Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2024 1:10:19 AM EDT
Was looking at a 37mm launcher for smoke rounds and since they are not rifled like the 40mm are, what really is the difference between them?

Was looking at the side loading Spikes 9 inch, the B&T and the IWA.

From my understanding the tube length difference on these wont matter assuming its long enough for the case/shell you're putting into it because its not rifled. Assuming they're all side loading and can shoot the exact same 'round' is there really any performance difference between them?

What am I missing?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:23:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Unlike 40mm, there isn't a set standard for 37mm so ammo made for one launcher might not work in a different 37mm.

One of the reasons it makes sense to load your own.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:42:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Postal0311:
Unlike 40mm, there isn't a set standard for 37mm so ammo made for one launcher might not work in a different 37mm.

One of the reasons it makes sense to load your own.
View Quote

I 100% was going to as I have a smoke recipe that puts whatever is available to shame.

Was just trying to figure out if there was any sense/value in going to just a cheaper Spikes over a $1500+ 37mm launcher.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:57:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Durability/strength varies wildy. I've seen some (CMP) launchers that you can bend the steel receiver rail by hand. Some of the spikes launchers have had the breech  locking piece shear off.

In general the 40mm launchers and the 37mm launchers based on them will be better quality and construction. These include the LMTs, Deftec, Penn, IWA, and B+T.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:47:12 AM EDT
[#4]
IWA is the highest quality, B&T is quality as well but is a bit weaker
Spikes is airsoft tier
Top Top