Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2023 3:16:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 8:23:30 AM EDT
[#1]
There are not a lot of them on the market.

Competition Electronics makes their Shot Timer Pro and Pro II.

They are the standard. Probably the best. I stick with the first version as I think the Pro II is too complicated for my needs.

This is not one of those items where the more expensive it is the higher the quality...

But the Competition Electronics is an small American company with excellent costumer service and they will service your timer no matter how old it is.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 8:39:17 AM EDT
[#2]
AMG Commander is your best choice but you’ll be waiting a while for one.  

I use a Pact timer, works fine.

Competition Electronics models are GTG as well.

Main benefit of the AMG is that it can pick up dry fire.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Take a look into Shooter's Global

I've been using this since 2021 and it's the best I've used so far.  They have a great magnet clip and their smart features are pretty cool along with their app which can take video overlay with the time, etc.  Here's a clip picking up my reload speed when the mag seats - SG timer reloads

I've used almost all of them

- CED7000 is good, I've had one for many years.  Buzzer is too loud and needs tape on it for dryfire.  Clip is not good at all.
- Pocket Pro 2 is a great budget option.  Does everything and has a great clip.  A bit bulky compared to newer ones.
- AMG does a lot of good things, but the wait I've heard is pretty bad
- Pact timer randomly broke on me, buzzer is too loud and it's big.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:32:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Competition Electronics is an outstanding company and they make an outstanding shot timer.   I say these things because A) we use them and use them and use them and they keep on working no matter how much abuse we heap on them.  And, B) Competition Electronics will rebuild their timers for a very reasonable fee and will do so in short order.

Great company.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 1:12:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been looking and have really had the itch for one. I'm going with the Club Pact III.
T-rex arms has them on sale for $110. They are $130-140 normally. I'm going to get it. I think it will suit my needs fine.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 12:31:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Best on market for Practiscore tie in and simple use:

AMG Labs - Commander

Best individual tool with included app support, video recording with timer overlay:

Shooters Global

Great personal training timer. Downfall is rechargeable proprietary battery:
CED7000
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 10:56:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By shomestyle:
Take a look into Shooter's Global
View Quote

I have a broken CED 7000 in my dead timer collection. I've had one for many many years. PACT Club timer, too.

I've been using SG Timer since 2022 and it's the best one I've used so far.  

I like SG APP with video features.
Top Top