Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2023 9:45:38 PM EDT
What is going rate for metric Imbel and Austrian FAL magazines? A guy at work says he has a dozen or so, but wants me to make an offer. I can't find anyone selling them to give me an idea what is a fair price. He said he thinks there may be one or two Israeli mags. Looks like a year or so back they were selling for around $50 to $60.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Take this question over to Falfiles  They gots nawledge there
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 5:32:19 AM EDT
[#2]
So my mag purchases over the last couple of months included steel FN and Steyr 20 rounders, which were $25 each; a DSA 30 for $69; aluminum 20 round FNs for $40 and $60 each depending on the seller; and FN 10s from DSA for $50.

Typical price for steel seems to be $40. I would not pay that unless I were desperate for mags, they are NIW, or there is something special about them that I desire. Aluminum are worth it amd usually start at those prices but can go much higher. 30s have gotten outrageous, up to $250 each sometimes.

Before the COVID panic I was paying as little as $8 for mags and even aluminum ones I got for under $20. Only agyerwards did I ever pay $20 or more for mags.

For regular steel 20s I would start somewhere in the 20s and negotiate up from there as needed. Even if I really needed them I would not go above $45 for used. If they are DSA, unless they are 30s, just avoid them as well as any other non-OEM mags. For aluminum I might start closer to 30 and would have a higher ceiling.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigstick61:
So my mag purchases over the last couple of months included steel FN and Steyr 20 rounders, which were $25 each; a DSA 30 for $69; aluminum 20 round FNs for $40 and $60 each depending on the seller; and FN 10s from DSA for $50.

Typical price for steel seems to be $40. I would not pay that unless I were desperate for mags, they are NIW, or there is something special about them that I desire. Aluminum are worth it amd usually start at those prices but can go much higher. 30s have gotten outrageous, up to $250 each sometimes.

Before the COVID panic I was paying as little as $8 for mags and even aluminum ones I got for under $20. Only agyerwards did I ever pay $20 or more for mags.

For regular steel 20s I would start somewhere in the 20s and negotiate up from there as needed. Even if I really needed them I would not go above $45 for used. If they are DSA, unless they are 30s, just avoid them as well as any other non-OEM mags. For aluminum I might start closer to 30 and would have a higher ceiling.
View Quote

Very helpful. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 4:26:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AK_Mike] [#4]
About a year ago I went nuts just trying to find any metal magazines.  I had to settle for buying for lots of 10 or 12 or 20, still in military wrap unissued so they cost a premium.  Over on gun broker it looked like a few sellers were getting as much as $75 for even used mags.  Ridiculous!  I ordered some used surplus mags, $25, but so bad I had to have them all refinished.  Could not find any aluminum mags.  Bought a couple of polymer DSA mags only to find out they are worthless.

If anyone out there has any aluminum magazines, new or used, please contact me, I'll pay a ridiculous price for them.

I want to sell many of the steel mags I have, but I was going to be a jerk and put them on gunbroker for an outrageous price because they seem to sell but I am torn because I would rather sell at a honorable price to fellow ARFcommers because lots of us are desperately needing them.

25 years ago, they were $5-$7 each, they could hardly give them away, most ubiquitous mags I would see in my local gun shops.  Now, I can't hardly find them and when I do, the prices are insane.  Seems to be $25 for beat to hell used mags, $40-$55 for new steel, $75 for used steel on gun broker in lots of 4-6, $85+ for aluminum, and don't even get me going on 30rd mags, I don't dare look.
Top Top