Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/8/2024 6:13:37 PM EDT
Cop Slams Birthday Girl to the Pavement | Lawsuit Settles After 7 YEARS!

Odd. I know that I can't throw people.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:19:30 PM EDT
[#1]
@LawyerUp thumbnail game is on point
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#2]
HULK SMASH!
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:21:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't watch until the end.

I'm going with, "Officer safety", "Resisting", "Interference", We did nothing wrong".
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:25:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:
@LawyerUp thumbnail game is on point
View Quote

Disagree. This one should have been the same two people in a ring with the cop doing a pile driver.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:26:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh the horror.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Imzadi:

Disagree. This one should have been the same two people in a ring with the cop doing a pile driver.
View Quote

True, that would have been better.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:27:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Just make a lawyer up subforum since we are mirroring his YouTube here
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:27:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Reasonable officers know that their authority must be respected at all times.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By chmodx:
Just make a lawyer up subforum since we are mirroring his YouTube here
View Quote

Just like the On Patrol postings? Doesn't bother me on either one.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#11]
"Assisted to the ground"
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:38:01 PM EDT
[#12]
So she was most likely drunk and thought as many women do that they can do whatever they want. She shouldn't have gotten a dime.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:44:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By tc556guy:
So she was most likely drunk and thought as many women do that they can do whatever they want. She shouldn't have gotten a dime.
View Quote

No, he fucked up and should be fired.

In fact, he SHOULD be in jail.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:52:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:

No, he fucked up and should be fired.

In fact, he SHOULD be in jail.

View Quote

Nope. Drunk women can be the worst. She had ample time to comply with his instructions.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#15]
I would argue that in light of Graham v Connor, a reasonable officer would know that failing the Graham test would result in a 4A violation.

I would further argue that SCOTUS, by publishing a handy 3 step Graham checklist in 1989, put every LEO in the country on sufficient notice of that fact.

Demanding that the plaintiff have binding precedent from the same circuit stating that identical conduct violates Graham is a giant leap of stupidity in Qualified Immunity jurisprudence. Graham tells us what violates Graham. The end. Or it fucking well should have been the end.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:58:39 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

The officer thought the same thing with his badge, but that is at an end now. The QI shield is slowly crumbling one case at time. It always was a bs claim that got so misused from it's intended protections.

Riddle: How can one take an oath to something, not knowing what they are taking an oath too?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:00:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Beltfed308:

The officer thought the same thing with his badge, but that is at an end now. The QI shield is slowly crumbling one case at time. It always was a bs claim that got so misused from it's intended protections.

Riddle: How can one take an oath to something, not knowing what they are taking an oath too?
View Quote

You anti QI guys are really going to be scratching your heads someday if QI ends. If you think nobody wants to do the job now, wait til that day arrives.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#18]
What about dwarves in Velcro suits?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:05:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Beltfed308] [#19]

You anti QI guys are really going to be scratching your heads someday if QI ends. If you think nobody wants to do the job now, wait til that day arrives.
View Quote

You mean I cannot be slammed to the ground as that action violates the highest law of the land? Are you not for Law and Order? Or just the perceived Order part by your profession?

A reasonable citizen standard won instead. Like it or not.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Conversely, the officer could have practiced his verbal judo instead of his takedowns, and deescalated the drunk girl.

I would argue that these days, if you can't handle entitled drunk young women without violence, you shouldn't be wearing a badge.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:13:44 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Her actions got her a misdemeanor conviction for resisting and obstructing.

His use of excessive force in smashing her face on the concrete got him QI for violating her civil rights. And got his brethren binding 10th Circuit precedent saying it violates the 4A.

Her claim that the city did nothing to prevent their officers from violating civil rights got her a $300k settlement.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#22]
QI must be vanquished or American citizens will continue to be brutalized and deprived of their constitutional rights by jack-booted, power-hungry thugs with badges. QI is a constitutional abomination.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:18:09 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Omg whatever will we do with no one around to violate our rights, then play dumb?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:18:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Imzadi] [#24]

Nope. Drunk women can be the worst. She had ample time to comply with his instructions.
View Quote

Graham factors say you are wrong.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:19:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By mbg0001:

Conversely, the officer could have practiced his verbal judo instead of his takedowns, and deescalated the drunk girl.

I would argue that these days, if you can't handle entitled drunk young women without violence, you shouldn't be wearing a badge.
View Quote

He gave her plenty of opportunities to comply.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:19:45 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

No. We just don't understand why we have to let people violate the Constitution if we are going to have police.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:22:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

His use of excessive force in smashing her face on the concrete got him QI for violating her civil rights. And got his brethren binding 10th Circuit precedent saying it violates the 4A.

Her claim that the city did nothing to prevent their officers from violating civil rights got her a $300k settlement.
View Quote

And she's deflecting and not taking responsibility for her actions. Sorry, I have no tolerance for drunks, especially the drunk women who think that they are exempt from having to comply.
I still think that she shouldn't have gotten a dime
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:24:20 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Drunk women ARE the worst and she DID have plenty of time to comply. Maybe next time she goes out she'll exercise a little self moderation and stay sober
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#29]

He gave her plenty of opportunities to comply.
View Quote

Sure he did. But his actions were not reasonable, lawful and Constitutional.

Another Riddle: Who broke a much more serious law in this case?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:31:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Another Riddle: Who broke a much more serious law in this case?
View Quote

We won't agree.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:33:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Beltfed308] [#31]

We won't agree.
View Quote

We don't have to. The Court decided and what you think is a-ok isn't anymore. You know now, so you cannot claim it as an excuse of not knowing if you make headlines now.
Now that you know, drop an e-mail to you buddy thanking him for the loss of these "special" protections if you get pissed off at supposedly drunk 100 lb women.

Do you have a link to your claim of drunkenness by this woman?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:34:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Imzadi] [#32]

And she's deflecting and not taking responsibility for her actions. Sorry, I have no tolerance for drunks, especially the drunk women who think that they are exempt from having to comply.
View All Quotes

And the cop that threw a woman face first into the pavement and then hid behind QI is taking responsibility for his actions?

Edit: Or are you saying that his actions were completely reasonable?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:40:56 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

The court found that his actions were not unreasonable, lawful or Constitutional.

But when seeking QI, one out of three is a win.

Going forward, if another cop does the exact same thing in the approximate same place, then it will be unreasonable in the eyes of the court system.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:46:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Odd. I know that I can't throw people.
View Quote

Bro, do you even lift?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:48:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Beltfed308] [#35]

The court found that his actions were not unreasonable, lawful or Constitutional.

Going forward, if another cop does the exact same thing in the approximate same place, then it will be unreasonable in the eyes of the court system.
View Quote

I understand fully. And to be  clear it would not be considered reasonable now. The officer got lucky, the clock has just been reset.

Good gig they had going but totally squandered because of egos. The big picture is now focused on the abusers as it should be.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:52:27 PM EDT
[#36]

I understand fully. And to be  clear it would not be considered reasonable now. The officer got lucky, the clock has just been reset.

Good gig they had going but totally squandered because of egos. The big picture is now focused on the abusers as it should be.
View All Quotes

The courts will find another way to still give cops QI when they violate a person's Constitutional rights.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:56:30 PM EDT
[#37]

The courts will find another way to still give cops QI when they violate a person's Constitutional rights.
View Quote

I don't doubt it a bit. But one person here cannot claim he didn't know, if a defense attorney goes digging.

Now.... I like it. Simple.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:59:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Any use of force must be reasonable and necessary given the circumstances.

This was neither.

Granting QI was ridiculous.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#39]

Drunk women ARE the worst and she DID have plenty of time to comply. Maybe next time she goes out she'll exercise a little self moderation and stay sober
View All Quotes

No disagreement drunk women are incredibly annoying. But, having read most of your posts in this thread, what do you believe is the upper limit of force that's acceptable in this scenario?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:02:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tc556guy] [#40]

We don't have to. The Court decided and what you think is a-ok isn't anymore. You know now, so you cannot claim it as an excuse of not knowing if you make headlines now.
Now that you know, drop an e-mail to you buddy thanking him for the loss of these "special" protections if you get pissed off at supposedly drunk 100 lb women.

View All Quotes

The Tenth Circuit. You know, that court that everyone here generally disagrees with
The fact that the case went that far tells me that it wasn't as cut and dried as some of you want to believe
Like I said, we wont agree.

Originally Posted By loudnproud:

No disagreement drunk women are incredibly annoying. But, having read most of your posts in this thread, what do you believe is the upper limit of force that's acceptable in this scenario?

Generally putting someone on the ground is safer for everyone involved. I hope that as a general control tactic that hasnt been entirely eliminated.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:03:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Antero:
QI must be vanquished or American citizens will continue to be brutalized and deprived of their constitutional rights by jack-booted, power-hungry thugs with badges. QI is a constitutional abomination.
View Quote

You have NO idea what QI protects. And it isn't the police that receive the most from it

Sovereigns would be in heaven if QI disappeared.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:05:08 PM EDT
[#42]

And the cop that threw a woman face first into the pavement and then hid behind QI is taking responsibility for his actions?

View Quote

Putting her on the ground as a tactic shouldn't be an issue. He should have been more careful in his technique.
Modern day American society just isn't used to seeing force used on people in general.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:13:24 PM EDT
[#43]

Putting her on the ground as a tactic shouldn't be an issue. He should have been more careful in his technique.
Modern day American society just isn't used to seeing force used on people in general.
View All Quotes

Modern day American society just isn't used to seeing EXCESSIVE force used on people in general.
FYP.

This was excessive force. If he had put her on the ground without throwing her face first to the pavement thins wouldn't have been an issue.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:16:59 PM EDT
[#44]

Modern day American society just isn't used to seeing EXCESSIVE force used on people in general.
FYP.

This was excessive force. If he had put her on the ground without throwing her face first to the pavement thins wouldn't have been an issue.
View Quote

I still wouldn't have paid her a dime.
She created the situation, and I bet that to this day she doesn't take responsibility for it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:18:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Ike Turner has entered the chat.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:20:17 PM EDT
[#46]

She created the situation, and I bet that to this day she doesn't take responsibility for it.
View All Quotes

FYP.

Oh, we know that you wouldn't have compensated a woman thrown face first I to pavement in violation of her civil rights anything.

We are all well aware of that.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:28:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:
Any use of force must be reasonable and necessary given the circumstances.

This was neither.

Granting QI was ridiculous.
View Quote

The doctrine has been allowed for too long. Some actual law would be nice. Like a Constitution?

The self defense against illegal arrests laws existed for a very good reason. Let the courts handle it so we don't need them anymore? Doctrines are now a blank check for blatant abuses. As long as you have a warrant you are good to go to the wrong house or not.

Notice a certain poster alleging drunkenness but no proof? Yet? Ever?

They have spiffy uniforms and equipment but they are paid for by the taxpayer. But "they"are not at all like the Crips, Bloods or any other organized gang.

The problem is that the REAL employers' have a bit of an issue with abuse of power/authority in their name for nonsensical cases like this. Self policing doesn't work, oaths, or Constitutional protections? WTF are those? We will do what we want, because we can, by unscrupulous departments is eroding finally. The trust was misplaced and the governing bodies over these actors have failed their citizens.

I didn't  know? The dog ate their application I guess.

The citizens have seen it for a while. The courts are just catching up.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:30:49 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

A police officer is going to pull that on the wrong man's wife, girlfriend, mother or daughter, and then qualified immunity won't mean much to the officer's corpse.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:33:11 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

We'll do our own policing.  Tall trees.  Short rope.  We can use a hemp rope to get the dopers on board.   Carbon neutral, recvcleable.

Bonus:  no bullshit fishing expeditions, tint checks, "you were weaving" .....
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:35:13 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

And I have no tolerance for thugs with badges physically abusing women, whether they be their wife/girlfriend or an arrestee.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top