Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2024 10:56:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sq40]
Sorry its a reddit post.  I would like to hear from people that actually used this system if its even possible, accurate or legit?

https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/s/aHwDQpLc8C

Attachment Attached File

The original is supposed to be buried somewhere in this twitter account, https://twitter.com/RAEFOSnet
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 4:41:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#1]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:19:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Im a former LAV Master Gunner. Hence the name. But that's absolutely a lav sighting system. Without another item for reference its hard to tell if hes moving it in the screen or its doing it and hes trying to keep up. Hes got the vic shut off but you can still here the drive motor spin up as he traverses and elevates. That sight has a trace setting which would have highlighted movement. But it makes some sea sick so a lot dont run it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:56:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:42:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By brass:

@MikeGolf13

Thank you for confirming!   How fast does the turret/camera move?  Are the up/down and left right movements at the speed the gun or camera could turn or is it outrunning the abilities?

What is the typical field of view there?  I notice he changed the magnification to at least 2 different levels, curious what they are, like 1x and 4x or 4x and 12x or something?

What is the 5 digit number Number at the top center of display?

View Quote

Turret can spin around in about 10 seconds, depends if its running or not. elev and depression is pretty quick no real speed number for it.  its not outrunning at all mostly stable looks like its the operator just blowing past it. those numbers at the top are the turrets mills declination. so hes not traversing really. that sighting system has a very long zoom around 40x. so the original reddit post saying like 500m idk. we can see a rat running arund at 500. plus the number at the bottom is the last range and its zerod out so we don't know. ( he could have shot a laze at nothing too). This system can easily identify and make hits on a truck out to 2500m so I would say this thing is a bit further away.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:20:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NotIssued] [#5]
Dumb question,  how does he have a copy of this vid?  I assume you can't just pop your thumb drive into the LAV.

Or is he recording with his phone off a computer  monitor?
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 3:12:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Top Top