Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2024 8:42:03 AM EDT
Anyone know the type of connector or a source for the connector or a source for the cable for a PVS-31D. It is not a four pin Lemo or a 4 pin Fischer.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:38:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Greatly appreciate the info. Now to try and hunt one down.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:57:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: French1966] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TNVC_Augee:

I am honestly not sure who the manufacturer of the connector is, however it is the standard connector / interface for all THEON Sensors Nyx goggles, which both the Elbit F5032 (AN/PVS-31D) and EOTECH Bino-NV family are variants of.

EOTECH is supposed to be the primary U.S. commercial/LE NV distributor for THEON and they share manufacturing space in Michigan, so EOTECH would be the primary source for Nyx / Bino-NV / F5032 cables.

You can also sometimes find Nyx / ECOTI splitter cables floating around on the “surplus” market.

~Augee
View Quote

The cable manufacturer is ODU, and the 31D (along with its other variants) cable/connector design is part of their AMC High Density series I believe

https://odu-connectors.com/fileadmin/media/products/circular-connectors/amc/amc-high-density/downloads/catalogue/odu-amc-hd-catalogue-en.pdf

@jhoule grab me a cable too while you are at it
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Good look.  Now I have to see if they sell cables. I shall let you know.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:52:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: French1966] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jhoule:
Good look.  Now I have to see if they sell cables. I shall let you know.
View Quote

@jhoule

Did you ever find one?

I was always looking for a battery pack and cable set that wasn’t retail priced, and recently ran across a deal but it included a Ecoti splitter cable instead of the standard cable.

The battery packs by themselves seem to be for sale occasionally on ebay, and the lowest I have seen them for is around $300, but no matter what I was never able to find cables for sale separately that went with them. I turned up some by searching for “Eotech NV bino battery pack cable” on google, but anything that did come up was never in stock.

Anyways, just thought I would report back and see if you ever came up with anything in your search. I would still like to source a regular cable without the splitter, as I don’t expect that I’ll be affording an Ecoti any time soon and it ends up just being extra cable that I have to manage on my helmet.

I figured I would show some photos of just how wildly different the connectors are compared to something like a lemo, and also how dumb it is of one particular company to advertise an alternative cable for this system, found here: https://bifrostgear.com/products/replacement-power-cable-for-an-pvs-31d bifrost gear seems to take Chinese products and mark them up to near retail pricing of authentic stuff. So, for anyone reading, just be aware and probably avoid doing business with them. I think they are trying to prey on people that think you could somehow use a lemo or fischer connector to power this device.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

And a size comparison of the battery pack next to an anvis one for scale. This definitely affects fitment inside certain battery pack retention systems. The 31D battery pack is so small and lightweight that it wouldn’t appropriately counterbalance the bino, and more weight will need to be added.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 3:45:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I did not find anything. On line through odu and their vendors, it’s looking like a single connector is in the neighborhood of $85. I looked at the bifrost cable and that does not look like the pcs 31d port.  

It does look like the nocturne Fischer to Lemo cable I bought tho.

At this point I just may have to run off a -AA and not try to run a battery pack. It’s hard to justify buying a battery for $850.

The pics were awesome, def helped me identify what I am looking for.   If you end up with a lead on a reasonably priced source .  Please let me know.
Top Top