Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2022 4:57:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ElrodCod]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I did.  It’s not efficient/aggressive enough for me.  If you are a daily shaver and your hair isn’t super coarse and thick, it is a great alternative to cartridge razors.  If they sold an aggressive head in aluminum, I would probably give it another try.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:56:33 PM EDT
[#2]
They a mild and a medium. Which did you have?
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:20:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hooooon] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ElrodCod:
They a mild and a medium. Which did you have?
View Quote
Originally I bought a mild.  Exchanged it for a medium to see if that worked any better, but it did not.  I would SWAG the medium as maybe 20% more aggressive than the mild.  Would have needed to be a lot more efficient than that to work for me.

It is worth noting that I primarily shave my head, neck, and line up my beard.  It didn’t really do much for me for any of those purposes, even when I tried shaving every day (I prefer shaving every other day).  Point being I can’t speak to how it handles cheeks, mustache, and chin.  I did not happen to be clean shaven when I was trying the Henson out, and it’s performance didn’t impress me so I didn’t bother to drag it out of the box I threw it in last time I shaved my face.

If you’re a pretty hairy person I would probably give it a pass, or at least make sure you can get a refund if you’re not happy with it.  If you’re fairly baby faced it will probably work fine.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 6:05:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a mild, medium, and aggressive arriving in the next day or two. I'll post an update as I use them.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 7:57:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Medium works for me. Love it
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 3:22:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine just arrived yesterday and I tried it out for the first time this morning.

This thing is freakin' GREAT!

It's a total upgrade over my Merkur and very comparable to my old double edged Gillette Atra (IMHO the best razor ever made, but which Gillette decided to stop making cartridges for).

I was never very happy with the Merkur.  It's all steel (chromed) and handles like a damn "truck" going over my face.

Now, it's probably important for me to say this.  I'm an old guy, but formerly a redhead.  Redheads have the fewest hair folicles of any hair type and my beard is not heavy.  My skin is also snsitive and I have always needed to use a medicated soap when washing my face or for shaving.
BUT, if you fall into this catagory, definitely get one of these Henson AL13s.
Just GET IT!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 11:01:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought one to try. It's only OK. It suffers from the same problems all aluminum razors do that I've found.

#1 - It's too light.

#2 - AL lacks the natural lubricity of nickel plated brass or stainless steel. Feels like it's really dragging across my face.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 11:08:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the medium and I really like it.  

Like another poster said it is very light and drags across your face, those are the only downfalls.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 10:38:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the first version of the henson medium.

The best combo I've got out of it was a Gillette Silver Blue blade.
Top Top