Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 13
Posted: 4/30/2024 9:59:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: John_Wayne777]
I've said before in plenty of threads that I think that the deep state was heading into a position where it would be forced to make some sort of deal to survive and to keep things from coming completely apart.

The deep state is thoroughly corrupt, but not everyone involved is catastrophically stupid. It only really survives if the man in the street doesn't know it really exists. I have previously postulated that different factions within it have been vying for control with the most nakedly ambitious winning most of the time largely due to the recognition of the problem of a shared enemy. The enemy, of course, being the growing populist sentiment in the country. Growing by the day based on even the most casual observation of circumstances, it's a real threat to the long term interests of the deep state.

The problem for them is that it's not going away. It's only getting bigger, fueled by the obvious nature of deep state actions but mostly by the serial catastrophes brought about by the preferred DS candidates being handed power and then proceeding to be retarded with it.

Corrupt is one thing. Corrupt and stupid is quite another, especially when both are readily apparent and are tangible in the standard of living for the average citizen.

Sooner or later if they are to survive, they have to make a deal.

I think they have picked their moment and made one. Or at least a faction of the deep state has.

Just within the last few weeks there has been a number of things that would seem incredibly puzzling based on past history.

- Trump endorses the Ukraine package as a "loan" that anyone with a double digit IQ knows is not
- Bill Barr comes out of the woodwork to say that he's backing Trump and that the cases against Trump are wrong
- Mitch McConnel endorses Trump and then goes on Face the Nation and says that he's supporting the nominee and that the nominee no longer "whipping" people against the package is a "good sign"
- Trump supporting FBI funding and their new HQ
- This rather absurd article where they give a rhetorical blowjob to a political actor with deep ties to big pharma, big corporate types, and the deep state claiming she is "salvaging" Trump's campaign
- Floating deep state stooges like Tim Scott as VP. (See prior article)
- The apparent peace-making between DeSantis and Trump

These are all discordant with past statements and behaviors. That so many of them are happening at about the same time is, I think, indicative of something important behind the scenes changing.

From the deep state's perspective, a deal with Trump now is vastly preferable to trying to deal with him later. He's significantly weaker now while hoping to win the presidency than he would be having won the presidency over their best efforts to stop him. He's the nominee now, despite their best efforts to derail his return to the Oval. I'm betting that some of the more rational actors in the deep state have recognized that doubling down and hoping that the trend somehow miraculously reverses is foolish and have decided to use the tried and true approach of doing whatever they can to ensure that no matter who wins, they win. At least on some level. They have let the more radical voices among them prevail up until now, but I think now you will start to see that pushed back because their strategies aren't working and are actually making things significantly worse.

If I'm right, what would the deal look like?

Trump gets:

- A grant of immunity from the Supreme Court with a majority that includes Roberts at the very least, but probably Roberts and Barrett. It could be a complete shutdown of all the lawfare cases citing presidential immunity. But I suspect the more likely result is a finding that presidential acts are immune but personal acts aren't, spawning an entirely new set of litigation about what acts end up in which pile that would put any of the cases being resolved well beyond the election, making all of them moot. Think of this as the dividing the baby in half approach and the Supremes are suckers for that shit. So that's what I expect. But the practical effect would be to reset all of those cases to zero while what sort of act each thing would have to be run through appeals.

- The fraud machine isn't supported by the deep state. I'm sure it will be activated because DNC is gonna DNC, but it doesn't have the full scale support that it did in 2020. That in combination with multiple states passing reforms to limit the impact of the fraud machine helps make the impact significantly less.

- The press' (because the mainstream press is just the mouthpiece of factions within the deep state) universal reviling of Trump diminishes. Biden starts to get more critical coverage rather than the tongue bath he's been getting up to now. The reality of the economic numbers (and how they've been "revised" every time for the last few years) starts to become a mainstream narrative.

- The deep state scales back on the wokeness shit.

- Essentially a legit shot at being president and an end to the majority of the lawfare with some victories he can show off.

- Maybe...maybe...some vindication in the judiciary with the more excessive abuses of judicial authority answered for. But I consider this one the longest of long shots. Judges do not like to hold other judges accountable no matter how blatantly corruptly they behave.

The Deep State gets:

- Dictating the VP pick. It ends up being somebody like Tim Scott or DeSantis as an insurance policy. Insurance because Trump can be impeached or outright killed if he gets uppity and their boy gets in. It's not an idle threat, either. Just ask the Kennedys. Or Nixon.

- Minimal to no institutional reform. There will be no swamp draining. At best, some of the more radical actors who have pushed things to the point of absurdity and who will not want to cooperate in a new direction will get offered up as sacrifices. They'll be thoroughly marginalized and ALL the sins of the deep state will be pinned on them to help sell the narrative that it was just a couple of bad apples and everything's better now. I expect that those who don't play ball with the new direction will actually suffer real consequences...or at least a few will as a warning to everybody else to step the fuck in line. But as far as real progress on defanging the "intelligence community" or the FBI? Not going to happen. In fact, once some of the bad actors get publicly hammered expect the whole flag-waving OUR HEROES routine to show up. This will be an improvement, but not a real correction.

- Ukraine funding continues. Forever war is back on the menu, boys. Iraq/Afghanistan for 20 years, Ukraine for the next 20. Buckle up.

- An attempt to rehab the deep state with Trump's most hardcore loyalists. There are a chunk of people voting for Trump who think he's Jesus and will swallow anything he says. So the DS will try to get him to rehab their image with that segment so that a broad and united coalition against them is more difficult to produce in the future. I expect that the price of this will be some scapegoats among the overreaching radicals. They get hammered and probably pretty hard to make sure the message is loud and clear what direction The Firm has decided on and to try and defang attempts to hold institutional actors accountable. Make the institutions choose between their pet radicals and their own existence, and I'm certain which decision they'll make.

- No serious inquiry into the jab. This serves both Trump and the DS' interest because Trump wants to think he deserves credit for solving COVID and the pharma companies most certainly do not want a serious examination of the health impacts of their vaccine, a full accounting of how it came to market, or what safeguards and protocols they overlooked to get a product on the market. This leaves vaccine impacted and those who have been red-pilled on the entire enterprise out in the cold, but with little they can do about it. Look for Trump's administration (if he wins) to actively shut down any attempt at investigation or accountability on that front.

- Trump endorsements of more establishment type candidates for congress, not real reformers. This one there is probably some room for squish on, but I'd expect Trump to come down for Uniparty candidates more often than not.

Now don't get me wrong...I don't want to be right, but that's what I think best explains the disparate things I've been seeing over the last 30 days or so. I'd love to be wrong. But as unpleasant as the conclusion is, it's the only one I see that fits.

If I'm right, my predictions above will manifest here and there.

That's why I'm writing this out in its own thread rather than in another, because I'm looking to set a mark and determine how accurately I'm seeing what's going on. One of the keys to determining whether or not you are getting the right sources of information and whether or not you're correctly analyzing that information is the extent to which you have the ability to accurately predict what's going to happen. This is an exercise in that.

Being right out the rear view is much easier than being right about the road ahead.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:02:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm still voting for Trump as I am sure not voting for Biden or his ilk.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:04:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BuckeyeRifleman] [#2]
It’s why anyone who was fully on board the Trump train during the primary wasn’t very smart.

If there is one thing that is abundantly clear about Trump, is that he has no real political ideology. At the end of the day he cares about “winning” and MAGA was just a clear avenue to do so in 2016. His policies were largely the antithesis of what he campaigned on.

He was in a legal and political mess following his first term, some of which was due to unfair attacks, but a lot of which was his own doing. His only way “out” was tying himself to the deep state to “win” both the GOP nomination and the general. He has no qualms with what that means for you or me.

Unfortunately at this point we have no other option, but don’t say we didn’t try and warn you.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:04:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Paul_Sothern:
View Quote

I don't expect this realization...if it's accurate...to change anyone's mind about how they will vote because of exactly what you said. "Better than Biden!" is a thing.

I think the exception to that rule are the people who are really motivated by COVID vaccine skepticism. They will see it as a betrayal and will react with hostility towards Trump. If he keeps up the rhetoric on the vax he's done in the last few days it may even cost him a close state with votes that flee to RFK. We'll see.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:07:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: John_Wayne777] [#4]
Originally Posted By BuckeyeRifleman:
It’s why anyone who was fully on board the Trump train during the primary wasn’t very smart.

If there is one thing that is abundantly clear about Trump, is that he has no real political ideology. At the end of the day he cares about “winning” and MAGA was just a clear avenue to do so in 2016.

He was in a legal and political mess following his first term, some of which was due to unfair attacks, but a lot of which was his own doing. His only way “out” was tying himself to the deep state to “win” both the GOP nomination and the general. He has no qualms with what that means for you or me.

Unfortunately at this point we have no other option, but don’t say we didn’t try and warn you.
View Quote

Here's the problem with that assessment:

There's no evidence that anyone else would have been immune to the very same forces. In fact, the unspoken plan for DeSantis was to grab the nomination when lawfare took Trump out of the running...only it didn't and he couldn't. He was the establishment choice over Trump, but Trump still won. So its unlikely he would have been any better on any of this than Trump will be.

Vivek is probably the most organically resistant to any sort of deal making, but I don't think he ever had a realistic shot...and we'll see whether or not he's able to be compromised by whether or not he tracks along with post-deal Trump's positions. If he stands up to Trump on some of those key issues it's fair to say he would be less likely to have compromised. If not, well...you have your answer.

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:08:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe he has always been a leaf in the political wind, guided by nothing more than what benefits him in the moment.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:12:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:

There's no evidence that anyone else would have been immune to the very same forces. In fact, the unspoken plan for DeSantis was to grab the nomination when lawfare took Trump out of the running...only it didn't and he couldn't. He was the establishment choice over Trump, but Trump still won. So its unlikely he would have been any better on any of this than Trump will be.

Vivek is probably the most organically resistant to any sort of deal making, but I don't think he ever had a realistic shot...and we'll see whether or not he's able to be compromised by whether or not he tracks along with post-deal Trump's positions. If he stands up to Trump on some of those key issues it's fair to say he would be less likely to have compromised. If not, well...you have your answer.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

If there is one thing that is abundantly clear about Trump, is that he has no real political ideology. At the end of the day he cares about “winning” and MAGA was just a clear avenue to do so in 2016.

The thing about DeSantis is he was likely dealing with the very same establishment forces in Florida as he would’ve on the national stage. Were they as powerful? Probably not, but if you know anything about Florida politics, the GOP there is infested with RINO’s. The fact he rose to the top despite that and has the most conservative record of any governor in the country at the moment says a lot.

Would’ve he been immune to those same forces on a national level? Probably not, but his record in Florida at least shows he can fight that battle.

At the end of the day, we should be voting on record and nothing else. But we don’t, and here we are.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:12:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StanGram] [#7]
All the things you cited are things that happen in every election. At least the endorsements.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:13:13 AM EDT
[#8]
The final trump.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:14:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Trump is a deal maker. It's what he does.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:15:01 AM EDT
[#11]
This has been my thought as well.  The actors are getting backed into a corner and risking exposure... they either go JFK or cut a deal...
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:15:34 AM EDT
[#12]
TLDR, but at least OP used paragraphs.  If OP could condense it down I would be more interested in reading it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:18:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By mordecai:
This has been my thought as well.  The actors are getting backed into a corner and risking exposure... they either go JFK or cut a deal...
View Quote

I'm certain that a portion of the deep state would love to go the JFK route. Putting in legislation to try and strip him of USSS protection while simultaneously wanting him thrown in Rikers leaves little doubt about it.

But I think that the more rational actors realize that killing him would be exactly the wrong move.

By the time they wanted to get rid of Nixon they figured out that a soft coup works better than assassination.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:18:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Let him "win", keep him ineffective, as in- lame duck that can't get anything accomplished, and he is OUT, after four years, as any type of political threat in the future...
that makes sense.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:19:32 AM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

It wasn't an outspoken it was spoken by his him campaign team and  Nikki Haleys team

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:20:13 AM EDT
[#16]
I've recently read Joe will step down and be replaced by Whitmer who will accept defeat in Nov. Trump gets to be President and the Deep State dictates what it wants. Trump will be immune and I think DeSantis is the VP.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:20:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Laughable at best.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:21:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Great timing on this thread. Thank you.

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:22:12 AM EDT
[#19]

The thing about DeSantis is he was likely dealing with the very same establishment forces in Florida as he would’ve on the national stage. Were they as powerful? Probably not, but if you know anything about Florida politics, the GOP there is infested with RINO’s. The fact he rose to the top despite that and has the most conservative record of any governor in the country at the moment says a lot.

Would’ve he been immune to those same forces on a national level? Probably not, but his record in Florida at least shows he can fight that battle.

At the end of the day, we should be voting on record and nothing else. But we don’t, and here we are.
View Quote

Who pushed DeSantis to the top?
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:23:24 AM EDT
[#20]

If there is one thing that is abundantly clear about Trump, is that he has no real political ideology. At the end of the day he cares about “winning” and MAGA was just a clear avenue to do so in 2016. His policies were largely the antithesis of what he campaigned on.

View Quote

FFS grow up
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:24:00 AM EDT
[#21]
I wouldn’t rule it out.

Not convinced either way. Tagged for the purse-swinging either way.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:25:06 AM EDT
[#22]
I sometimes wonder if they have taken Trump to a secluded location and then shown him a video of the JFK shooting from a never before seen angle and then said "listen, this is how things are going to be from now on".
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Wow, You really like to type.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:27:33 AM EDT
[#24]
It's obviously 4D chess and any moment now Hillary will be locked up.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:27:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Trump isn't making deals with the deep state.  

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:28:16 AM EDT
[#26]
“Not everyone can be catastrophically stupid.”

True.

But intelligent individuals become mouthbreathing fucktards once placed in groups containing actual mouthbreathing fucktards.

They are not self-aware. They all think “I’m isolated, I’m safe, those dirty, dirty normals can’t get to me!” in their gated neighborhoods with their private security.

They think they can just “mostly” topple the country in such a way as to further their own goals. They don’t understand that once this great nation begins to fall, it will plunge straight into the ground, hard and fast, faster than anyone will expect. And once that happens, their own security will turn on them as the population descends into chaos, and they will be among the first that are gunned down. Unless they un-ass the country months in advance, there will be no escaping it.

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:28:51 AM EDT
[#27]
that is a bunch of cherry picking, data mining bunch of bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:29:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By NDHojo:

FFS grow up
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NDHojo:

FFS grow up

Nice factual response. We’re totally not the party driven by emotion.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:30:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Good effort post.
I agree. Back off and regroup mode.

In for hopefully thoughtful responses.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:31:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Yeah, but no. Its 4D chess by Trump, he's playing them all...

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:33:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Would they actually trust Trump to accept a deal? He could easily burn them.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:33:50 AM EDT
[#32]
I agree with everything you say apart from DS not controlling the fraud machine. I think they're very much in control of it and know how much it can be used. They know they overplayed their hand in 2020 and may realize they won't be able to use it to win this year.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:34:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Trump will sell your rights to feed his ego.

There is no monolithic deep state boogeyman.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:34:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By anesvick:
View Quote

Hence the insurance policy of the VP pick being at their approval.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:37:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Everyone either bends the knee or faces the headsman eventually in this game.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:39:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RustedAce] [#36]
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:44:42 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm even more cynical in that I don't think they need to make any deals.

I think from the outside looking in, in 2016 Trump actually thought he could affect change to the headless morass and he leveraged that into a winning campaign strategy that surprised everyone, including the opposition, to the point of being unable to cheat their way out of it without significant risk of exposure, balanced against the idea that "Trump is a deal maker" so roll with the loss and manage his ability to do anything effective.

Trump backing off such rhetoric today could be simply knowing now what he didn't know then, that even a President, "The most powerful man in the world" is a Dutch boy at a dike when measured against the institutional inertia of the federal government and it's web of NGO, media and academic water carriers.  

So this time around instead of rallying the populist sentiment, he's placating those with the actual power, because he's determined that's the only way to win.  No deal required.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:47:47 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Could he?

I don't think he, or any other individual could at this point.  The president is just a single person, and all of his power is paper.  If the tools meant to put his will into effect have a will of their own they'd rather implement, can he really do anything about it before being Kennedy'd or Nixon'd?
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:53:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Or, and a big OR here… What you described was the actual process of politics.

You have to give a little to get a little.
Could it be that Trump realized he’s going to have to do a little of that to get back to the throne?

Congrats.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:56:24 AM EDT
[#40]
It would almost have to be a deal.  Trump is too arrogant to learn from experience.  

I don't get the change in McConnell and Barr, but it's not a good thing to be aligned with them.  Their opposition is one of the few positives Trump had going for him.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:56:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DaveM4K] [#41]
Originally Posted By Jeepsnguns81:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jeepsnguns81:

Jeb Bush et al
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:57:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Kiju:
Let him "win", keep him ineffective, as in- lame duck that can't get anything accomplished, and he is OUT, after four years, as any type of political threat in the future...
that makes sense.
View Quote

What about the first 2 years when Repubs held the majority in ever house?
Didn’t do too much during that period, why wait for lame duck?
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:58:13 AM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Exactly.  Nothing else matters.  Trump will appoint Supreme Court and Federal Court judges that will be the best we can hope for.  Period.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:59:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:59:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DaveM4K] [#45]
Originally Posted By HangfiresGhost:
Laughable at best.
View Quote

You will know if he is right by June. If the USSC gives trump immunity you will have your answer.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:02:09 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

No offense man, but have you been paying attention?

Right or wrong, he got schlonged in his civil cases to the tune of $500M.

He is going to get convicted in his DC trial, likely his NY trial, and maybe his Florida trial too.

Any opportunity he had to “burn them” came and went years ago. Any deal he would make today would be for his own self-preservation. Not because he’s finally got the deep state right where he wants them.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:02:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Badlatitude:
Wow, You really like to type.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:03:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By DaveM4K:

You will know if he right by June. If the USSC gives trump immunity you will have your answer.
View Quote

While the op could be correct, and that is something to be concerned about, the correct answer is immunity and doesn’t show a deal was made.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:04:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Trump doesn't have a moral compass he deals.  After all he's gone through, he isn't going to stand in opposition.  I'm more disappointed in all people here that worship him.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:04:48 AM EDT
[#50]
I say you have a valid point.

Trump cannot do it by himself. He has to sell out to a degree to make it. The slimy deep state wants above all else, to save itself. A match made in heaven so to speak.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top