Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2024 8:37:35 AM EDT
Looking for something to go on my duty belt for riot squad purposes. I have the BFG tiny packable one, but I’m not convinced it could hold up to getting banged around with a bunch of flashbangs or CS grenades in it. I’d like to stow or fold away when not in use. Opinions?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:12:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I have this on my range instructor belt and like how compact it is while folded and durable it has been for the last two years.

https://flatlinefiberco.com/dump-pouches/
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Some of us just received our mo betta magpul dump pouches

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:57:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FredMan:
Some of us just received our mo betta magpul dump pouches

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/77154/IMG_5043-3202260.jpg.
View Quote

The maxpedition stuff looks nice!
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:36:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Normally suggest the BFG for low profile, but for something a bit sturdier, yeah, the Maxpedition one.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:28:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By NoImpactNoIdea:
I have this on my range instructor belt and like how compact it is while folded and durable it has been for the last two years.

View Quote

I have the same one. Gtg.

I got the Maxpedition BFL one as well. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:32:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got one from Beez. I know they don’t have a fantastic reputation but I am really impressed so far:
1. Fast shipping. I had it in five days.
2. Great price.
3. Different design. Their mounting system is better and lighter than Molle.
4. It holds plenty. I haven’t pushed it yet but they said six magazines.
5. It has enough of a lip to keep stuff from bouncing out.
6. It’s still new but it feels very stout and it should last a couple years.

https://www.beezcombatsystems.com/collections/dump-pouch/products/folding-dump-pouch-gridlok

No affiliation. YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:54:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#7]
At the moment all Maxpedition Dump Pouches, as well as a number of other pouches, are on BOGO sale.  For example, buy one particular size/model of pouch in a given color, and add same size/model pouch in a different (or the same) color.

Maxpedition BOGO Pouch Sale

Disclaimer: No financial interest.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:02:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Not sure what Dabster means, Beez Combat Sysems is top notch and has an excellent reputation.  

Yeah, Maxpedition does the BOGO all the time.  The Roly Poly isn't that great as a dump pouch, in that it's a bit shallow, and mags tend to fall out of it if you don't close it.

But for a general purpose stowable pouch, they're GTG.

I think for lo-pro on a duty belt, I'd want the BFG Ten Speed.  Very small and flat footprint when not in use.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:07:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#9]
Originally Posted By JoeDevola:
Not sure what Dabster means, Beez Combat Sysems is top notch and has an excellent reputation.  

Yeah, Maxpedition does the BOGO all the time.  The Roly Poly isn't that great as a dump pouch, in that it's a bit shallow, and mags tend to fall out of it if you don't close it.

I think for lo-pro on a duty belt, I'd want the BFG Ten Speed.  Very small and flat footprint when not in use.
View Quote
I've bought a few items from BCS and never had any problems at all.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:05:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By JoeDevola:

View Quote

As I wrote, I am really impressed with my Beez gear. However, searching this forum a bit, there are some mixed reviews and it didn’t seem honest not to acknowledge them.

In my humble opinion, based on the four items that I’ve purchased from them, you can shop Beez with confidence.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By bluedog82:
Looking for something to go on my duty belt for riot squad purposes. I have the BFG tiny packable one, but I’m not convinced it could hold up to getting banged around with a bunch of flashbangs or CS grenades in it. I’d like to stow or fold away when not in use. Opinions?
View Quote

www.Thewilderness.com

Bucket dump pouch. Shorter than the slimline, same design. Both have a belt loop that goes under and around front. Fit's a duty belt slot at the top. There's a heavy duty loop at the top. Perfect for a large oval carabiner.

https://www.thewilderness.com/dump-pouches/bucket-dump-pouch/

I use there. Range pouches, duty pouches. The small will fit the items you listed, just not stacked. Easy to get them out too. Once empty, if you're using the built-in belt loop, roll the pouch up use the strap to secure it, leave it on the belt. I prefer to use a 4" 'Biner that hooks in a handy keeper placed where you want. Super easy off/on/off compared to that belt loop. I've also made leather straps like keepers but with a loop for hooking the carabiner through. I prefer the long ones, keep stuff deep.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 8:15:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By NoImpactNoIdea:

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:58:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Appreciate the input, fellas. I’ll probably try the BOGO Maxpedition.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:16:23 PM EDT
[#14]
A frequently repeated comment in this thread is having a dump pouch with sufficient depth so as to prevent contents from bouncing out or otherwise being ejected during violent personal movements and doing so without user needing to secure the top flap on the pouch.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:01:40 PM EDT
[#15]
The fabric on the BFG is better than you might think I used to use it when I would walk lanes as OC/T and had it full of pyro (artillery simulators). Saw a fair amount of breaking brush/bushwacking'

That said I used the drawstring to partially constrict it so things wouldn't come out but the consequences for loosing pyro in a training area on a base are not the same as dropping/losing control of the stuff your talking about on a public street so I think your on the right path to find something that is sturdy and has a flap/security of some sort.
Top Top