Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2023 6:57:01 PM EDT
I have been using a Konus Sport 100 for many years 20-60 zoom good scope for 350.00 roughly.

I always wanted Kowa 82SV with a 20-60 zoom eyepiece. I bought one at camp perry at the national matches this year. I paid 1150.00 for it OTD

I noticed that at the 60mm range the focus was less than perfect and you could barely touch the focal knob and it would blur. Now Im thinking at 1K+ that should not be an issue. took it to the range the other day and guy there had Vortex 85mm 20-60 zoom scope. I ask to look at it and I hate to say it , it was better than mine clearer, easy focus. not to mention Vortex warranty is 100% they will fix it no excuses.

I decided to return the Kowa and get the Vortex, and im very pleased with the Vortex. Im not saying that Kowa is a bad scope it is not, But I can get the same results for 450.00 OTD Vrs 1150.00 to me its a no brainer.

hope this helps someone on the fence about what to buy.

My shooting ranges from 200 yards CMP matches like M1 and modern mil as well as the M1a match at 300 yards and the Vintage sniper match 600 plus yards.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 5:06:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RugRat] [#1]
On the Kowa, the long eye relief, fixed focus eyepiece is the one to choose/use.

It's about 25 power, or so, and works great at 1,000 yard and everything closer.  Will resolve 30 caliber at 300 yards easily.

Resolution is king.  Adjustable power is just something to play with.

The adjustable magnification eyepieces have too many lenses.  Focus at any power is a compromise at best.
Top Top