Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2024 10:54:53 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:33:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Joe, Mike and Matt - thank you so much for spending the weekend with us and spreading your knowledge with us. I really appreciated the gear talk and considerations when looking at buying gear. Oh and the Hunter/Hunted part of the class was sooo fun and taught me some things.

This was my first low light/no light class. I knew I had some knowledge and equipment gaps.

I had a malfunction - my RDS mount is QD and of course it fell off. I will be replacing it with non-QD. I also need a helmet task light and a new switch.

I lubed my guns liberally with ALG Go Juice and it worked great for me.

I will definitely look at signing up for Night Fighter 201 if it's offered at Rev-Tac.

If anyone is reading this - go train with your equipment and go outside and touch grass.

I will be back at Rev-Tac in Sept for Cola Warrior Heartland 4 and hope to see some of my classmates there.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:35:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10-8DoWork] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DirtyHandsRob:

This was my first low light/no light class. I knew I had some knowledge and equipment gaps.

I had a malfunction - my RDS mount is QD and of course it fell off. I will be replacing it with non-QD. I also need a helmet task light and a new switch.
View Quote

That's great you got to figure that out at training! Nighttime puts your equipment and skill to the test.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:49:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:43:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 10-8DoWork:

That's great you got to figure that out at training! Nighttime puts your equipment and skill to the test.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 10-8DoWork:
Originally Posted By DirtyHandsRob:

I don't like to admit it, but my QD mount fell off one other time - Cola Warrior Heartland 1. I thought it was just a fluke. I can tell it wasn't. I'll be buying a non-QD mount now.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:38:24 PM EDT
[#5]
One of the eye guys mentioned above checking in.  Class was phenomenal and worth every penny.  Instructors are clearly subject matter experts and glad to share info.  Can't want to find and sign up for night fighter 201.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:08:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Gosh Darn It, Need to keep my eye open for this sort of thing so close to home.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:21:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JEHalloranIV] [#7]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:23:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I too was in attendance for this class and it was fucking rad. It was great to get instruction from a group of genuinely badass dudes who have all made a career or “door kicking” and overall badassery. Joe, Matt, Mike, you guys were all awesome and I absolutely enjoyed learning from, and getting to know each of you.

I too think the biggest surprise to me was how many people brought guns that didn’t want to run. I think for classes like this and for real world application everyone should have a “bottom b*tch” rifle that they know they can take to the end of the earth and back and it will still be kicking. Vote #2 here for ALG go juice.

Lastly there were several great learning points for me in the class and knowing that you don’t always need you IR laser or illuminator on the highest power available was helpful. It was a new moon and totally empty sky the whole time we were at class. And I found myself running low power the whole time was more than enough for me.

I can’t wait for more classes with TNVC here in my back yard. Here’s to hoping you all make a 201 class work here. Until then, cheers fellas and thanks again for an awesome weekend.

Spenser
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:26:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:26:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like I’ll be signing up for this soon.
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:55:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Teflon_Tip] [#12]
I was excited that TNVC brought this class to Nebraska and signed up as soon as I could.

We had outstanding instructors (Joe, Mike, and Matt), an awesome facility (Rev-Tac) and a bunch of like-minded students. I’ve been to a few dozen courses and classes over the years, certainly enough to know a good one when I see it. Nightfighter 101 is a good one. I spent 4 years as Airborne Infantry in the Army and probably 1/3 of everything we did was under NODs. Without giving anything away, I feel like I learned more in this 2-night class then I learned in my entire enlistment.

I didn’t have any problems with my equipment but several other students did. To paraphrase one of my fellow students, ‘bring a reliable gun’. You don’t want to be “that guy” who’s got to keep messing with equipment instead of participating in class.

The class tempo was nearly perfect. There was a tremendous amount of information and learning without it being overwhelming.

TLDR- If you’re on the fence thinking about whether or not you should take this class, I’d recommend that you absolutely should.

-Will
Top Top