PARTS FOR NEW BUILD:
Feddersen barrel
Boyds At One Stock
BX TRIGGER
I’m low on money so be gentle

Got the Brownells receiver and bolt and am extremely pleased
I have about $900 in it plus a $ 300 optic
A little more than I anticipated
Got a couple of other projects' going on but limited time with it shows great accuracy
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:26:00 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have not bought the parts you listed already, I would ship the rifle to Randy at CPC and have him do the complete package (receiver work, barrel work, bolt work and trigger job.  He does fantastic work.

If you’re going full custom, Fedderson has great barrels at a feasible cost, Kidd bolt, Kidd or Fedderson receiver, BC trigger or a Kidd trigger (or Kidd trigger kit).

Accuracy/ grouping is going to be barrel first, trigger and then bolt.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:04:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By QtrHorse:
If you have not bought the parts you listed already, I would ship the rifle to Randy at CPC and have him do the complete package (receiver work, barrel work, bolt work and trigger job.  He does fantastic work.

If you’re going full custom, Fedderson has great barrels at a feasible cost, Kidd bolt, Kidd or Fedderson receiver, BC trigger or a Kidd trigger (or Kidd trigger kit).

Accuracy/ grouping is going to be barrel first, trigger and then bolt.
View Quote

This is a whole new rifle
I have all the parts listed
I might have gone a different route knowing what I know now
I’ve only had my 10/22 apart one time in 15 years so I’m not familiar with the “tech” side of builds.
This NEW rifle will be mainly a fun gun and mainly suppressed.
Hearing things like “barrel droop” has me a little concerned but I don’t know what I  don’t know.
I hope to complete this in next couple weeks for another Appleseed
Thanks for your insight
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:11:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Should have went with the KIDD trigger kit.
Absolute best in the market.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:22:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Randy at CPC.
He does a bolt rework which squares the bolt up, pins the extractor and for a small fee he jewels the bolt.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 50-140:
Randy at CPC.
He does a bolt rework which squares the bolt up, pins the extractor and for a small fee he jewels the bolt.
View Quote

I bought a bolt from him before. It was nice.

Talked to him on the phone a bit too. Seemed like a good guy.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:41:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Taipan01] [#6]
On barrel droop. The V-Block on 10/22's holds the barrel in place to the receiver. Ruger's original has a gap between the barrels bottom and the V-blocks top. There's a number of manufacturers that make V-blocks to fill the gap (taller). I just bored a cleaning rod hole in my receiver yesterday and to do so I had to pull the barrel. I replaced the block with one from Tandemcross as I had it off anyway. It's just two hex heads to remove it. Here's a shot of the after block (in red, no gap)

Attachment Attached File

If you're interested in the hole, I used a Gunsmither cleandrill. It's very simple and the hole lies beneath the visible area of the stock but is inline with the barrel. It should be standard on 10/22 but so should other things.

Hole:

Attachment Attached File
and the cleandrill: Attachment Attached File
It just slides into the barrels opening, you lock it in using the screw hole for the stock/receiver and one of the V-block hex bolts (same twist).

Rear of receiver:

Attachment Attached File

One last side note. With 10/22's I always want to grow a third hand when working on them. My Tipton best gun vise is a bit large so I use the cheapest (about $20.00) Tipton vice there is. A Tipton compact range vice. Works great for my needs when I'm just breaking them down for cleaning and simple jobs.
Top Top