Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2023 3:28:17 PM EDT
SO I have an older Darton Mustang, have had it for 25 years or so, it has been in storage in a plastic case in a closet for 20+ years.
I found it moving and wife wanted to shoot it.

It has been strung for 25 years, I was afraid It would break a limb if string broke shooting it.

So I went to 2 local shops and it was going to cost ~$200 to put new string on it.. is that the going price?

SO what are thoughts?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 5:05:46 PM EDT
[#1]
If the cost includes the string and all the necessary adjustments, then I'd say that $200.00 is on the high side of average.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 1:53:57 PM EDT
[#2]
America's Best Bowstrings sells strings for the Mustang of different qualities from $119 - 179. So if they were quoting on the mid grade @ 149, they're only looking at $50 for the install and any tuning.

However, I'm not sure which Mustang model that is since they made two different models with that name.

Either way, a +25 year old bow+string replacement(which may be hard to source)+the work necessary to do a basic tune isn't going to be the cheapest thing.

Link Posted: 2/23/2023 7:16:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I lost this thread, may go ahead with it, it was a good bow, not fastest but it shot good

Thanks for info
Top Top