Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2022 1:20:57 AM EDT
Anyone running a CZ specifically a Shadow 2 optic ready? What plate and optic are you running? Anything break on the gun?
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 12:34:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Our local match director has two he runs. Both with a SRO on top. I do not know what plate he uses but I know he sheared the screws off on both this summer within 30 days of each other. One broke off during a match and the other broke off during a high dollar training class.
He is a M so he has run quite a few rounds through them each.

Most of the others I know running them are B or C class and have no issues I know of.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#2]
If you are able to find out what plate he was running that would be great. Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 12:35:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I asked him and two other guys. They are all running the CZ Custom shop plates.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 12:38:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Smurgeon] [#4]
I’m running this plate and a SRO with no complaints.

Shadow 2 plate

So far the pistol has been great.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 1:41:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Common failures are the trigger reset spring... especially if you dry fire a lot, and the slide stop.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 2:31:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone running a TS2 ?
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:14:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Almost my entire circle of USPSA friends are running Shadow 2's.  Some are OR and some are direct-mill.  I have broken a few SRO's, but Trijicon has been taking care of me.  I've broken a trigger return spring, mostly from dry fire.  Other than that they have been very solid.

If you are shooting SRO's, be aware of the glue delaminating the lens from the housing.  Trijicon has fixed mine before they fell the fuck out.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/22/2023 1:24:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DOG556:
Anyone running a TS2 ?
View Quote

I run an early TS in 9mm, no optics. My main pistol for about 6.5 years.  I had an early TS Orange the first year they were out, but got rid of it, at the time there weren't any good retention holsters for the thick frame, that's now on the TS2.  Zero issues with any of my CZs. If I think about, I will clean and replace all the springs in the TS about once a year. Never had a trigger return spring or a slide stop pin break. Years ago, I read putting a drop of oil on the TRS stops the failure, IDK, I put oil on it, and it doesn't break. I oil the gun before a match, wipe down the outside, that's about it. I'm not a high-volume shooter though, maybe 2500 rounds a year.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:55:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I run a shadow 2 optics ready. I use a C&H precision plate. My son’s (15) is direct mill. My back up gun is an optics ready with a C&H plate. All have trijicon SRO 5 MOA dots. All have Cajun Gun works pro package and bushings, trigger and hammers. Mean DA pull is 4.14 SA is 2.12. Using LOK grips pineapple grips.

Haven’t had any issues so far. 11lb recoil and 11.5lb hammer springs. Extractor and extractor springs along with the others mentioned seem to be the most common worn/broken parts. I have a couple spares of each plus the backup gun.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 7:49:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Check out the plates from Www.thecncpros.com

Heat treated steel. Not the shitty aluminum plates.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 10:41:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Are 40 cal.’s used at all ?
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 9:51:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DOG556:
Are 40 cal.'s used at all ?
View Quote
Yes, TSO's are still pretty popular in Limited.
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#13]
CO here seems to be fairly evenly split between the S2 and the P320(Legion, Max) with a Glock or Canik here and there.  

I like my S2 and do OK with it.  Cajun parts help!
Top Top