Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Posted: 10/17/2023 1:11:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: turbomunkey]
I've gotten this delusion in my head that I am somehow going to get a bow setup, some cammys, and go bow hunting for the first time before this season ends on public land. That being said, thoughts in this setup? I am waiting for the guy to confirm draw length and weight.

I know bows are weird and guys like to upgrade frequently, and this bow is likely "older" but it looks like over all a good value.

Thanks

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/spo/d/hinckley-bear-arena-34-compound-bow/7676906722.html
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 3:49:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kazual] [#1]
IMO I'd consider it at $600.  I've been out of the market for a long time so things may have changed.  My take, it's an 8 yr old bow model that was well spoke of in it's release date.  In the past, last yr bow models would be worth 50-60% of new purchase price.  One might only be able to give away an 8 yr old model?  Arrows and other accessories don't usually add much to the price of the bow, though perhaps they should. Also, if strings and cables are more than 1 or 2 yr old you would likely want/need to have them replaced, probably $100+.

How I came up with my price:
Bear Arena 34 - $250
Releases         - $60
Arrows            - $20
Target             -$25
Stand              -$150
Sights/Case      -$100

Total               -$605

then again, I might be off on depreciation these days and the longevity of strings and cables?  Hopefully someone with more up to date knowledge will chime in on it?

Link Posted: 10/17/2023 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kazual:
IMO I'd consider it at $600.  I've been out of the market for a long time so things may have changed.  My take, it's an 8 yr old bow model that was well spoke of in it's release date.  In the past, last yr bow models would be worth 50-60% of new purchase price.  One might only be able to give away an 8 yr old model?  Arrows and other accessories don't usually add much to the price of the bow, though perhaps they should. Also, if strings and cables are more than 1 or 2 yr old you would likely want/need to have them replaced, probably $100+.

How I came up with my price:
Bear Arena 34 - $250
Releases         - $60
Arrows            - $20
Target             -$25
Stand              -$150
Sights/Case      -$100

Total               -$605

then again, I might be off on depreciation these days and the longevity of strings and cables?  Hopefully someone with more up to date knowledge will chime in on it?

View Quote

I have heard people get killer deals on "last years model" when the owner decides to trade up. Archery talk has a lot of traffic, but seems like the bargains aren't entirely there. Thank you for your input.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 10:03:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Archerytalk certainly has deals if one is patient, i bought a 1yr old trx 34 for half of what it cost new.  That said, I would not buy an 8yr old bear for that money, parts if needed will pose a problem.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 3:30:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I would consider something new like a Diamond (bow-tech) Infinite Edge over that
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:20:47 PM EDT
[#5]
There's one on eBay for $400 or best offer.
Page Archery » Bows
Top Top