Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2024 1:56:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tech-Com]
10And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur, into which the beast and the false prophet had already been thrown. There they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. (Revelation 20:10)

14Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death the lake of fire. 15And if anyone was found whose name was not written in the Book of Life, he was thrown into the lake of fire. (Revelation 20:14-15)

- Now in the next two chapters of Revelation we are given two different lists of people, they seem very similar but their fates are different.

8But to the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and sexually immoral and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their place will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur. This is the second death." (Revelation 21:8)

- Now compare the above verse to the one mentioned in the next Chapter

14Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and may enter the city by its gates. 15But outside are the dogs, the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood. (Revelation 22:14-15)

- In this verse we have very similar people but their location is very different, notice "unbelievers" is excluded. We also have a process "washing" by which some who were outside the gates with everyone else can prepare themselves to draw nearer to God. Therefore my current understanding of Jesus casting people into the outer darkness does not exclude some process for them turning back towards the light such as the mentioned washing. This seems distinctively different from the lake of fire that torments for eternity. These people may be ones who have lived a lie or by actions have lied against the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the Seal of Salvation. Ananias and Sapphira had this seal, but dropped dead when they lied to the Holy Spirit. Did they lose the seal of their Salvation or is there a hierarchy in Heaven just as Jesus teaches in the parable of the talents? (Matthew 25:14-30) He says this parable is of the Kingdom of Heaven, one worker was given more and by doing well he even receives the talent of the most useless worker. Now this hierarchy or elevation in the Heavenly Kingdom does not exclude Salvation from those who were not as successful as the best workers, but the things they will be put in charge of may be less.

- Now the idea of washing clearly parallels 1 Corinthians 6

9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who submit to or perform homosexual acts, 10nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

- However there are also number of verses indicating those old methods of cleansing and offerings still occurring as well as serious punishments in the Kingdom of Christ for noncompliance, though I believe some of the verses refer to Christ our High Priest working the Heavenly Altars things he filled up, but others indicate a more traditional Old Testament process for some peoples. Therefore in this Earthly Kingdom the distance from it does not mean the Lake of Fire, and there are clearly methods of drawing nearer.

Zechariah 14:16-21
16Then all the survivors from the nations that came against Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD of Hosts, and to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles. 17And should any of the families of the earth not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of Hosts, then the rain will not fall on them. 18And if the people of Egypt will not go up and enter in, then the rain will not fall on them; this will be the plague with which the LORD strikes the nations who do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles. 19This will be the punishment of Egypt and of all the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles. 20On that day, HOLY TO THE LORD will be inscribed on the bells of the horses, and the cooking pots in the house of the LORD will be like the sprinkling bowls before the altar. 21Indeed, every pot in Jerusalem and Judah will be holy to the LORD of Hosts, and all who sacrifice will come and take some pots and cook in them. And on that day there will no longer be a Canaanite in the house of the LORD of Hosts.

Isaiah 56
7I will bring them to My holy mountain and make them joyful in My house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and sacrifices will be accepted on My altar, for My house will be called a house of prayer for all the nations."

- Now some will say these sacrifices could only be occurring in the millennial kingdom, but notice the presence of the Tree of Life in parallel verses that indicate it may be the Eternal New Heavenly Kingdom. Those washed have access to this Tree, and the Nations need the leaves of it for their healing. These same nations can also be denied blessings for disobedience. Again, another example there is a means for distinct groups of people to enter the gates and gain access to the Tree of Life in this final New Earth and New Heavenly Kingdom.

Revelation 22:2
down the middle of the main street of the city. On either side of the river stood a tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit and yielding a fresh crop for each month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.

- In addition, since we know Jesus came to Kindle the Earth, and that there have been angels bound in darkness. I would appreciate any verses about Jesus igniting this darkness, as this could bridge the concepts between outer darkness and lake of fire.
Top Top