Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2024 10:22:16 PM EDT
Super easy finger joints!  It looks "rustic" because it's all scrap pieces.  I literally pulled them from the scrap bin and used them as-is, apart from cutting to length.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Can be done for bigger "box joints" too but I'd have to make another crosscut sled for use with my dado set.

Jig is just a flat board with a pin the width of the blade glued into it and set one blade width away from the blade.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:48:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I just made a box cutting jig sled today. I use cutting boards for rails as they don't extract or expand as much as wood but I noticed I need to cut them a bit thinner because they lift the entire sled off the table about 1/16".  It wasn't a big deal on my cross cut sled as it's supported on both the front and back.  I didn't put a back fence on this one though and you can see the bottom is sagging.  I will fix it next weekend when I build my first box.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:03:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Plastic rails works good.  I used maple because I had some scrap pieces.   The maple has held up well.

Definitely cut them slightly below flush of the t-slot depth so they don't bottom out before the sled is on the table.

Biggest problem I have with them is my t-slots aren't very consistent on this griz tablesaw.  Had to try to sand out some of the tight spots by hand.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:30:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Echd] [#3]
Woodworking: How to make the BEST and EASIEST box joint / finger joint jig.

This guy has a super cool jig that you can make and use templates for so it's dummy proof, and you could use a regular blade and not a dado too (if you wanted). The lifting jigholder and partholder is a really cool idea.

I've wanted to pick up an incra I box for a long while. I just keep putting it off.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:45:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Literally my first and "go-to" jig.  It almost never leaves the saw as it is so versatile and usefull.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:18:54 PM EDT
[#5]
My table saw is a small jobsite saw and the miter that came with it is all but useless.
A crosscut sled is first thing I built with the saw, now I can't image being without it.

Attachment Attached File

Top Top