Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Done.  My challenge meters are all logged, and it was a good month.  Rowing duration rose consistently, and the pace kept getting whittled down.  A couple pounds came off.  

My current plan is to keep on this linear progression till something cracks or someone convinces me I'm being dumb.  Final row was 22 minutes with a 2:35.5 pace goal, for 4247 meters.  Breaking a sweat but can carry on a conversation.

One month to go, literally.  I leave for Vegas on May 15.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:15:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By vim:Done.  My challenge meters are all logged, and it was a good month.  Rowing duration rose consistently, and the pace kept getting whittled down.  A couple pounds came off.  
My current plan is to keep on this linear progression till something cracks or someone convinces me I'm being dumb.  Final row was 22 minutes with a 2:35.5 pace goal, for 4247 meters.  Breaking a sweat but can carry on a conversation.
One month to go, literally.  I leave for Vegas on May 15.
View Quote
Well done!
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:41:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Good job guys.  I slacked off the past two weeks.  Coworker was out on leave and I was covering for him.  I was absolutely wore out each day when I got home.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:55:07 PM EDT
[#4]
The challenge is over, but I still have my mid-May goal to keep me motivated.  Weight is still coming off, even as I build some muscle.

I had a doctor's appointment last week.  My blood pressure is down 20 points.  Right there is a massive win!

Took a couple days off, because bodies need a break now and then, but I'm still rowing.  Right around a 2:30 pace now, nothing special, but for me focusing on duration rather than pace seems to be working.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:17:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By vim:
The challenge is over, but I still have my mid-May goal to keep me motivated.  Weight is still coming off, even as I build some muscle.

I had a doctor's appointment last week.  My blood pressure is down 20 points.  Right there is a massive win!

Took a couple days off, because bodies need a break now and then, but I'm still rowing.  Right around a 2:30 pace now, nothing special, but for me focusing on duration rather than pace seems to be working.
View Quote
There's a joke about GD in there somewhere. Seriously - great accomplishment!
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:43:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -CUJO-] [#6]
Aggravated that golfer’s elbow injury again. . . The last time took eight months to heal.  The first time that it happened, I was on the rower 6-7X/week. Awhile back, I went to 4X/week to prevent that from happening again..  

* I’ve been thinking about getting some type of exercise bike for cardio.  Mainly to reduce any further repetitive motion injuries (I pull the handle 800+ times/workout) as I get older.   I’m not sure if I’ll “like it” and use it as much as the almost full body workout of a rowing machine.  Any recommendations?
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top