Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Posted: 8/10/2022 10:17:34 AM EDT
I am going to try using a GoPro 10 for stills and video at depths up to 120'

I have never had good luck with dive lights. Most likely I have never spent enough money on one...

What would be a good light to use with the GoPro? I plan on using a tray for the light and camera.

I have been considering this one.
Sea Dragon 3000f
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 11:51:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SynSix] [#1]
I'm using an HID Light Monkey with a reflector and an older GoPro.  My buddy has the same light.  This is how it does in the complete darkness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpntPcnWVzg

Link Posted: 9/3/2022 11:59:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MemeWarfare] [#2]
I haven’t been into that for a decade but what my friends and I would do is make a diffuser to slip over our lights since high power dive lights tend to have a very tight focus. You can make a diffuser easily using anything from commercial diffuser material to a Pringels can lid. I cut mine to fit in a piece of PVC that slipped over my light head and held in place with a bungee chord so I could slip it on or off throughout a dive as needed.
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 5:31:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MemeWarfare:
I haven’t been into that for a decade but what my friends and I would do is make a diffuser to slip over our lights since high power dive lights tend to have a very tight focus. You can make a diffuser easily using anything from commercial diffuser material to a Pringels can lid. I cut mine to fit in a piece of PVC that slipped over my light head and held in place with a bungee chord so I could slip it on or off throughout a dive as needed.
View Quote

Commercial diffusers are available now for a number of lights. Not sure if they were available back when you were diving.
Page General » SCUBA
Top Top