add a quiver
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 10:28:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WantsAnRRA:
Bought a Revolt X, added a Hamskea Hunter Hybrid rest, a Spott Hogg Fast Eddie and a Predator stabilizer. Just need to add a quiver
View Quote

Sounds like a pretty sweet setup and something that’ll be good to go for a lot of years. I have the same rest and a Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL on my bow and couldn’t be happier. Check out Tight Spot quivers, a little pricy but are rock solid and have lots of options.
Top Top