Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2024 1:28:50 AM EDT
This bitch is giving me a hard time. I'd think it has to be pressed in from the right to come off, but I've tried great multitudes of times. Hell I even tried using 90 degree needle nose pliers to get the bitch off.

Anyone ever remove one? It's on a 2014 Street Glide.

Got a cool indy shop about 10 miles from me, but I'd rather be embarrassed here, than there for asking a lame ass question.

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 2:44:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:45:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I found this pic online

I think you need to go past what you can see and press on a tab that comes out the other side where the hole I drew the arrow to is.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:58:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Spaceboy] [#3]
Found the connector

You are right, push right there, you may even be able to get a straight pick or a small screw driver between the connector and push down on the clip.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:12:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jos51700] [#4]
You gotta push on  it in the little rectangular hole shown a couple posts up.

It's made that way so it's harder to push accidentally. Kinda like a fence around the mag button on an AR lower.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:49:50 PM EDT
[#5]
You guys are fucking great!

It's still holding strong, but at least I know what I'm working with.

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 1:07:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Pop the plate off your solenoid, pull out the plunger and take a look see if the copper contactors are fried.  Even if it is starting OK, take a look.  

I bought a plate replacement that has a button in the center that I can use to manually cycle my solenoid if other things fail.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 1:09:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#7]
A fried solenoid will fool a mechanic that is "professional enough" and make them think it is a starter relay, battery, cables, etc.  Nobody knows how to troubleshoot anymore.

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 1:19:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wildearp:
Pop the plate off your solenoid, pull out the plunger and take a look see if the copper contactors are fried.  Even if it is starting OK, take a look.  

I bought a plate replacement that has a button in the center that I can use to manually cycle my solenoid if other things fail.  
View Quote

THIS! I installed a few when I worked on HD's and they're great insurance.

I've been wanting to develop something similar for my old Mopars.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 1:59:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wildearp:

View Quote

I received my solenoid cover with start button yesterday. That's why I'm trying to get that bitch connector off! I can probably get the cover off with the connector in place?

Reason I wanted to add the solenoid start button was because around once a month or so, I'll push the start button and get nothing. Turn the ignition switch, press the run button and hear the fuel pump, wait for the red light to go off then press the start button...nothing. It always start after a couple few tries, but I'd hate to be out and get stranded.

Posted on the Harley Forum that I hang out on about this situation. Several have had it happen to them since day one of getting their bikes new. It started on mine about 18 months ago.

Top Top